• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reminder all:

We are not allowed, according to the rules of the house, to speak about Chemical weapons, so drop the Smelly Cheese topic at once or you'll get banned!

:D

from my experience of french cheese, its probaby better classified as a biological weapon.

Britihs Battleship in 2009! Possibly the most happiness inducing sight in the history of mankind. *sighs about possible alternate timelines*

Reminder all:

We are not allowed, according to the rules of the house, to speak about Chemical weapons, so drop the Smelly Cheese topic at once or you'll get banned!

:D

from my experience of french cheese, its probaby better classified as a biological weapon.

French cheese should not be classified as either chemical nor biological weapons, but as Weapons of Supreme Awesomeness (WSA). :p

Anyways BritishImperial if you really do want some biological weapons I can let Alsace fire Cows as in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, ("Fetchez la vache!" :D) or something even worse that all Brits fear:

Rabbitattack.jpg

The Rabbit!! :p

Last edited:
all Now, let's not get this thread closed. :D

Spanden Glad to have you aboard, good sir.

Or rather, currently I am working on the TTL Type 42, and I am running into difficulties there. I am writing the next update on the side, and it should be out tomorrow at the latest.

Or rather, currently I am working on the TTL Type 42, and I am running into difficulties there. I am writing the next update on the side, and it should be out tomorrow at the latest.

The Type 42... a great ship but I do think they were a bit under-armed for their size, especially during the Falklands War. Hope to see your Type 42 with a great boost to the Type 42's capacities. ;)

BTW I should ask, which is more important, ship designs or updates?

The Type 42... a great ship but I do think they were a bit under-armed for their size, especially during the Falklands War. Hope to see your Type 42 with a great boost to the Type 42's capacities. ;)

BTW I should ask, which is more important, ship designs or updates?

Yes, I know. As said, I am working on both atm.

Yes, I know. As said, I am working on both atm.

I'm actually asking my question to ask for your advice for the following matter:
Should I first work on the update for my own AAR or should I work on my Alsace? :rolleyes:

Chapter 112

Graf-Zeppelin-21.jpg

19th May 1940

Wilhelmshafen, Germany

“And she will be able to sail on time?” Admiral Albrecht, the Commander-in Chief of the North Sea Fleet asked. Kapitän z.S. Henricksen, the head of the program that was repairing and refitting the Graf Zeppelin after the munitions fire that had kept her in port for most of the year so far, was sure of it. “We will take at least another six months, Sir, but when we are done, she will be rival to anything the English can field, especially with the new modifications were are implementing.” Henricksen was referring to the new RDF sets that were being installed, something that the original design from way back when she had been built did not include, and the provision for the newer and heavier Junkers Ju-87T2 Dive-and Torpedo Bombers that were to make up most of her Air Group after the disastrous munitions fire that had destroyed most of her planes and had ripped open the flight deck. Luckily most of the crew had not been on board, but the damage had made comprehensive repairs necessary, setting back her operational date by almost a year, as Blohm&Voss had insisted on upgrading various bits and pieces while they were at it. “I sure hope this is needed and worth the time, effort and money, Captain.” Albrecht said. The naval community remembered the disaster that had befallen the Soviet Baltic Fleet all too well, and it had been a close run thing, as Bismarck had almost fallen into the same...trap? Was it a trap? Or rather a coincidence, given the fact that no wireless communication had been used to arrange it all, aside from a few heavily encoded signals between Moscow and Berlin. No, it just had been extraordinary bad luck, and Albrecht intended to to let them have it a second time, and the Graf Zeppelin would be key to that. For the moment the Kriegsmarine was, if nor licking it's wounds, as it had not received any, rather more preparing to give the old adversary some, the battle that had not been fought in 1918, when the sailors had refused to do so. The OKM, Oberkommando der Marine, had been brooding over the revised plans for Operation Rösselsprung ever since the initial plan had been shattered by the four British Battleships, and they were now ready to at least estimate what they were going to do with their diminished force.

All over southern Belgium, sometime between midnight of 19th May and 3:00 AM on the 20th

All over the little nation, British Forces were preparing themselves for the onslaught to come. For much of the month, the Belgians had fought alone for the most part, fighting for their very survival. Only in the south had piecemeal French units arrived, a Cavalry Regiment here, an Infantry battalion there. Then a virtual flood of French Forces had entered the borders of the Kingdom but the British, their traditional ally, was nowhere to be seen, and amongst French whispers of the British having given up on defending the continent and cowering behind their fleet, there were voices that claimed that indeed Britain and her Empire had left gallant little Belgium alone. Then the Stafford Battlegroup had arrived, proving to be instrumental in what was know known as the first Battle of Brusseles, and now, almost a month after the war had come to them, the Belgians all over the nation saw British troops in the streets, doing everything from digging defensive positions to moving more men, supplies and the powerful, and by their standards, monstrously large tanks forward, ready to battle the enemy once more. The Union flag was no longer despised, and British troops were greeted with enthusiasm, for the Belgians knew now that they had not been forgotten, and even more so, when news leaked out that British servicemen had risked their lives to save the Royal Family of the doomed Netherlands, there had been those that had openly cheered. The British Expeditionary Force was more than that in popular opinion. Whilst they were still doubtful that they would be able to hold against the onslaught that was tearing the Netherlands to pieces, having reduced them to the fortress of Zeeland and a few isolated holdouts on the border that were being reinforced by what little forces the French could spare from setting up the Dyle line. No, the British Expeditionary Force was an Army, and a powerful Army at that, and unknown to them, all the British could spare. Against the combined allied Armies, on the other side of the line of light field fortifications that was criss-crossing Belgium, lay an behemoth of an Army. The combined Axis forces had amassed a force on their side of the front that outnumbered the Allies by at least four to one in total strength of the forces, and that was including even those forces that the French kept in the Maginot Line and further to the South, to guard France against the Italians that were acting oddly aggressive. Still the British, and now also the Belgians were determined to fight it out, and fight it out to the finish.

The French however, there things were different. The Republic was plagued with Communist disturbances behind the line, and despite Government assurances to the contrary, the Army, was not so determined to fight as their allies from the Island to the north were. France had suffered three separate German Invasions throughout the last hundred years, and many within the higher ranks in the Army were doubtful about their ability, yes the whole sense behind the defence against the third one. There were many voices that were ready to make a deal with the Nazis, but what was to be done about the Communists, wouldn't France be forced to make a deal with them too? No, for now France would fight, and hopefully the alliance would break apart before the the English were dragging the nation to her doom, and then one would make a deal with Berlin. These talks were of course only held way back in the back rooms, and now that the BEF was deployed, and in a strength that was much larger than anyone in Paris, or Berlin and Moscow for that matter, had anticipated. They were going to go forward with their foolish war, a war into which they had dragged France by wooing the weak civilian Government in Parish with hight talk of the need to defend Poland that was in an indefensible position

On the Axis side of the Front, the Generals were confident. They had been more than surprised when the British had landed a Force that was in effect as strong as two German Armies and then some, not counting the incredible amount of Artillery the British had brought with them. Axis spies told that these guns were mostly of the QF 25 pounder type, which was considered as a small but lethal Field Artillery Piece. Combat evaluation of the reports about the encounters with their Crusader Mk.IIIc Tanks were not good, but against their four the Axis had sixteen Panzer Divisions, and they would be crushed along with their laughable two Motorized Infantry Divisions. The caution was more that the British would manage to disrupt the timetable, to cause another round of Trench Warfare that no one wanted, that everyone feared. Literally hundreds of thousands of men were in reserve with the two Armies and ready to spill over the line, ready to brush the Entente Powers aside with the sheer force of numbers. Occupation plans for France were already waiting in the drawers of the Headquarters, areas assigned, Divisions earmarked and military administrative bodies waiting in the rear areas. All that remained now was to attack, and the Armies were waiting patiently. There were Tanks to be repaired, replacements to be brought forward and these uppity Dutch that still dared to resist were to be crushed. There were some minor things however that were breaking the mood in the chalets and villas where the Generals were quartered. For one, the Royal Air Force in France, despite having numerical inferiority, was very adept, and the Axis Air Forces had yet to wrestle control of the Airspace over Belgium from them. Their Bombers, both the old Wellington's and the new type, were causing headaches for the logistical planners, as they were smashing communications all over the rear area. Luckily they were too small in numbers to be more than a minor headaches, and in a few weeks they would loose their airfields anyway.

[Notes: The stage is set. Does anyone mind jumping forward a certain amount of time?.]

If you don't jump from 1940 to 1999, I don't mind.:D

Also:

Type 42 Destroyer HMS Devonshire as per her decommissioning. Notable changes to OTL Type 42: hull is stretched to accomodate better crew quarters and additional equipment. Bigger Sea Dart launcher, second turret, turrets beefed up to 120mm, and the Sea Bolt SSM launcher. HMS Devonshire claimed notable fame when she played both herself and HMS Bedford in the Bond film: Tomorrow never dies, where she was supposedly sunk by a rouge American Officer, only to be relatively save and captured in the abandoned WW2 era base at Truk.