• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Come cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory we steer!

Brilliant, stirring stuff.

BritishImperial Thank you, thank you. In fact that is how I saw it when I encountered it the first time.

Le Jones Thank you.

If you want more naval action written like that, go here.

WOOOOOOOOOO! GO the RN! Also this line was excellent
"Admiralty, London, course: none, speed: continental drift"
Actualyl if there is continental drift, then we miust have a course, which happens to be eastwards. Yes I am that pedantic.

WOOOOOOOOOO! GO the RN! Also this line was excellent
"Admiralty, London, course: none, speed: continental drift"
Actualyl if there is continental drift, then we miust have a course, which happens to be eastwards. Yes I am that pedantic.

Glad you liked it. I will go back and edit the post of course.

You damn barbaric British! You just destroyed valuable museum peaces!!

Four modern ships against a WWI relic. I hope you are proud.

Firstly, at the beginning it was two vs four, and all of these ships on my side where built during or even before the Great War. :)

Iron Duke Class & Queen Elizabeth Class

It was two lvl1 BBs against two lvl1 and two lvl2.

i could swear we are drifting west, as i'm pretty sure i've made jokes about moving further away from the french... :D i'm probably wrong though. i could be very picky and say that technically the Admiralty was moving at 67000 mph. that would make me a bastard though, and i loved that particular line.

You mean like Surigao strait where Six US Battleships with heavy screening forces piled on against Fuso and Yamashiro? The winner can't be blamed when a fool throws a nice museum piece against real fighting ships.:eek:

That sir was quite an outstanding update. The format was excellent, the pace good and the result a triumph.

I also have to mention my appreciation of the line;

"Admiralty, London, course: due east, speed: continental drift" :D

On a vaguely plot like point it appears Backhouse is being a bit too much of a micromanager, is that perhaps foreshadowing the cause of his comeuppance?

You mean like Surigao strait where Six US Battleships with heavy screening forces piled on against Fuso and Yamashiro? The winner can't be blamed when a fool throws a nice museum piece against real fighting ships.:eek:
Indeed, as a famous midget Corsican (that or John Milton I forget) put it;

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

If the enemy wants to make the mistake of getting their ships sunk in a turkey shoot then you'd be foolish not to take advantage. :)

BritishImperial :D

KiMaSa Indeed. My ships just happened to be in the area when they spotted the Soviet Fleet.

El Pip Thank you, thank you. I will use that format for all future Naval Battles.

I was grinning when I wrote that line. :)

This is indeed part of the problem that will lead to his eventual replacement, more on that later.

El Pip IIRC both the Midget and Lord Nelson said that.

Good.

I though that the Soviets would accidentally open fire on the Germans in fading light or vice versa, but it seems that I was wrong.

Excellent update! :D

humancalculator It was a possibility I considered, but it would have taken roleplaying too far, as I couldn't have possibly known it happened without cheating.

all

Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two has won an AARland Choice Award as Overall favourite Narrative ( HOI2 ). I am flattered and enjoy this very much. Thank you all for voting for this humble little AAR and an author who started this because he was bored out of his mind as a small diversion. Again, thank you.

*opens imaginary bottle of champagne*

yey! the best man won :)

Congrats, trek, you deserve it. :D

I was actually hoping for a few U-Boats to pop up and cause unexpected damage on your fleet. Well, it did not happen. :p

Congratulations! For this AAR is worthy and deserveing of much praise. May the Virtual SUn never set upon it.

Yes, but not quite. "More like China" applies more to the later years, as they are still in the experimental phase of Orthodox communism. There are differences. They aren't putting everything on heavy industry for example, there is still a big 'market' for consumer goods that needs to be supplied.

Hrm. I just wonder how collectivization would work in America.

Hrm. I just wonder how collectivization would work in America.

So do I, that's why I am not going into too much detail on it. I could however think that all land above a certain size is collectivized, the rest left for private farmers.