• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ColossusCrusher said:
It doesn't matter how clean/safe hydrogen cars are: the masses think they can go BOOM! ala Hindenburg, so the politicians use them as a debate topic, which is stupid, since only by magically replacing all cars with hydrogen models right now can global warming be slowed enough to stop...and that won't happen. :(
And presumably inventing some magic form of electricity to make all the hydrogen? And don't say renewables because they're really not reliable and so need 100% backup from proper power stations for when they can't be bothered to work.

Besides anyone who actually totally believes the climate change models has never done any computer modelling. Not denying the problem or that we should do something (saving money and resources is a good thing in any case), just that modelling a vast and complex system like planet wide climate is way beyond everyone else in every other field except climatology. Which you have to admit is slightly odd and somewhat suspicious.

Fall Barbarossa? I thought the Germans and Soviets are buddies in this AAR ;)

trekaddict said:
Re Hydrogen Cars: I don't know enough to say this for sure, but methinks the dangers of this technology are vastly overblown.
Vastly overblown... :rofl:

I desperately hope that was intentional.

El Pip Agrees. However in TTL they are slowly phasing them in, using Energy made avaiable by Dams in India, solar collectors in Africa and some good, old Powerplants (Nuclear and others) in the UK to produce the hydrogen.

And yes, it was intentional. :D

Winner I figured that even as 'friends' both the dictators would still plan to backstab the other at some point.

It would really be hilarious, if the French joined the Berlin-Moscow-Tokyo Axis. Better to stick with continentals than the imperialist Brits. Being demoted to a mere appendix of a resurent British Empire, that would weight too much on the French ego ;) French navy would join the Kriegsmarine and Regina Marina and the English could dream about another Trafalgar :D

Winner said:
It would really be hilarious, if the French joined the Berlin-Moscow-Tokyo Axis. Better to stick with continentals than the imperialist Brits. Being demoted to a mere appendix of a resurent British Empire, that would weight too much on the French ego ;) French navy would join the Kriegsmarine and Regina Marina and the English could dream about another Trafalgar :D

On that we will see something as soon as the war starts. They won't join the Axis though. :D

trekaddict said:
On that we will see something as soon as the war starts. They won't join the Axis though. :D

So what you've prepared for them - an armed neutrality? ;) A proxy war in Africa? :D

Last edited:
Winner said:
So what you've prepared for them - an armed neutrality? ;) A proxy war in in Africa? :D

How does "They are French" explain what they did to you. :mad: at the French AI.

At this pace I can see a German Oberst landing on Britain to kidnap the King, The Prime Minister and John Bull. :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
At this pace I can see a German Oberst landing on Britain to kidnap the King, The Prime Minister and John Bull. :D

He will most certainly make an appearance, but he won't kidnap the PM, that's for sure. He might meet up with his 'evil twin' though.

Wouldn't the alps have been more deeper south?` :p
Or just some alemännische dorf. :D

So they wait for a bigger navy. I hate hoi2 navies. You invest in them for years, one battle and there might be nothing left. :(

Enewald said:
Wouldn't the alps have been more deeper south?` :p
Or just some alemännische dorf. :D

So they wait for a bigger navy. I hate hoi2 navies. You invest in them for years, one battle and there might be nothing left. :(

I love HOI2 navy. If you conserve them smartly for the first few years you can rule the seas with two or three 30 ship stacks.

El Pip said:
And presumably inventing some magic form of electricity to make all the hydrogen? And don't say renewables because they're really not reliable and so need 100% backup from proper power stations for when they can't be bothered to work.

Besides anyone who actually totally believes the climate change models has never done any computer modelling. Not denying the problem or that we should do something (saving money and resources is a good thing in any case), just that modelling a vast and complex system like planet wide climate is way beyond everyone else in every other field except climatology. Which you have to admit is slightly odd and somewhat suspicious.

The only real way to preclude polution of any form is through conservation efforts. Either reduce consumption, or accept that whatever the means of creating the energy that you use, it has caused some form of polution somewhere. BTW, does anyone know where Ford is at with their promise of a hydrogen fuelled car in production by 2010? I presume it is not on track given the fall of Ballard stock. (Ballard is Ford's partner in the development.)

trekaddict, who did you have in mind as a tech team for inventing your hydrogen car? :D

Would to game go past 1964 it would be either Aston Martin or Mercedes Benz.

trekaddict said:
Prussians? No dear Sir, them ruddy prussians aren't welcomre around here. I.e. I live a bit west of Bavaria, if you know what I mean. You know.... the area where the Car was invented. In fact Benz and Maybach first met in a workshop around 2km from where I am sitting right now.

Ah then welcome fellow Southerner! Baden-Wurttemberger, Stuttgart right?
As you now I'm a little bit touchie about them (northern) jippies of Bavaria, there only jealous of us :mad: :p !

Edit: I'm half Northern btw! :p

Zauberfloete said:
Ah then welcome fellow Southerner! Baden-Wurttemberger, Stuttgart right?
As you now I'm a little bit touchie about them (northern) jippies of Bavaria, there only jealous of us :mad: :p !

Edit: I'm half Northern btw! :p

Actually 40 Kms south of Stuttgart.

Bump, and to say that the next update is about 60% done.

Finally got myself nice and caught up. The updates were very good and I enjoyed the whole Imperial Conference(taking a peek at Hitler's reaction to recent events was nice too).

One thing though: As I was reading, I kept thinking to myself, "Surely Pinie will be completely explained by the time I catch myself up. I am, after all, ten pages behind." When will we know the whole truth? WHEN? :D

60% complete, well I guess I'll have to wait patiently for the rest of the 40% to be completed then won't I?

So I'll be waiting to read the next update. And I'm now fully caught up with this AAR.
*Celebrates*

Hardraade said:
One thing though: As I was reading, I kept thinking to myself, "Surely Pinie will be completely explained by the time I catch myself up. I am, after all, ten pages behind." When will we know the whole truth? WHEN? :D
Some of us already know :p
And it's well worth waiting for!