• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In Jamacia it is obvious that the Canadian representative, St.Pierre, is a traitor who is using American supplied muscle to try and steal Imperial secrets.

Meanwhile excellent work in Italy, good work in consolidating the beach-head. Though I worry that capturing the isolated south may take too long and allow the Axis to recover, consolidate and hold the line to the north. Speed is off the essence, even if it means Alexander taking more risks.

Well, poor Rommel... Maybe we can get him to defect? Or at least lead a new germany, under the Brits watchful eye of course....

i feel bad for rommel..he has to face the full might of the brits. and i agree wit El Pip about jamaica. maybe america plans to invade canada when the the brits are occupied with the axis since japan has delayed pearl harbor

ColossusCrusher Hehe. I have this long-time dream of a pompous military parade with all three present being visited by some mossies...

El Pip That's an inspired idea, good Sir!

As for Italy, I am moving as fast as the game allows me. With luck we get to see the resolution of this before Thursday.

Lord Strange I have plans for him.... *evil grin*

Three more things just occured to me: a) Who would the community suggest as a replacement for Ironside? b) bear in mind Winston and the Admiralty are pressing Alexander to take Sicily. c) It will be far from a one-sided campaign. :eek:o

what's Monty doing at this point in time? Or is he completely off limits?

As for the action, I loved it dearly.. Especially since you've gone the way I usually prefer when playing Allied. the fun thing is really, that it's a gamble:
Go too fast and you get overstretched, too slow and it bogs down. and that is the true danger really. I once had more than a hundred divisions locked in Italy against an even greater number of Axis troops.. More or less my entire army at that time. European army that is.

Problem was that they defended every single (input several swearwords) beach with 6+ divisions, so I couldn't get around them.. In the end I had to construct a para-corps of 24 divs (same number of planes, Jeez it's expensive!!), to cut off the enemy and while blocking the harbors they controlled, I managed to annihalate them.. :) Great fun though.. ;)

I would suggest Monty, too, or general Wilson, as he might be quite experienced on such matters.

Well, Monty is commanding a Garrisson force in India. As for the paras, that is the very reason why I launched the attack where I did.

India?!? What on Earth is he doing in India??!! :eek:

Besides, Monty vs. Rommel.. It's a Classic.. :D

I'm not a big fan of Monty. His way of making war is always somewhat static in my opinion and don't forget that the whole "Bridge too far" thing was his fault. ;)

I'm not a big fan of Monty. His way of making war is always somewhat static in my opinion and don't forget that the whole "Bridge too far" thing was his fault. ;)

My Great Grandad didn't like him at all, apparently they were all made to cheer by the Officers when he pulled up in jeeps and the like..

Exactly. And for that reason I am pushing Officers like Alexander and Slim.

i prefer rommel vs. alexander. a new classic..

My Great Grandad didn't like him at all, apparently they were all made to cheer by the Officers when he pulled up in jeeps and the like..

Come to think of it, what unit was your Great Grandad in?

And that is why, when become I PM, I am turning the commonwealth into a full blown military alliance, a united system of countries with a common background laws and language, ready to take on the world..... *daydreams*

i don't want to get into an argument about monty, because i have before and it wasnt fun, but the way i understood it was that despite his faults, one of his greatest qualities lay in bolstering the morale of the men.

and i may have missed something, but why does ironside need to be replaced?

i don't want to get into an argument about monty, because i have before and it wasnt fun, but the way i understood it was that despite his faults, one of his greatest qualities lay in bolstering the morale of the men.

and i may have missed something, but why does ironside need to be replaced?

He is due to retire.