+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 329 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 86 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 136 161 186 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 6580

Thread: Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

A german bletchley park, of sorts. interesting. and scary
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

What Germans doing code-breaking? Where is Turing and why haven't we bombed this place yet?
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Kurt_Steiner He does come across as rather charismatic, besides, he is well-known enough.

El Pip Indeed. How competent he is in the end will be shown in due time. As for where this is going, I put in a few hints. As usual, guess please per PM.

BritishImperial That was the idea.

Lord Strange Who says they are code-breaking? This is merely an intercept station, one of many. Also, Bomber Command is quite busy at the moment with other things I am afraid. More on that in the next update.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Europa Universalis IV

Why. Why. I have little enough time already each day, and why am I making this instead of say, playing HOI2?
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    Why. Why. I have little enough time already each day, and why am I making this instead of say, playing HOI2?
    Why not?

As Bertrand Russell once said; The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Ahhhh A saturn 5 painted in Royal Air Force Colours. Excuse me while I die of pleasure.
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

I see we've both used the same photo of Canaris . Good to see that he is maintaining effort on the Englandspiel. I wonder how the Reich's technological progress may aid him in the near future.

P.S. Sorry to break the chain of every avatar on this page being a Union Jack .
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War
    Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Haha , oh my dear anglophilic trekaddict , you never cease to amaze us XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

i cant see it...

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BritishImperial View Post
    i cant see it...
    Strange....

El Pip True.

Lord Strange

TheHyphenated1 That remains to be seen. The mole/source sends in code, and while I know that historically many allied codes were broken it remains to be seen if that happens here.

And never mind about the avatars.

canonized

Europa Universalis IV

BritishImperial, can you see this one?

As you can see the writing changed.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You've just made my morning
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

Europa Universalis IV

Le Jones I am going through the page where I found the base picture, and I just found yet another few that I definitely HAVE to use at some point. Oh yes. I do indeed.

yep, i see that one crystal clear. and i'm loving it

Well, I hope your Daedalus Mk. VIII won't have some runtime errors pop up as in the Ariane 5.

Ariane 5 Flight 501

BTW, Canaris is sure popular among folks.
    When we created Artificial Intelligence, we also created Artificial Stupidity. - Gaia commenting on robots.
    Proud member of shipbucket, and my own gaiabucket

French Mod 1914 Alternate History AAR (1897- ?) Les Flammes des Ténèbres
    Les Flammes des Ténèbres: Saints et Démons - Part I completed

Character WritAAR of the Week: 26/10/08, 10/04/09
    WritAAR of the Week: 04/01/09

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Yes, Canaris is quite popular.

Like good gold Otto.

Skorzeny, of course.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (16) [Actualizado 20/12/2014]

Europa Universalis IV

BritishImperial

gaiasabre11 Well, the Computers are less complicated, and besides, if the Americans can do it, the British surely can do it too, if not even better

Kurt_Steiner I think that Canaris is popular because he can be a ver facetted Character, and Skorzeny because he is badass.

Europa Universalis IV

I've done it again. Note that the visible missile Launchers are not totally scale, and that this is mostly random collection of bits, but I think this is what Lion could look like today. I did use British parts wherever possible though.

Now off to some more relaxing stuff. As of now I will write now and then, whenever I have time around studying and doing stuff like this. I hope I get the new update up on sunday at the very latest.

Yes you have done it again.
    Makes me want to post my Alsace Class BB in my AAR thread.
    When we created Artificial Intelligence, we also created Artificial Stupidity. - Gaia commenting on robots.
    Proud member of shipbucket, and my own gaiabucket

French Mod 1914 Alternate History AAR (1897- ?) Les Flammes des Ténèbres
    Les Flammes des Ténèbres: Saints et Démons - Part I completed

Character WritAAR of the Week: 26/10/08, 10/04/09
    WritAAR of the Week: 04/01/09

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    I've done it again. Note that the visible missile Launchers are not totally scale, and that this is mostly random collection of bits, but I think this is what Lion could look like today. I did use British parts wherever possible though.

Now off to some more relaxing stuff. As of now I will write now and then, whenever I have time around studying and doing stuff like this. I hope I get the new update up on sunday at the very latest.

I suggest that two of these be named HMS Beatty and HMS Jellicoe
    "Politics is warfare conducted by other means." Prince Yukihito.

My aars to date:

Stormy Seas With Only the Devil for Company....An AH US aar Abandoned Technical

Forging Destiny: Sunrise of a new world. On going...

+ Reply to Thread