• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feedback time

Enewald Aliens are someone else's problem until I develop Warp Drive and technological progress appears to have stopped. Don't worry I have an idea that might keep you happy - after the AAR reachs 1792 ;)

robou That's a very good question and one that is answered at the end of the next update.

comagoosie Don't worry should becomes is.

I don't think i've ever maxed out techs before either. One thing I've noticed about playing a game for an AAR is I play slower and with a lot more thought about what I'm doing. I suspect that my play is significantly more efficient because it's 'on show'. I'd be very interested to hear from any other writAARs if that makes sense to them.

Update 82

Update 82

I’d just like to point out that when I build 700 Custom Houses on the same day my computer has a heart attack 365 days later :eek: The damn thing is a small business server box! It was a good job I'd bought a video card (Nvidia 8800 since you ask) because it didn't have anything to attach a monitor to when it turned up. I'm not sure how you network a machine when you can't see the screen. Just because I work for an IT multinational doesn't mean I know much about computers, OK! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

29/07/1750 Mexico’s Quest for Independence – let me think about this, how about no. Unfortunately the event only gives one option and creates a whole new set of possible revolter cores. In any other game I’d be finishing very soon but this is going to last until 1792 to see how far I can develop the colonies. Downer.

08/02/1751 Conversion of Heilongjiang fails

07/08/1752 Juana III dies, her reign to echo through the annals of History.

Fernando VIII - A/D/M 6/5/5

EU3_410.jpg

The outliner shows current colonial developments – I’m busy colouring the Pacific islands while building up full cities across Java. Notice also the local difficulties around Paris; to maintain reasonable prestige I generally let revolt events in Europe happen then kill the rebs. This outbreak was Orleans and Ile de France within 6 weeks of each other – there were about 70000 rebels wandering around Northern France. Fortunately they’re dying in large numbers outside the Level 4 walls of Paris. Fact, attrition is your friend.

08/04/1753 American Quest for Independence – No, if that’s how you think you make a cup of tea you’re not ready to look after your own destiny are you?

13/04/1753 Heilongjiang converts

The world is Catholic

EU3_411.jpg

The green provinces in the background are the five Sunni provinces north of Mongolia – they are last minute candidates for colonisation as the travel time is very low (# 40 – 60) days. Travel times have generally been weird in this game – 600 days to the East Coast of North America, 130 days to the Philippines etc.

10/10/1753 La Plata’s Quest for Independence…

01/01/1760 Province count 1180

07/06/1766 Colombian Quest for Independence, D'oh

Very little is happening, I’m spamming tropical provinces across Africa and the Pacific with Level 1 colonies while building province improvements across the stream of provinces that are hitting city status.

01/01/1770 Province count 1224 – this now includes a lot of level 1 colonies which have no chance of being further developed before game end. There are five more unsettled provinces with colonists on the way. Unless I’ve missed something there are 23 more empty provinces to colourise – all in Siberia.

“Every province should have as standard a Workshop, Temple, Marketplace, Courthouse and Customs House.” – Remember this from last time; it’s now true unless a province has just hit city status in the last few years. I have huge amounts of money – the treasury is now well over 100,000 ducats.

The objective is to spread the Catholic faith. I doubt I will manage to make half the world Catholic but that might just be achievable…

Seems that your doubts in post #1 was wrong. ;) Very nice finish to the WC. It must have been a bit repetive at the end?

By the way, do you still play EU2? I think a new SG will start sooner or later. :)

Feedback time

Throne Precisely!

Enewald Those last provinces are unsettled so I just need to send colonists - with my Production Efficiency the success chances are very high.

comagoosie Overall the player should be able to make attrition work for them - unless the AI is smarter than the person :rolleyes:

Throne In 1792 Monthly income was 6162.4 and census tax 8062.2. I have a treasury of just over 250,000 ducats.

Olav I really doubted that I could spread Catholicism anything like as far as I did. The big Diploannexations were the key - once the main colonisiers were safely under my control I didn't have the problem of converting Protestant and Reformed provinces across the world. The failure of the Reformed faith to spread helped massively as well.

I haven't played EU2 in a couple of years now and I'm pretty sure I'm rusty. I actually read your Livonian AAR yesterday morning while I was waiting for an electrician and I realised I couldn't remember how the game works :eek:o

Please PM me the details when you're getting ready to go I should have the time now and it looks interesting - I enjoyed reading the Qara K one you did last winter. You play AGCEEP don't you - I've never played that mod so I'd need to have a couple of run throughs first.

Last edited:
Update 83

Update 83

03/05/1774 Barguzinsky is settled, the world is now colourised.

World Colourisation

EU3_412.jpg

The screenshot is actually from a little later, the ledger didn’t reflect 1252 provinces for a while.

25/08/1775 A new Queen

Catalina I – A/D/M 7/4/8

EU3_413.jpg

At any time between 1550 and 1750 I would have absolutely loved to have had this monarch, just look at the stats. Now, of course, it’s utterly immaterial.

01/05/1777 Uruguay achieves city status – that’s the final province in the Americas (including the Caribbean and the other offshore islands) to reach that level.

10/02/1779 A new King

Juan VIII – A/D/M 3/8/3

EU3_414.jpg

He’s not the sharpest tool in the box is he? Still, he’s obviously good at talking the talk so he could sell second hand cars in another life.

17/09/1779 Peruvian Quest for Independence, it’s still no.

13/12/1786 Quebec’s Quest for Independence

13/12/1786 Another new monarch, the current crop are a bit on the sickly side.

Felipe III - A/D/M 4/4/8

EU3_415.jpg

05/07/1789 I finally get a ‘Great Man’ event– if only my King was Louis XVI :rofl:

01/01/1792 Bored, so I stop.

There are 78 provinces that are still colonies, 77 of them still level one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Objectives

Convert all non Catholic occupied provinces to Catholicism

Colonise all of the Americas and the Caribbean to full city status

Colonise all non Pagan unoccupied provinces to full city status

Colonise all other unsettled provinces

Max out all techs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game objectives have been met; along the way World Conquest was necessary. Maps to follow.

Apparently Castile fought 73 Wars of Aggression - which seems vaguely disappointing ;)

Last edited:
These maps are all in Religion Mode, they’re a nice soothing shade of Yellow. Split over two posts as there are twenty.

Western Europe

EU3_416.jpg

Eastern Europe

EU3_417.jpg

The Urals

EU3_418.jpg

Siberia

EU3_419.jpg

The Siberian Coast

EU3_420.jpg

The Middle East

EU3_421.jpg

India

EU3_422.jpg

South East Asia

EU3_423.jpg

China

EU3_424.jpg

Japan

EU3_425.jpg

Last edited:
North Africa

EU3_426.jpg

West Africa

EU3_427.jpg

East Africa

EU3_428.jpg

Southern Africa

EU3_429.jpg

Canada

EU3_430.jpg

East Coast

EU3_431.jpg

West Coast

EU3_432.jpg

The Caribbean

EU3_433.jpg

Northern Andes

EU3_434.jpg

Brazil and the Southern Andes

EU3_435.jpg

Last edited:
Any questions feel free to ask.

There will be one more update – a bit of alternative alternative history.

I would also like suggestions as to which country I should play next and with what goals.

Congratulations on your full global conversion, yellow is definitely the new black :)

PrawnStar said:
I would also like suggestions as to which country I should play next and with what goals.

For an even more challenging religious crusade you could try bringing the protestant faith to the world as a German/Dutch/Scandinavian nation. Converting all Asia to Hinduism with an Indian kingdom would also be interesting...

Oh NOES its a wierd flagged SCOTLAND they have taken the world NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

JK great aar just read last post and never read it b4 it was good

Incredible WC and Worlld Conversion. Spectacular *applauds*