• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
W00T! ;).

Was very suprised when i saw this thread, I had to check the date and thought i might have gone insane.

So, old advisors gone?

And ABSLOLUTLY stunning pictures fo the advisors. I want one as my avatar ;)

Gigalocus said:
So, old advisors gone?

And ABSLOLUTLY stunning pictures fo the advisors. I want one as my avatar ;)
No, the old advisors are still in (read Johan's reply on the first page).

I agree, the pictures are very nice. I hope they have updated the pictures for the old advisors as well so they don't 'stick out'.

LuckyDane said:
No, the old advisors are still in (read Johan's reply on the first page).

I agree, the pictures are very nice. I hope they have updated the pictures for the old advisors as well so they don't 'stick out'.

Ooooops. :( Still, Im happy a HYW screen has been shown! Great, can't wait to play next week. :)!

I saw all previous you shows johan....

What glory for PI!!!! n' what an happy for me and , i m sure for many other people!!!

I can't wait anymore!!!!
I want to play it !!!
That's great!!!

I must say I am quite drooling over all these features, and I havent even got EUIII. :(

Does this mean the old advisors are going to be a lot less frequent, or just that there's going to be such a massive glut of advisors that it's easy to get a good one? How does the AI handle this? (One of my concerns right now is how well the AI will handle all these changes)

arstal said:
Does this mean the old advisors are going to be a lot less frequent, or just that there's going to be such a massive glut of advisors that it's easy to get a good one? How does the AI handle this? (One of my concerns right now is how well the AI will handle all these changes)

the same amount of advisors will be around.

Is there someone still hesitating to buy IN ? :D
Forget about previous french versions it was like cheap virtual translator versions anyways, BUT I hope IN will work fine with Vista though.I've seen no info about that.

Advisors sound magnificent now :)

Simply amazing.

It's a shame that the laptop I'll be buying at the end of the month will leave me penniless to buy In Nomine straight away.

Anyway, I guess that I'll have to assume that Isle of Man isn't in, as there doesn't seem to be any indications of it yet and it stands contrary to early screenshots of the Isles... still, with the avalanche of other new material coming with In Nomine, I suppose I shouldn't really be complaining.

Xesttub said:
So when you've conquered all of europe you will have the same pool of 3 advisors, except now it will be dilluted with even more advisor types?

Not sure what you're getting at here, advisors spawn in provinces, not nations. It shouldn't matter if one nation owns all of europe, the same number of advisors would still appear.

Last edited:
Darkrenown said:
Not sure what you're getting at here, advisors spawn in provinces, not nations. It should matter if one nation owns all of europe, the same number of advisors would still appear.

This is just not true, it depends completely on the number of nations. The only way to spawn more is creating vassals.

And even when the pool is big and there are a lot of nations, the mechanism to recruit them is poorly designed. You should be able to pause it anytime an advisor is added to the pool, at the very least.

Johan said:
the same amount of advisors will be around.
So does that mean that even though there are many, many more types of advisors, when you go to select one in the middle of the game all you'll find waiting for you in the pool is half a dozen 1-star Reputation advisors? :(

Xesttub said:
This is just not true, it depends completely on the number of nations. The only way to spawn more is creating vassals.

No. It's true some free advisors are spawned when a new nation is created, but advisors are constantly appearing. Have you never seen the "Advisor X has appeared in our province of Y, we have the exclusive right to hire them for 1 year" message?

Darkrenown said:
No. It's true some free advisors are spawned when a new nation is created, but advisors are constantly appearing. Have you never seen the "Advisor X has appeared in our province of Y, we have the exclusive right to hire them for 1 year" message?

Yes I've seen that message, but they spawn when you're below the equilibrium point. The equilibrium point is based on the number of nations. So if you are the only nation remaining there will be 6 total advisors? and none will ever spawn until those die. And now that we have like 20 new advisor types, the chances of having an advisor type you want and quality that is good, is near zero.

Xesttub said:
Yes I've seen that message, but they spawn when you're below the equilibrium point. The equilibrium point is based on the number of nations. So if you are the only nation remaining there will be 6 total advisors? and none will ever spawn until those die. And now that we have like 20 new advisor types, the chances of having an advisor type you want and quality that is good, is near zero.

Hopefully something is done with this...

Xesttub said:

Thats the design.

As you get more and more monolithic and a bigger empire, there is supposed to be far less advisors available.