+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Civilization Universalis — Histories

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

You shouldn't end it. It's kinda good, for being danish( Damn, that stings to say)
    Enrico Lucio Leone, Proud Industrialist and general moneygrubber in ThunderHawk3's Power to the People

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

a hill in the capital, but not Capitol Hill.
    I've got a game going now as Taino. Haven't gotten very far, but I've conquered/colonized much of the Caribbean. And Maya founded Judaism, but I've only recently become Jewish because of islands.

Played as the Loanshark of Europe, the Duchy of Flanders and then the King of France in Ultima Ratio Regnum/AAR Thread (Abandoned)
    Solo AARs:
    To Granada and Beyond: A Comprehensive History of Spain EU3, Castile, (Abandoned due to patches)
    What Nerds do with a Day Off: A 7-Player Diplomacy AAR (Abandoned)

P'dox Forum Pet Peeves: When people refer to countries as 'factions'.
    Complaints about newer games that fall entirely under the They Changed It Now It Sucks trope.

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Looks like there aren't any superpowers yet.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

a hill in the capital, but not Capitol Hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Looks like there aren't any superpowers yet.
    Not yet, although it is only 40 years in.
    Played as the Loanshark of Europe, the Duchy of Flanders and then the King of France in Ultima Ratio Regnum/AAR Thread (Abandoned)
    Solo AARs:
    To Granada and Beyond: A Comprehensive History of Spain EU3, Castile, (Abandoned due to patches)
    What Nerds do with a Day Off: A 7-Player Diplomacy AAR (Abandoned)

P'dox Forum Pet Peeves: When people refer to countries as 'factions'.
    Complaints about newer games that fall entirely under the They Changed It Now It Sucks trope.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

My current England Game.

It's 1135, after my wars of unifying Britain, I turned my attention to France and started guaranteeing the minors there and RM'ing the Majors. After Getting a Coastal province in Aquitaine, I got into two succession wars over the thrones of two French Majors, and won both of them. Then I inherited Bourbonais and began attacking France. From there, I was able to conquer most of everything. My attention is now focused on the Low Countries, where The Netherlands has formed.

Ironically the year I first landed in France was 1066.
    پادشاه عالم پناه

Victoria best game ever btw. - Enewald, plus everyone else.

Galicia in the New world????
    Enrico Lucio Leone, Proud Industrialist and general moneygrubber in ThunderHawk3's Power to the People

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Allright, Ill try to continue it. It just dawns me that i shouldnt have selected Empty New world, so, maybe I should restart as another country, in a new thread. Post your views on that here
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

But... in the empty new world scenario you don't have the ability to play as Papua! Do you mean empty OLD world?

Yeah, right, minor positioning mistake..

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k club

My Thrace->Greece->Byzantine Empire game
    The year is 1120.
    I have the biggest navy of all and the biggest army in Europe. My religion is Orthodox, the same as the western Europe and Africa and my income is 750 ducats per year therefore I have shitload of money.

The mayors are:
    Europe: Byzantine Emire(me), Galicia, Switzerland(my unthrustworthy ally), Scotland, Yaroslav, what if left of Roman Empire(gangbanged by me and the Swiss) and sick looking TO.
    Asia: That gayish pink monster, Hedjaz, Persia
    (Queensland is the light blue in Australia and is currently colonizing the islands around)
    Africa: The superpower Mutapa and Egipt
    And the americas are unusually fregmented.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game as Mallaca with Empty new world. Year 1124
    In the start I pissed blood becouse all the indonesian nations grouped against me. The last who fell was Brunei and with that the golden age of colonizing began.
    Majors:
    Prussia is the one who Europeans call daddy, Spain is its usual colonizing self and Russia formed + The Roman Empire is somewhat trying to be powerful.
    Babylon(if I'm not mistaken) is kicking butt in the middle east and Rajputana is the master of India.
    Africa is full of blobs becouse nothing is stopping them from colonizng the south but in return there is always war between them.

There is a problem with colonizing that I noticed. Some of the provinces already have level 3 fort and the culture of the country that is situated there in the normal scenario(withouth emprty new world), for example New Zealand. And after the colonizer comes there, the colony automaticaly becomes self-sustainable with level 3 fort and f.e. english culture. USA for the same reason emerged by revolting from the Spanish with keeping their american culture.

My current occupation is Brittany with the goal to form Celtica and France(if possible).
    All hail Janez Janša, the king of Slovenian absolute monarchy !

East India CompanyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

Nice Byzantine Empire ^^

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slovenc View Post
    There is a problem with colonizing that I noticed. Some of the provinces already have level 3 fort and the culture of the country that is situated there in the normal scenario(withouth emprty new world), for example New Zealand. And after the colonizer comes there, the colony automaticaly becomes self-sustainable with level 3 fort and f.e. english culture. USA for the same reason emerged by revolting from the Spanish with keeping their american culture.
    It's a known bug when you colonize a province that would have been someone's capital in normal mode.

Get it HERE!

This is sort of weird.. hehe.. I don't enjoy challenges so I play on Very Easy, I don't know if that would have any effect on AI though.

I picked USA and for the first time in several games of EU I didn't use cheats
    I accumulated lots of money by conquering land with factories already built.

The weirdest thing about this mod is that the provinces get Forts level 24 !
    Maybe I missed something but they seem to randomly pop up in provinces.
    It also happens with the AI's provinces but so far I've seen it go up to 10.

Since I've picked USA I didn't get to see the developments in Europe at all, but every time I loaded the game I saw that Italy taking huge chunks of Europe..

I've this "Expansive Vision" or something in the log, happening almost every day to other countries.

Almost the entire North America is following Confucianism, some had different religions from the start when they randomly pop up.
    Same about South America and Judaism.

Italy are Buddhist !

Blog Entries
    That's an interesting outcome!

About the things you mentioned:
    • The large forts are a bug
    • The expansive vision thing is the side effect of a bug in 3.1, which I'll be able to fix when 3.2 comes out
    • Italy is also technically a bug. It should be the Roman Empire

Get it HERE!

East India CompanyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

Don't end it. I am enjoying it and I think it will help give exposure to CU.

Maybe when I get the time, I will start one as Majapahit or something.
    OPM Addict

That is how my game with Empty New World start looks in September 1021.

Switzerland is quite big, thanks to the CoT they get from the begining. Then there is the Roman Empire, and France is starting to form!
    Attached Images

Sunni Navarre. Yup, I painted the whole Nuevo Mundo with my flag, culture and religion. Now I'm going to have a little chat with the rest of the world.

Belgium, 22/05/1095.

Very easy difficulty, and my badboy is more then 100 % larger than my limit, partly due to me getting 3 DIP Princes all the time. My current is 3 DIP/ 9 MIL/ 3 ADM.

Oh well. Im defender of the faith, so I can get free Casus Bellies. And Im facing the first real threat. The Italian Peninsula. The two opms Milan and Genoa are garanteed by Venice and Italy(Roman Empire), which has some of the best generals in the world. Fortunately, my army is the largest of Europe even if i lost 2 20 regiment armies in my last war against them. The only one with an army that could threaten me is currently Japan.

Oh, and on top of what I have on the picture, I also hold Bermuda and All of Cuba. Annexed Taino.

Apropos Taino. When I reached them, they (and Haiti) were still atheists, due to not getting any land borders with other countries, so when i took the first two of their provinces, I suddenly got the message, that Taino adopted Hellenism (they were overrun by 60 regiments of Hellenist zealots.)

Behold:

A busy 95 years.
    This is the point no nation can resist you.

Yes, and the BB wars hasn't even started. I've only received one warning, even though I'm playing on high aggresiveness. The OPM who warned lasted for three months, only because I only keep one siege regiment.

It's complete opposite of my WWM 3.3 game with France. I was .25 over the BB limit, and OPM Liege DoWs me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast