+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Civilization Universalis — Histories

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Good show! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamarial
    How did you get your Scenario Editor to work for colonized provinces? Mine doesn't work unfortunately, and all I see are the provinces that we start out with.
    Can you show me what it looks like? It's normal for most colonized provinces to show up as stripy.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    Good show! Thank you!

Can you show me what it looks like? It's normal for most colonized provinces to show up as stripy.
    I found the problem and I fixed it. Here's my world on September 29, 1665.

The major powers are:
    North America: Canada (green) and the USA (light blue)
    Central America: Teotihuacan (dark blue)
    South America: Columbia (blue-gray) and La Plata (light purple)
    Europe: Great Britain (dark red), France (light blue, used to be some other country), Sweden (dark blue-gray), the Roman Empire (dark red), and Russia (green)
    Africa: Nok (purple) and Transvaal (brown)
    Australia: Warrung (dark green)
    North Asia: Sibir (gray)
    West Asia: Medes (dark brown) and Yemen (light orange)
    South Asia: Mysore (tan) and Bhutan (green) (both are my allies )
    Southeast Asia: Korea (blue), Malacca (light purple), and Papua (light blue)
    Oceania: New Zealand (red)

And last but not least...
    East Asia: Korea (blue)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Very interesting! This mod is turning out to be better balanced than I thought

I was beginning to worry that the Romans would never form an empire. It's also interesting that Great Britain and France were formed. I hope to add more country formation events as well as other events in general to make this mod less Euro-centric.

There are a few other major differences in your game from the others I've seen that re-assure me that certain nations may not be overpowered. Obviously Carthage needs help though...

Is that Novgorod in Eastern Europe?

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    Very interesting! This mod is turning out to be better balanced than I thought

I was beginning to worry that the Romans would never form an empire. It's also interesting that Great Britain and France were formed. I hope to add more country formation events as well as other events in general to make this mod less Euro-centric.

There are a few other major differences in your game from the others I've seen that re-assure me that certain nations may not be overpowered. Obviously Carthage needs help though...

Is that Novgorod in Eastern Europe?
    I tried to look through history in the Scenario Editor, and I found that France was there from the beginning, but I remember it being formed...

As for Russia (the green country in Eastern Europe), the Scenario Editor seems to have messed up as well. I believe it was Muscovy that formed Russia, although I'm not sure. Is Russia there from the beginning?

What's really cool is that most of the provinces I own are core, Confucian provinces. A lot of them are Korean culture as well.
    Last edited by Flamarial; 26-05-2008 at 02:19.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamarial
    I tried to look through history in the Scenario Editor, and I found that France was there from the beginning, but I remember it being formed...

As for Russia (the green country in Eastern Europe), the Scenario Editor seems to have messed up as well. I believe it was Muscovy that formed Russia, although I'm not sure. Is Russia there from the beginning?

What's really cool is that most of the provinces I own are core, Confucian provinces. A lot of them are Korean culture as well.
    France could have been annexed and reformed by a French minor
    As for Russia, they are not available at the beginning, so someone must have formed them.

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ive been wondering, if I shouldn't start an CivUni AAR. That would be fun. If anyone likes that idea, I have a nation in my thoughts
    Last edited by Johan11; 23-08-2009 at 21:42.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

I'm playing a slightly modified Roman Empire game with the standard Civ scenario. All I did was change my starting religion from animism to hellenic (because I'm Roman duh) along with Sicily's and Sardinia's and changed some of the starting hellenic to animist to balance it out among some small things like lucky nations and where the religions started because it didn't make since that a hellenic Rome founded animism.

Overview of the world:

My empire:

Europe's religion:

Religion in the world is all of North and Central America Jewish along with the caribbean, South America atheist, Africa Catholic except Somalia and Adal, Middle East and some of Persia either Ba'alist or Atuist(sp?), Central Asia either Greek or Hellenic (some were changed by me to animist to balance my loss of animism), southern China Sunni, northern and central China Shia (including Ming who is the most powerful), Southeast Asia is Hindu, Australia Orthodox along with New Guinea I think, New Zealand Calvinist (New Guinea might also be Calvinist I don't remember), and India Zorastrian. Europe is a mix as you can see with Spain mostly Shamanist, Central Europe and Scandinavia mostly Intiist, Russia animist, and the rest a mix of animist and shamanist.

Major North American powers are Texas, Canada, and Alaska (weakened in a war with Alberta so I'm not sure now). Texas has the second largest army with 30000 soldiers and is steadily expanding. Canada's is around 50000. South America is mostly equal along with Africa though Taureg has the best stats and Kenya is a lucky nation and is steadily growing. Egypt is also a lucky nation and is clearly the dominant North African nation. However it shares a very similar color to Carthage which controls Tunisia and most of modern day Algeria so don't be confused

Ba'alist Israel is the best power in the Middle East and is steadily expanding into shamanist Anatolia. Persia and India are mostly balanced states while China is fought over by an alliance of southern Sunnia and northern Shia states led be Wu and Ming respectively.

The pink nation in Siberia who's name I can't remember is also very powerful and is expanding west. Australia is a constantly warring area with Western Australia being the most powerful at the moment.

Europe is dominated by myself, Friesland (who has an army of 70000, 3rd largest in the world ), and Galicia. England is in a civil war between Cornwall and England. Cornwall is larger but England is a lucky nation and currently has two of the provinces occupied so this may soon change. Sapmi is the most powerful Nordic nation and France has three provinces . Switzerland used to be the most powerful and controlled much of central Germany with an army of around 150,000 (so large because I was testing the whole fund pretender mission with cheats so I could see it get a friendly monarch just for fun but that backfired because I sent so many spies that by the time the pretender took over, there were 150,000 soldiers and the monarch still had a -200 relation with me), but with the help of Friesland and the French nations I managed to destroy them.

So that pretty much concludes my overview and by the way this mod is very fun

EDIT: Didn't realize Johan11 bumped this up so much
    Last edited by RBM11; 23-08-2009 at 23:43.

Blog Entries
    Looks like an interesting game! And thanks for posting in this thread. It has been silent too long.

Get it HERE!

Roman Empire game.

What's to say? In my religion group is Carthage which is junior in a personal union with me, Marooco, Hedjaz, the Vijies, lil Rashputies and the India which formed recently after I saved their previous incarnation from the might of Ming. All of Europe and Asia east of Ming used to be Muslim, but I've spread my Confucionism trough brute force of my legions.

Astrakhan was almost eaten by Ming but my intervention also saved them, I rather deal with them than with a fucking giant Ming horde. Astrakhan was also the birthplace of the first (succefull revolution). I'm still an Empire of corse. I intend to conquer Teutonic Order, Monghols, and northern China. Ashtrakhan can have the rest

Nok is rampaging, they have been or are at war with every african nation and won or are wining. They just keep getting bigger. I've had to make alliances and deploy legions in northern africa and Arabia to keep them in check!

Year is 1250.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

India and China look kinda like they belong in a normal EU3 game, minus the Roman Empire of course. And wow big floods in Indonesia . That colour really needs changing.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Blog Entries
    Everyone plays Roman

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Everyone plays Roman
    And everyone should, best nation in the history of time.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

I posted this one in the IN empire thread too:

I'm the Netherlands (orange). I seem to be the 2nd most powerful nation, the most powerful being Italy. The world has turned out pretty strange. Italy thought it would be funny to conquer all of the Northern Mediterranean. Australia conquered all of Australia and New Zealand. The United States established a fair bit of its current borders plus some Canadian land.

The year is only 1071. Sparse nations. Oh, and Italy was formerly Rome.

Does noone ever play as some native country??

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan11 View Post
    Does noone ever play as some native country??
    It might be interesting to play as some native nation on Old World Empty mode.

Get it HERE!

Thats the type of AAR im starting soon. Do check on it. If im lucky, i could have it started in this week!!

EDIT: Just started the AAR.

Major goal being promoting the CU mod
    Last edited by Johan11; 24-08-2009 at 19:59.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    It might be interesting to play as some native nation on Old World Empty mode.
    Started a game as Inuit and colonized europe!

As for native nations: I play a multiplayer game with a friend at the moment - he started as aztec and me as maya. We unfortunately choose to go with the "few nations" option, as the normal start included a bit too many nations - an inbetween would be nice. Nevertheless, after we figured out how to play the mod, my friend and I decide, that we put a peaceful border between us at Mixtec - Zapotec and let the "flow" be our guide, not attacking each other. He colonizing to the north and me to the south and onto the caribean islands. A few years later we met our first neighbours, which my friend decided to anihilate at his borders. I colonized further towards the caribean isles and trying to get a foot on south america, often clashing violantly with my dear neighbour Marajo. The game will go on, as our main goal will be to "colonize" the "old world" and get rid of these "natives" there .

btw. Nice mod so far - a few glitches, e.g. the mission scripting seems to be fubar and a cross between too many and too few nations would be nice.

I have a CU AAR going, been holding off on posting because I didn't know if I was ever going to get around to actually doing it. Long story short, I've finally started it, so please check it out!
    California Governor Leland Stanford in A Union Divided

Presidente Juan Bolivar of the New Mexican Republic in Fallout: War Never Changes

President Jomo Kibaki of the East African Federation in World Orders

Well, I'm soooo close to abandoning my CU AAR, because of no one ever saying anything. I only got comments when I couldnt figure out why the pictures werent showing.

Please tell me if you think i should end it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast