+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Editing Flags, Help please

Editing Flags, Help please

Hi folks, I am going to create a nation called "Holy Britannian Empire" but this is properly to long so I named it "Holy Britannia" I know what to do to create a country thanks to Strager in his guide http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-a-new-country. the only place I have a problem is when I pick a flag I want to represent my nation, I want it to look like this 830px-Britannian_flag.svg.png but how do I save it and put it in use? ( I dont know if you did understand my question though, I dont know how to explain it more accurate) also I would like to create my own culture and my own units and ships, but with this I have no clue what to do. I tried once before on creating my own units but it failed, So if anyone of you know how to help me even a little I would be very grateful.
    Thanks in advice

Edit: Oh also I forgot to mention: how do I create my own rebels type?

Second Lieutenant gunfirinmaniac's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

You have to save the flag as a .tga , dont know about the rest srry but messing with game files will corrupt saves and checksum.

Yea I know, but the problem is, there is not an save buttom, so its imposible the way I know, I were hoping someone knew another way though

Quote Originally Posted by glennandre22 View Post
    Yea I know, but the problem is, there is not an save buttom, so its imposible the way I know, I were hoping someone knew another way though
    You have problems with saving as a .tga? If so, try to rename the file extension from .JPEG (or whatever) to a .TGA
    But, I think you need to have a certain width x height. Maybe look at other images for the correct width x height.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

The file has to be a 64x64 TGA.

I am trying to do what you say, but how can I change the save file when I cant even have it saved? I just thinking maybe the pictureviewer had somethig to do with it (this is the program the file come up to when I open it)

I am trying to do what you say, but how can I change the save file when I cant even have it saved? I just thinking maybe the pictureviewer had somethig to do with it (this is the program the file come up to when I open it)
    Right mouse click -> Save as?? Don't you have paint on your computer or something?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

I cant right click and save as on pictureviewer, apparantly the program wont allow me to. and for paint... I tried but I never use paint in my normal daylife, actually I never use it so I have no experience with it, in other words, I dont know how to use it to make in my case flags... and yes I know paint is a very easy program but I cant help it

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I you want to create and modify flags, you can't avoid having to learn the appropriate program, e.g., Paint, but preferably GIMP. Because as mechaerik says above, it has to be saved as a .tga file in 64 x 64 pixel size.

Good luck! Once you're above the initial hurdle and the first flag, it is really really easy.
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Guess I just have to try and understand paint then, but is GIMP really the name of that other file? is it harder to understand?
    Thanks

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

glennandre22 you should probably learn how to make flags, but flag making isen't always eesy some people here thinks that flag making is just changin images size and form, but they are wrong.

When you edit flag you most also balance thinks and usually make little backround and stuff, but because you helped me and mod team I' hav done this for you.

dowload tga here http://www.mediafire.com/?au5t08f49k4dwcs

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodio View Post
    glennandre22 you should probably learn how to make flags, but flag making isen't always eesy some people here thinks that flag making is just changin images size and form, but they are wrong.

When you edit flag you most also balance thinks and usually make little backround and stuff, but because you helped me and mod team I' hav done this for you.

dowload tga here http://www.mediafire.com/?au5t08f49k4dwcs
    Thank you yea I am really going for to learn how to make flags better(or make them at all) and thanks again also if you need more help its just to ask

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Don't be scared, GlennAndre, because I disagree with Chlodio.

In my view it is really really easy to create and modify flags, if you just have a good picture as a starting point. Then basically all you need to know is how to resize and save correctly. Suggest GIMP, free program.

Then it is basically up to your ambition how good you want the flag to look cosmetically but that is for everyone to set their own level.

so good luck with the flag factory!
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    Don't be scared, GlennAndre, because I disagree with Chlodio.

In my view it is really really easy to create and modify flags, if you just have a good picture as a starting point. Then basically all you need to know is how to resize and save correctly. Suggest GIMP, free program.

Then it is basically up to your ambition how good you want the flag to look cosmetically but that is for everyone to set their own level.

so good luck with the flag factory!
    That explains why your mod's flags are so tasteless

, but seriously I could help you make 399AD mod's flag more more enjoyable if my help pass.

Well now I have tried a little with paint... I now have a basic Idea how to do things (almost nothing though) but what I dont understand is how to find the right size. is GIMP something I need to buy? and is it even harder to understand than paint? (I would guess) I agree with both of you I like flags with good tastes but its not so easy... (for an flag modder noob like me)

Well now I have tried a little with paint... I now have a basic Idea how to do things (almost nothing though) but what I dont understand is how to find the right size. is GIMP something I need to buy? and is it even harder to understand than paint? (I would guess) I agree with both of you I like flags with good tastes but its not so easy... (for an flag modder noob like me)
    Gimp is free, you can dowload it here it will take time learn basics,

I remember when I started with Gimp and then I moved to Photoshop it is about three years ago and I'm not still "Minefield level" perhaps image manipulation takes much time before it can be controlled fully or perhaps I just suck.

Then its gonna take me a long time to to bad, but I wont give in without a fight! isn`t that they call it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodio View Post
    That explains why your mod's flags are so tasteless

, but seriously I could help you make 399AD mod's flag more more enjoyable if my help pass.
    Sure, give it a go for a few of the flags that you believe are the worst, and I can have a look at your suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread