+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empty world mod?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Empty world mod?

I was recently playing a game as the Inca, starting in 1399. After grabbing that other nation next door there was just empty space left! It was as if I was alone in the world. That got me thinking...

Is there a mod out there where you start as say, a OPM, and all other provinces in the game are empty (i.e. you need to colonize)? And if not, is it hard to make one, speaking as a person who has never made a mod for EUIII before? Could this be attempted in some way via cheat commands, or editing a save game?

Now I'm not sure this would make for a fun game, or an interesting one, seeing as how EUIII is all about diplomacy and war and such, but it might prove entertaining for one afternoon or such. Has anyone thought of this or tried it before?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Check out Miscmods, they have a "dark continent" scenario which may interest you.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

TY I'll check it out.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

A really lazy way of doing this is just putting a hash symbol next to each of the countries in the data/common/countries.txt file.

Hmmm I tried putting a hash # symbol in front of them as you said, but it crashed on startup. Didn't matter how few/many I had marked. I take it there is more to this?

Yep, you can't simply comment them all out. You can comment most of them out though. The problem is that anything that refers to a country that you eliminate will crash the game. I found that by deleting all of the events and missions I could get rid of all but three tags.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloGoodSir View Post
    Yep, you can't simply comment them all out. You can comment most of them out though. The problem is that anything that refers to a country that you eliminate will crash the game. I found that by deleting all of the events and missions I could get rid of all but three tags.
    Rebels, Pirates and Natives, I assume?

well those three plus three more:

LIT = "countries/Lithuania.txt"
    KBO = "countries/KanemBornu.txt"
    TIB = "countries/Tibet.txt"

I lost interest in this for now, but I think that LIT and KBO are on the list because they start with rebels. Not sure why TIB is on there.

Here is the thread about it: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ons&highlight=

+ Reply to Thread