+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Civilization Universalis — Histories

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Civilization Universalis — Histories

Considering the unique nature of the Civilization Universalis mod, I think It would be interesting to see what different outcomes people get in their games. What countries are becoming world powers? What countries have collapsed unexpectedly?
    This will also help me balance this mod in future versions.
    Please post interesting screenshots of your Civilization Universalis games here.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

In places like Europe its usually one of the minor provinces that get t he real power and then in the middle east its usually one of the middle provs instead of oneo f hte sea starts. Ottomans sometimes get quite a few provs to start.

The path of war usually works the history.
    First ten years of the game are always the most important.
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

In places like Europe its usually one of the minor provinces that get t he real power and then in the middle east its usually one of the middle provs instead of oneo f hte sea starts. Ottomans sometimes get quite a few provs to start.

The path of war usually works the history.
    First ten years of the game are always the most important.
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Since no one else is being a sport, I'll post something here. I'd love to hear about other people's games, so please, take some screenies and post!

Here is the world in 1591:

Some of the major world powers include Canada (me), Wu, Sibir, Oriat Horde, Australia, Zulu, Hedjaz, Aztecs, and Tiahuanuco.
    The nations of Huron, Pawnee (reddish), Osage (purplish), and Arapaho (blue), are my allies and vassals. The Aztecs used to be stronger, but they've been shrinking after many wars with me. Pawnee used to be my arch-nemesis, until our relations turned around, we formed an alliance, and I vassalated them.

Enough about me, here's Europe:

Main European powers are probably Prussia, The Papal State, Novgorod, Navarra and Poland. There are many other strong nations that have formed formidable coalitions.

Here's the top military stats for fun:

Get it HERE!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I'm currently playing as Alaska, but haven't played that much, give more time and I'll post my screens
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capibara
    I'm currently playing as Alaska, but haven't played that much, give more time and I'll post my screens
    Thanks . May I ask what year you've reached?

Get it HERE!

Maharaja of Fenno-Scandia Ahura Mazda's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

I'm planning to around the year 1500, when all provinces are colonized, convert my game to MMG2!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
    I'm planning to around the year 1500, when all provinces are colonized, convert my game to MMG2!
    How's that going to work? The map is a lot different...

Get it HERE!

Maharaja of Fenno-Scandia Ahura Mazda's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

I'll have to let the provinces that's PTI in MMG2 become PTI, (I'll have to compensate some nations, probably by adding taxbase and manpower to the provinces they keep). Adding flags and stuff shouldn't be too though.

remember the new provinces in MMG2, which doesn't exist in CIV UNI!!

Corporal
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Woops.

So I just posted in the original mod's thread then found this one. As I said in the other post, I'm playing as Serbia. I don't know how to do the posting images thing, so unless someone can tell me how I can't post shots. There are some very interesting powers though including myself. The biggest seem to me Medes in the Middle East, Nok and Transvaal in Africa, Chagatai in Central Asia, Qin in the Far East, and Pawnee and Louisiana in the Americas (there are no major powers in South America, they all come together against whatever power begins the rise down there). I would be happy to post screens if there's a tutorial on how to do so.

Love the Mod though.

P.S.
    I'm now in the 1520's in my Serbia game.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You just need a picture hosting thingy, I use Photobucket and you then upload your pics onto the website and then you copy and paste the direct link (which is below your picture in your album) into the Insert Image thing (which looks like this ).
    And thats it, easy, although it took me ages to figure it out
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Corporal
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by t0m
    You just need a picture hosting thingy, I use Photobucket and you then upload your pics onto the website and then you copy and paste the direct link (which is below your picture in your album) into the Insert Image thing (which looks like this ).
    And thats it, easy, although it took me ages to figure it out

How do I take the pictures of the game?

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by griff09
    How do I take the pictures of the game?

Thanks for the help!
    Just press F11, and it will put the screenshots in a folder called 'Screenshots', in your EUIII folder

If you want a map of the whole world, Use the Scenario Editor, or wait for IN

Get it HERE!

Corporal

Trying the image thing.

So here goes:

I don't know if it worked, but if it did, we should see my nice little Serbian Empire (or the link to it I suppose). I didn't know the standard setting for difficulty was 'Very Easy' so that's what I played this on. I'm going to restart at normal difficulty as soon as I complete my pet project, forming a ring around the Black Sea. Wallachia and Ukraine are both my vassals, and I'm hoping I get lucky and Azow goes to me. Then I'll be in business. If this works I'll upload some more tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by griff09
    I don't know if it worked, but if it did, we should see my nice little Serbian Empire (or the link to it I suppose). I didn't know the standard setting for difficulty was 'Very Easy' so that's what I played this on. I'm going to restart at normal difficulty as soon as I complete my pet project, forming a ring around the Black Sea. Wallachia and Ukraine are both my vassals, and I'm hoping I get lucky and Azow goes to me. Then I'll be in business. If this works I'll upload some more tomorrow.
    Yes, it worked .
    Interesting game you have here. I'd also love to see more of the world if anything interesting is happening. (i.e. is Carthage still alive? What's happening on other continents? Have you interacted with other continents at all?)

Get it HERE!

Corporal

The Rest

Here's how much of the rest of the world looked in the early 1530's when I took these (I'm now in the mid-1530's):

First is Medes in the Middle East:

Then we have a photo of South East Asia, where Khemer is the regional power:

The third area I took was East Asia where no one power has established control, yet. Ming seems to be somewhat dominant in the region currently:

Next is a shot of Pawnee which is dominating the Western half of the United States:

Then Quebec which is the strongest power on the Eastern half of North America, but not completely dominant:

Last, I took two shots of the dominant powers in Africa, Nok and Transvaal:

(Nok)

(Transvaal)

As to your questions, Carthage specifically is not around anymore they were conquered by (I believe) the Moors. I personally have been playing a very Mediterranean-focused game up until now, so I have not contacted other continent extensively, however I did need to go down through Egypt to conquer Ethiopia after they formed a personal union with Byzantium (I needed those provinces lol).

P.S.
    I just started a normal difficulty game as Alaska and will update soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. This is not only interesting, but useful to me, as I can see which nations might be overpowered or too weak.

For example, in my game Quebec would have done well if I wasn't Canada , and Pawnee also did well. The rest of the world turned out differently though.

Carthage and Rome definitely need a boost because they're supposed to be powerful, but they always get crushed, probably because of their small religious groups.

One last question: Who's the power in South America? In my game, Tiahuanaco has dominated most of the continent. If they're doing that consistently, they might need to be nerfed.

Get it HERE!

How did you get your Scenario Editor to work for colonized provinces? Mine doesn't work unfortunately, and all I see are the provinces that we start out with.

Corporal

More Shots

Hey, So I didn't get a picture of it yet, but the Roman Empire is doing rather well as a Mediterranean Power. The other two Hellenistic countries, Sardinia and Sicily are still around too.

In South America, there is no one dominant power.

Muisca and Chimu are actually dominating the Northern half of South America, while Paraguay and Mapuche are dominant in the West and Souther Cone respectively. No one country is able to assert dominance it seems.

I also didn't get a picture of this, but Teotihuacan is dominant in Central America. I can't see that in my game (hasn't been discovered yet) but I saw in when I was reloading.

Also, I don't know if this is peculiar to my game, or something I may have done accidentally, but I have the most recent patch and the autosave makes me game crash, and the saves aren't what they're supposed to be. I can take a screenshot of that (I think) if it would help figure out if it's just me or not.

This is an awesome mod!
    Oh and my Alaska game is still in the colonization stage, but is already shaping up entirely different from the Serbia game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast