+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Civilization Universalis

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OpAphid View Post
    Thats too bad... Is a new one coming out?
    Eventually. I can also re-upload the old versions if I can find them.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    They're really old. File/Gamefront links seem to like dying after a while, and I'm not sure if I still have those files.
    Suggestion:

Consider using mediafire. Its free and as long a you log in every 30 days? or so they don't delete your stuff. Just set a reminder on your computer to log in once a month and your stuff should be ok. They also say they will send you an email before deleting anything.
    Last edited by 17blue17; 23-10-2011 at 02:16.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Eventually. I can also re-upload the old versions if I can find them.
    Alright, thanks a lot.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Suggestion:

Consider using mediafire. Its free and as long a you log in every 30 days? or so they don't delete your stuff. Just set a reminder on your computer to log in once a month and your stuff should be ok. They also say they will send you an email before deleting anything.
    I've already been moving in that direction with some stuff (I think the editor is on Mediafire)

Get it HERE!

Can you do a version to divine wind?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I think/hope one is in the works already.
    Cum Deo et victribus armis "Med Gud och segrande vapen" Gustav II Adolf 1594-1632
    Email: olchardwell@hotmail.com

"We're not going to become evil all suddenly!

it will be a slow transformation and you won't notice it at all." - Shams

I have been working on a mod similar to Civilization Universalis. The ai, despite having ample money, does not colonize. This mod has done a wonderful job of encouraging ai colonization right at the start. Can anyone tell me how this was accomplished?
    Thanks

I'm using HTTT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1776 View Post
    I have been working on a mod similar to Civilization Universalis. The ai, despite having ample money, does not colonize. This mod has done a wonderful job of encouraging ai colonization right at the start. Can anyone tell me how this was accomplished?
    Thanks

I'm using HTTT
    They are forced to colonize by event. After a while, events are unnecessary and they will colonize on their own, but they need to be beyond a certain size before this happens.

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindKing Arthur II

Is there still life left in this mod to upgrade it to DW?

I'm starting to help nom on his Random Maps Generator mod, and after it gets stable I was hoping to make something more like the Civ games. I don't know how many new elements your mod has, but I would think random maps and Civ-like changes would go hand in hand. I want to compile as many countries from other mods as possible, maybe even have a generator. I also want to take non-military units out of interfaces and onto the map. And maybe even change some religious mechanics. It's ambitious and I'm a rookie here but its an idea worth proposing... so who's got ideas and who's interested?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iontom View Post
    Is there still life left in this mod to upgrade it to DW?

I'm starting to help nom on his Random Maps Generator mod, and after it gets stable I was hoping to make something more like the Civ games. I don't know how many new elements your mod has, but I would think random maps and Civ-like changes would go hand in hand. I want to compile as many countries from other mods as possible, maybe even have a generator. I also want to take non-military units out of interfaces and onto the map. And maybe even change some religious mechanics. It's ambitious and I'm a rookie here but its an idea worth proposing... so who's got ideas and who's interested?
    I'm definately interested, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment. I have a list of ideas for this mod, as well as everything that was already in the previous version.

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindKing Arthur II

I'm definately interested, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment. I have a list of ideas for this mod, as well as everything that was already in the previous version.
    Cool, I'll keep following this mod thread then. Nom doesn't want to incorporate anything past vanilla DW, but I'd like to patch together a lot of cool features if I can figure it out. Would you mind if I eventually borrow your religion mechanics?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iontom View Post
    Cool, I'll keep following this mod thread then. Nom doesn't want to incorporate anything past vanilla DW, but I'd like to patch together a lot of cool features if I can figure it out. Would you mind if I eventually borrow your religion mechanics?
    Please do! It's one of my favourite features of this mod.

Get it HERE!

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

If we get tired of waiting (not that we would) are we allowed to make our own form of the mod?

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    If we get tired of waiting (not that we would) are we allowed to make our own form of the mod?
    It has been tried (and given up on) already by others

Get it HERE!

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It has been tried (and given up on) already by others
    I'll take that as a "no".

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    I'll take that as a "no".
    You can try if you want. I still want to work on this mod, but I no longer have time for one mod, let alone two.

Edit: 5000th Post!

Get it HERE!

Officially stating that I will be working on the mod again, however...

I am starting from scratch. I have plenty of early game ideas throwing around in my head and the best and really only way to do this is to ....throw out just about everything thats been done so far and only reintigrate it when it becomes time to intigrate that section.

Don't worry, the core idea of Civilization Universalis Should still stay intact.....

Just expect alot more randomness and what not.

Also note that I have family and friends that will be keeping me focused #1 and #2...this will be almost entirely event / balancing. I am NOT an artist, and will not be doing ANY graphics. This makes it impossible for me to do additional tradegoods/religions/etc.

Unless there is already a whole world map (thats not ugly as ****), it will be the vanilla map for now.

FYI: The problem with going with random maps at this time is that I have to somehow manage to edit the event tables to specifically allow certain sets of provinces / sea provinces to handle the new map system.

This is nigh impossible without having access to the random map generator.

PS: Until the mod is where I want it to be in terms of the early game/startup... I will not be accepting assistance.

PSS: PErson who did the religion system. I wont be throwing that out-when the time comes I"ll ask for it.
    Last edited by Shoobs; 06-05-2012 at 09:07.
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

There really aren't any suggestions for a new map for me to use or anything? Everyone is seriously fine with the vanilla map?
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

My suggestion is to go with the vanilla for now, and maybe when the mod is "done"(aka working with all functions) start thinking about aesthetics and balance of the map.
    Cum Deo et victribus armis "Med Gud och segrande vapen" Gustav II Adolf 1594-1632
    Email: olchardwell@hotmail.com

"We're not going to become evil all suddenly!

it will be a slow transformation and you won't notice it at all." - Shams

Tsar of Russicae Imperii LarryXXL's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any Progress done at the moment? Hope this mod is still alive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast