+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Civilization Universalis

Threadbuster, by order of CC HisMajestyBOB's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I just downloaded it and played around a little. I didn't have too much of a slowdown problem, but my computer's pretty good. I was playing as Korea, allied Manchu (why? I don't know), then had to face a Ming-Wu-Wei coalition that decided to attack Manchu. Note to self, avoid allies until I've built up my colonies.
    Why, Thor, god of thunder, is trying to break into my building!

Actually..
    In Civ Univ..
    I -highly- suggest you get allies. With or without colonies.
    Most of my games end early because of massive coalitions against me that I can't fend off w hich leads to much frustration and anger.

Once, as Israel, I had Kurdistan ( The old Assyria ), Sardia ( Babylon ), Hedjaz, Mamluks (Egypt), and the Ottomans all attack me within 3 months of each other...
    Then again, Israel has a big giant bullseye on it regadless, but still.
    It doesn't help that Israel's starting location was nerfed a great deal.
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I've checked the map a bit and i got some starting point flaws
    Canada starts in a really random place. As most of the countries start in their capitals, Canada should start at Ontario (where Ottawa is) and Quebec should start in Stadacona (where Quebec is)
    Besides that its very fun. Good job!

Fan of the week 12/06/10, Thanks trekaddict!

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Very Important!!!

STOP THE PRESS!!!

A error has been found that could cause this mod to crash!!
    The error has been fixed and you can download a patch HERE and save yourself a lot of greif later. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The patch also fixes a few other very minor problems:
    • A typo that caused slave specialization to do nothing
    • Changed the Roman flag so it isn't Russian anymore
    • Added some missing North American culture names
    Simply put all the files in their respective folders and overwrite the old ones and everything should be fine.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin.Gen
    I've checked the map a bit and i got some starting point flaws
    Canada starts in a really random place. As most of the countries start in their capitals, Canada should start at Ontario (where Ottawa is) and Quebec should start in Stadacona (where Quebec is)
    Besides that its very fun. Good job!
    Some of the starting points are strange for balancing purposes. They have been like this since the original Civilization Universalis, and I didn't change them because bad stuff could happen.

The countries were intentionally spread out so that they would have sufficient room to expand before they collided with their neighbours. You may have noticed that many nations in crowded regions of the world that should be powerful (France, Roman Empire, Carthage) often get squashed. I tried to prevent this be giving people a lot of room.

Also, by putting Canada in Ottawa, no one would live in Northern Canada, and Alaska would probably spread and become too powerful.

The next version of this mod should contain more provinces to give the Romans and some others more breathing room.

Get it HERE!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Cool, a new update already.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    BAM.
    I found a CTD as Egypt, it just shut off not, sure why.

Code:
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 1841 37. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 993 38. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 1841 37. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 993 38. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 1955 37. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 1095 38. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 1914 37. Allready exists in game.
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:76]: Failed to create id 1054 38. Allready exists in game.
    And last 2 messages:

Code:
    Game[messagehandler.h:224]: 13 January, 1464 Byzantium has started collecting War Taxes.
    Game[messagehandler.h:224]: 13 January, 1464 Chagatai declined Sibir's request to join their Military Alliance.
    I hope you can fix this. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Did this happen after you got the patch?

Get it HERE!

Blog Entries
    I don't know.
    I've been playing for a long time now, and nothing happened, so I think its ok.

I'll check in if I get anymore bugs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijj
    I don't know.
    I've been playing for a long time now, and nothing happened, so I think its ok.

I'll check in if I get anymore bugs.
    Don't scare me like that

Get it HERE!

Romanian Head of State cocodtim's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome Gold500k club

Blog Entries
    I got 2 reports:

A bad option for an event:

Second how do the ottomans got there so fast

EU3 single-player, multi-player, modder, failed AAR writer
    EU:Rome single-player, multi-player, modder
    HOI3 single-player, multi-player
    Victoria single-player
    Crusader Kings single-player

Blog Entries
    I also had a smiliar Ottoman presence in Sweden.

Odd....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cocodtim
    I got 2 reports:

A bad option for an event:
    [IMG]
    The reason why that option exists is so that if it asks you to claim someone else's province, you can say no. Of course there's no reason not to claim your own provinces.

Second how do the ottomans got there so fast
    [IMG]
    I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for noticing.

Get it HERE!

Romanian Head of State cocodtim's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome Gold500k club

Blog Entries
    well...that is the problem..those weren't my provinces ...those were Thracia's provs gaining my core...
    EU3 single-player, multi-player, modder, failed AAR writer
    EU:Rome single-player, multi-player, modder
    HOI3 single-player, multi-player
    Victoria single-player
    Crusader Kings single-player

Blog Entries
    well...that is the problem..those weren't my provinces ...those were Thracia's provs gaining my core...
    So you're saying that the province in question belonged to Thracia, but the relation change is between you and yourself?

Get it HERE!

It was like that in the original mod as well. I think It is just a typo but a very hard one to track.
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

im not sure how colonization works in this mod but i have a cool idea.

in Civilization 4, the more cities you have the more settlers you can make right? well, in the common/static_modifiers.txt you could set it so that each provinces gives like +0.02 or whaterver to colonists (assuming that global effects work in province section, which i think it would but not sure). This would simulate the Civilization ability of being able to make more colonists depending on how many cities you have. It might favor big nations but I think it would somewhat match the Civ 4 model. anyway, just a idea in case you have not tried this yet.

Blog Entries
    I think it is like that Darken. Problem is that you end up having 12 coloniest per year, and no use for them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken
    im not sure how colonization works in this mod but i have a cool idea.

in Civilization 4, the more cities you have the more settlers you can make right? well, in the common/static_modifiers.txt you could set it so that each provinces gives like +0.02 or whaterver to colonists (assuming that global effects work in province section, which i think it would but not sure). This would simulate the Civilization ability of being able to make more colonists depending on how many cities you have. It might favor big nations but I think it would somewhat match the Civ 4 model. anyway, just a idea in case you have not tried this yet.
    This is already done with religions. Each religion gives a colonist bonus per province that it's in, but the bonus probably isn't significant enough to notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Fijj
    I think it is like that Darken. Problem is that you end up having 12 coloniest per year, and no use for them.
    It depends on the country, but yes, the world does fill up fast and then colonists become useless. However, the people who get more colonists early are the ones who do best.

Get it HERE!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    This is already done with religions. Each religion gives a colonist bonus per province that it's in, but the bonus probably isn't significant enough to notice...

It depends on the country, but yes, the world does fill up fast and then colonists become useless. However, the people who get more colonists early are the ones who do best.
    I notice it, it is .05 a province!
    Get 10 provinces and get another .5 a year!
    But you already get...9 a year so...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast