• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm most interested in the province decisions. More strategy on the provincial level will make you feel like you're really running your empire. I wonder what some of the province decisions will be.

Splendid. This is truly a creative breakthrough for EU3; and I think that Paradox has entered a new stage of innovative creativity. I'm looking foward to In Nomine and beyond. Thanks

As far as I'm concerned, In Nomine is EUIV.

The F12 feature is really impressive!

A question :
What is the difference between "potential = {" and "allow = {" in the decision scripting ?

Is it possible to get an explanatory text field for the decsicion tool-tip? In case the player doesn't really know the releveance of a 'Patriarchate' or what the statue of monopolies is all about.

Sort of like how the country modifier tooltips can have a little text field under the effects.

The map export feature is amazing. :D

Nice!

The F12 map is very cool! And I like that we will now finally not have to wait for a MTTH to form a nation - if I control every Russian in the world, why should I have to wait to declare myself Tsar? Now I don't have to! :D

ZmajOgnjeniVuk said:
This way, you can probably do it without a terrible stability hit.
Probably... Still I personally like things to go through the mechanics rather than events/decisions...

Since the pirates are a big deal now, anti-piracy acts sound useful, should you chose to colonize Americas :)
Filip de Norre said:
Odd for Russia? Hmm, if they control areas like Crimea, not that odd. If they conquer parts of Balkan (to the coast) or something else, or has colonies in America (like Aleutes, but pirates there?)

It's realistic enough, if Russia just owns one province to a coast where pirates spawn...[/QUOTE]Both holds true for most countries, so there should be no reason why Russia alone should be able to do it, in other words it should be a sort of global/regional decision.

Nation Forming triggers

Extremely pleased with the abilty to form the nations from the triggered panel instead of having to wait for the AI. Hope the choices will also be there not to form the nations and to release certain nations if revolts occur like the Netherlands, Ireland,etc.
As far as the ERE(Byzantines), if they get wiped out by the Ottomans will there be triggers for other nations like Morea and Trebizond to reform it if they reach certain conditions?
I own every paradox game ever put out, and this is the most excited I've been about a new game since EUIII was anounced. Keep on with the good work.

Really nice, as always :)

The chance to customize the country is imo the best option you chould choose to add immersion and extend playability (btw, I've seen "westernize" as a possible choice among the options, and I'm sure many will be happy. Very happy).

I wonder whether you can deal with "rebels with cause" of nation X as nation Y, maybe supporting them to weaken X, it would be cool :p

It would be nice to see provincial decisions take the form of promotions and the adoption of local statutes and levies. Promotions similar to Europa Universalis II would free up the constable and tax assessor building slots, allowing for perhaps different defensive structures. A levy could provide a slight increase in revenue, manpower or conscription speed – at a cost. It could be raised for a specific purpose, such as the expansion of a fortification. Ie: selecting “expand local fortifications efforts” would withhold a small amount of provincial revenue, and then when the game recognizes that the appropriate cost has been met the local ordinance becomes null and void and the building is automatically begun. If that I not possible then it could perhaps just reduce the cost of a structure. Though I would like to enact local laws and see the province take it from there – building the structure on its own when the levy is raised.

Also, it ought to be possible to enact state legislation that nullifies provincial statutes – at a cost of course. Or at least have laws and acts which are incompatible.

As for religious decisions, in catholic Europe in 1399, it would be nice to see a tithe implemented to support the Papal State and other sees (including perhaps orders of knights). This tithe could be reduced/withdrawn or increased by decision. Decisions could also be used as triggers for event chains. Ie: If the Pope adopts a decision to “restore St. Peter’s Basilica” catholic states should receive “Peter’s penance” and “indulgence peddler” events. I would like the ability to use the presence of a building in a province as a trigger.

The new decision making system has the ability to increase the potential of diplomacy and specifically peace negotiations ten-fold. If the AI can identify which decisions other players are able adopt, it could then be possible to propose the adoption of a decision as a provision of a peace negotiation. Ie: If a neighboring monarch is supporting piracy, you may enter into and prevail in an armed conflict – imposing a peace treaty in which he relinquishes a port and adopts an anti-piracy act (presuming that inhibits the commissioning of privateers). Rather than the current land-grab model, this would allow for more realistic peace negotiation - which is exactly the purpose of war - to achieve political ends by the only means remaining.

I would like to see an ability to have an “announcement” when a faction that is also a co-religionist no longer has any territorial possessions. Ie: “The Ottoman Empire has captured the few remaining territories of The Knights”. No decision/ action required. This could have many other applications as well.

Given the sneak-peaks, I think that these requests are reasonable. Its not as though it’s a request for a character system (which I’d love to have)… so for what its worth, hopefully some of this makes it in.

gigau said:
A question :
What is the difference between "potential = {" and "allow = {" in the decision scripting ?
I was expecting something like that, actually. I believe it determines what nations can see these decisions in their list. "Allow" determines whether that can nation enact it or not.