• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Another week of development has gone on In Nomine, and we have time for another sneakpeak.

In Nomine introduces a new concept called decisions. You can think of decisions as "Events at Will", where as soon as all triggers are satisfied, you are able to do a certain decision. These include forming specific countries, introducing reforms, etc.. There are 3 types of decisions, for province, country and religion. There are alerts that tell you when you can enact your decisions.

Here we see the a list of possible national decisions for Russia, where founding a Russian Patriarchate is among their historical country specific decision.
inn_5b.jpg

Here is an example of how decisions are scripted, with the decision shown in the screenshot above. Only those with all potential true will be shown in the interface for that country.
Code:
	establish_russian_patriarchate = {
		potential = {
			tag = RUS
			NOT = { has_country_modifier = russian_patriarchate }
			religion = orthodox
		}
		allow = {
			war = no
			NOT = { 151 = { owned_by = BYZ } }
			prestige = 0.2
			innovative_narrowminded = 2
		}
		effect = {
			add_country_modifier = {
				name = "russian_patriarchate"
				duration = -1
			}		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

Decisions together with historical missions guide the player and AI, and here is an example of an Ottoman mission that is rather likely to get at the start.
inn_5a.jpg

Of course, negotiating with Rebels is in again, and now have restrictions of when its possible to give in to their demands.
inn_5c.jpg

And since maps are cool...

This is what happens when you hit F12 in the game.. (saved in the screenshots folder.) (From a beta multiplayer campaign, about 50 years in).

inn_mp1.jpg

Shift-F12 just saves player nations and their vassals.

inn_mp2.jpg

First!

And this looks really cool! I like the possibility to form a nation once you have all the prerequisites rathern than wait for x number of years until the game sees it fit to trigger the required event.

Nifty. But any word on release date? :p

Oh boy !

This is getting better and better :eek:o

I especially love the new decisions concept and the F12 feature. I'm so getting impatient to try it :cool:

Lord Martin said:
Is it an expansion or a new game we get? *impressed and excited*
It's an expansion.

Continuing my tradition of trying to tease out every tiny scrap of information I can from these sneakpeeks, I spy a "duration=-1", whihc suggests to me that we have support for unending country modifiers.

Some questions; how do you differentiate between the three types of decisions? Are they all on that page? It seems to me that if you have a large empire in which every province is eligible for a decision that listing all odf them there would cause alot of clutter.

What exactly are "religion" class decisions? Do they affect all countries of a particular faith? How do you determine which country has the right to enact such things?

GrimPagan said:
Gamer's Gate says June 10th.

Good to see negotions with terrorists is in again, the decisions combined with the missions are great stuff. Can't wait till this game comes out, nor can I wait till MM Platinum comes out!:)

Autonomous said:
It's an expansion.

Of course I know it´s an expansion. :p
I´m just impressed by the amount of new stuff included. If all stuff in the sneakpeaks works out like it´s told, the gameplay gonna improve a lot.

GrimPagan said:

10th June - GamersGate has it listed.

Otherwise I like these decisions, wondered what it supposed to be when IN was announcement. It will bring more diverse gameplay together with mission system.

Autonomous said:
Some questions; how do you differentiate between the three types of decisions? Are they all on that page? It seems to me that if you have a large empire in which every province is eligible for a decision that listing all odf them there would cause alot of clutter.

3 separate interfaces.. at country, at religion and at each province.

I don't know why you would need a decision to move the capital to S:t Petersburg since that is quite prossible using ordinary gameplay mechanics...

I guess some of those decisions are possible for all countries, sounds a bit odd for Russia to pass an anti-piracy act. :wacko:

Otherwise it's a great idea. :)

Gathenhielm said:
I don't know why you would need a decision to move the capital to S:t Petersburg since that is quite prossible using ordinary gameplay mechanics...
This way, you can probably do it without a terrible stability hit.

Gathenhielm said:
I guess some of those decisions are possible for all countries, sounds a bit odd for Russia to pass an anti-piracy act. :wacko:
Since the pirates are a big deal now, anti-piracy acts sound useful, should you chose to colonize Americas :)

Once again we stand in awe Johan!

Gathenhielm said:

Otherwise it's a great idea. :)

Perhaps a historic specific decision for Russia? Possibly a cheaper/or more expensive way to move, but probably with a better outcome too, and perhaps also a factor to make the AI do it?

Odd for Russia? Hmm, if they control areas like Crimea, not that odd. If they conquer parts of Balkan (to the coast) or something else, or has colonies in America (like Aleutes, but pirates there?)

It's realistic enough, if Russia just owns one province to a coast where pirates spawn...

Besides that, IN looks more like EU IV than an expansion to EU III :rofl:
Only thing needed now is getting a prettier interface and map, more similar to EU II or some medieval map, the 3d doesn't work for me, but a glorious expansion indeed. :p

Gathenhielm said:

Perhaps they have removed the old mechanic and incorperated it into their new decision system?

Terran Noble said:
Perhaps they have removed the old mechanic and incorperated it into their new decision system?

ah, could be too

would be better, if that included realistic choices for all, like Zaragoza for Aragon, but not every city in the world...

Theoretically Turkey could move to Narva! :wacko: