+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: In Nomine - Sneakpeak #5 - 30th of April 2008

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

In Nomine - Sneakpeak #5 - 30th of April 2008

Another week of development has gone on In Nomine, and we have time for another sneakpeak.

In Nomine introduces a new concept called decisions. You can think of decisions as "Events at Will", where as soon as all triggers are satisfied, you are able to do a certain decision. These include forming specific countries, introducing reforms, etc.. There are 3 types of decisions, for province, country and religion. There are alerts that tell you when you can enact your decisions.

Here we see the a list of possible national decisions for Russia, where founding a Russian Patriarchate is among their historical country specific decision.

Here is an example of how decisions are scripted, with the decision shown in the screenshot above. Only those with all potential true will be shown in the interface for that country.
    Code:
    	establish_russian_patriarchate = {
    		potential = {
    			tag = RUS
    			NOT = { has_country_modifier = russian_patriarchate }
    			religion = orthodox
    		}
    		allow = {
    			war = no
    			NOT = { 151 = { owned_by = BYZ } }
    			prestige = 0.2
    			innovative_narrowminded = 2
    		}
    		effect = {
    			add_country_modifier = {
    				name = "russian_patriarchate"
    				duration = -1
    			}		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    	}
    Decisions together with historical missions guide the player and AI, and here is an example of an Ottoman mission that is rather likely to get at the start.

Of course, negotiating with Rebels is in again, and now have restrictions of when its possible to give in to their demands.

And since maps are cool...

This is what happens when you hit F12 in the game.. (saved in the screenshots folder.) (From a beta multiplayer campaign, about 50 years in).

Shift-F12 just saves player nations and their vassals.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Den ökända hästen från Troja Zuckergußgebäck's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    First!

And this looks really cool! I like the possibility to form a nation once you have all the prerequisites rathern than wait for x number of years until the game sees it fit to trigger the required event.

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is it an expansion or a new game we get? *impressed and excited*
    Since the custom avatars are gone, I´m aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.334 posts left...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Nifty. But any word on release date? :P
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy !

This is getting better and better

I especially love the new decisions concept and the F12 feature. I'm so getting impatient to try it
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

200k clubDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martin
    Is it an expansion or a new game we get? *impressed and excited*
    It's an expansion.

Continuing my tradition of trying to tease out every tiny scrap of information I can from these sneakpeeks, I spy a "duration=-1", whihc suggests to me that we have support for unending country modifiers.

Some questions; how do you differentiate between the three types of decisions? Are they all on that page? It seems to me that if you have a large empire in which every province is eligible for a decision that listing all odf them there would cause alot of clutter.

What exactly are "religion" class decisions? Do they affect all countries of a particular faith? How do you determine which country has the right to enact such things?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan
    Gamer's Gate says June 10th.
    Chief of the Harappa in Dawn of Man (on hold )

AARs
    Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken AAR (complete)

"To Agitius, thrice consul, the groans of the Britons... the barbarians drive us to the sea, the sea drives us to the barbarians; between these two means of death we are either killed or drowned."

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper Fi

Good to see negotions with terrorists is in again, the decisions combined with the missions are great stuff. Can't wait till this game comes out, nor can I wait till MM Platinum comes out!
    "We must teach them. We must take away their planes, their automatic weapons, their tanks, their artillery and teach them dignity".
    -For Whome the Bell Tolls.

"Win first, and then fight."
    -Sun Tzu.

so it is the great precept of nature to love ourselves only as we love our neighbour, or what comes to the same thing, as our neighbour is capable of loving us.

Adam Smith, -Theory of Moral Sentiments.

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomous
    It's an expansion.
    Of course I know it´s an expansion.
    I´m just impressed by the amount of new stuff included. If all stuff in the sneakpeaks works out like it´s told, the gameplay gonna improve a lot.
    Since the custom avatars are gone, I´m aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.334 posts left...

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan
    10th June - GamersGate has it listed.

Otherwise I like these decisions, wondered what it supposed to be when IN was announcement. It will bring more diverse gameplay together with mission system.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Some questions; how do you differentiate between the three types of decisions? Are they all on that page? It seems to me that if you have a large empire in which every province is eligible for a decision that listing all odf them there would cause alot of clutter.

3 separate interfaces.. at country, at religion and at each province.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martin
    If all stuff in the sneakpeaks works out like it´s told, the gameplay gonna improve a lot.
    I guess you'd have a very hard time finding anyone who says it doesn't.

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

Second Lieutenant
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: Rome500k club

This looks absolutely amazing. Johan, where do you find the time...?
    Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on. Job 21:3

Romanian Head of State cocodtim's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome Gold500k club

Blog Entries
    astouning

yay
    EU3 single-player, multi-player, modder, failed AAR writer
    EU:Rome single-player, multi-player, modder
    HOI3 single-player, multi-player
    Victoria single-player
    Crusader Kings single-player

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE! Gathenhielm's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2

I don't know why you would need a decision to move the capital to S:t Petersburg since that is quite prossible using ordinary gameplay mechanics...

I guess some of those decisions are possible for all countries, sounds a bit odd for Russia to pass an anti-piracy act.

Otherwise it's a great idea.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Gathenhielm
    I don't know why you would need a decision to move the capital to S:t Petersburg since that is quite prossible using ordinary gameplay mechanics...
    This way, you can probably do it without a terrible stability hit.

I guess some of those decisions are possible for all countries, sounds a bit odd for Russia to pass an anti-piracy act.
    Since the pirates are a big deal now, anti-piracy acts sound useful, should you chose to colonize Americas

Once again we stand in awe Johan!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Otherwise it's a great idea.

Perhaps a historic specific decision for Russia? Possibly a cheaper/or more expensive way to move, but probably with a better outcome too, and perhaps also a factor to make the AI do it?

Odd for Russia? Hmm, if they control areas like Crimea, not that odd. If they conquer parts of Balkan (to the coast) or something else, or has colonies in America (like Aleutes, but pirates there?)

It's realistic enough, if Russia just owns one province to a coast where pirates spawn...

Besides that, IN looks more like EU IV than an expansion to EU III
    Only thing needed now is getting a prettier interface and map, more similar to EU II or some medieval map, the 3d doesn't work for me, but a glorious expansion indeed.
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Perhaps they have removed the old mechanic and incorperated it into their new decision system?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Terran Noble
    Perhaps they have removed the old mechanic and incorperated it into their new decision system?
    ah, could be too

would be better, if that included realistic choices for all, like Zaragoza for Aragon, but not every city in the world...

Theoretically Turkey could move to Narva!
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Oh, I forgot to say something. Great update, Love the changes. In Nomine could be called EU IV

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

What exactly are "religion" class decisions?
    In one of the screenshots in the IGN preview, two religious decisions are shown: "'Convert to Catholicism" and "Convert to Reformed".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast