• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
America? In 1291? It sounds strange... :D

Sorry, its "Vivaldia". :D

Nice to see a united Iberia :) (Gibraltar is iberian! :D ).

Ready for Part Two, sir!

wowz, I knew someone found Vivaldia! :rofl:
But the papacy?
Wouldn't it be against the god to do effective trade to gain money? :rofl:

And shall it be now eu3?

Onwards to the next part! I greatly enjoyed part one, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the next one :D

asd21593 said:

Europe 1268: Dawn Of A New Age

1268xz9.png

A map of Europe in 1268

Could you indicate which the countries are shown in the map ?

This is one of the best AARs !

igorvragovic said:
Could you indicate which the countries are shown in the map ?

This is one of the best AARs !

purple - Orthodox Empire
gold - Papacy
crimson - Hungary
slightly lighter crimson - England
blue/green - Scotland
blue - France
pink - Lotharingia
light gray - Holy Roman Empire
light blue - Denmark
dark blue - Sweden
light purple - Norway
orange - Leon
medium purple - Egypt
dark red - Moors, Almoravid Empire
brown/yellow - Mongol Empire

Thanks for the compliments!

Just say your Beyond Dusan AAR, great stuff, amazing graphics

:) asd

The new world in 1291! Now there's something I didn't expect! There most have been quite a few technological breakthroughs in this world that the Orthodox Empire missed!

Anyway looking forward to Part Two!

~Lord Valentine~

Post 900 !

I'd like to remind everyone to vote in the upcoming ACAs. Support the AAR community and vote for your favorite AARs.

If you would like to vote for this AAR, vote for it in the categories of Best History-Book and Best Overall (CK).

Thanks for all the support!

EDIT: 900th Post!

Hi there, asd21593! Just finished reading your AAR, and I have to say I’m impressed. It is one of the finest history book AARs I’ve seen, and you managed to create an alternate yet believable world. Apart maybe from the early discovery of Vivaldia, which would have been near impossible with the nautical technology of the day.

I was staggered with the initial fast expansion of the Orthodox Empire, how you managed to put off badboy and keep it stable. I was of course outraged with the attack on the Hautevilles, though. After the initial war and the peace treaty, the Byzantine attack on Sicily was outright treacherous, I’d say. Served them right to lose Sicily and all of Italy once again to the Pope! :D

And I loved the Mongol onslaught. Seems that the Orthodox Empire was a giant on feets of clay, considering how fast it crumbled. However, I always like a relam in distress or even crumbling, so I enjoyed the Mongol attack greatly.

Fine work, altogether. Now on to Part Two! :)

This quarter has a disgustingly low amount of votes. Get your lazy butts off to the voting thread and post your ballot! Seriously, there are way too few votes this quarter and we need more.

And I don't want to be a selfish a**hole, but I'd like to suggest that you vote for Heaven On Earth: Part One as the Best CK History-Book. Please.... :p

VOTE!

NOMINATE!

By now, most of you know that this story has no game backing, considering I don't even own Crusader Kings. However, coming up with the story and writing the updates, picking the mood music, making/finding the graphics, etc still took a fair amount of work. If you enjoyed this AAR as much as I enjoyed writing it, please nominate it!

Thank you,
asd

VOTE!

Yes, twas complete fiction. But if you truly enjoyed this AAR, vote for it in the Crusader's Chalice. Every vote counts! I believe that Jestor deserves to win gold, but with your help, maybe this AAR can receive silver. Now get out there and vote for me! :D

Is this spam? I dunno, but I really want y'all to go vote in the Crusader's Chalice:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395866

Plenty of lovely AARs have been nominated, including this one. The Crusader Kings sub-forum has always had the best community around, and we speak with a loud voice relative to our smaller population. Let's rock this vote thing.

Ta!

That was great!:D

ASD,

I've read through much of your AAR, and it's fantastic! Very entertaining!

I also very much liked RGB's Year's Education, but I honestly think you have done a preferable job here with yours. It takes alot of work and research to do something like this. And to think you carried it on into EU3 also (with some problems, do I detect? -- just a glance over there -- hope it works out!).

I can't begin to explain why you're not doing better in the voting. But I'll add my vote to your cause! :)

Thanks!

Rensslaer

Wow, praise from the man that created quite possibly the greatest Vicky AAR ever and is one of the best AAR-writers around!

Thanks a lot!

I honestly don't think the writing in this was that well done, and the lack of votes might have something do with the fact that I don't even have CK and this entire AAR was fiction with no gameplay backing.

Better than RGB's AAR?! :eek: I think not, his is much more detailed and well written, not to mention he actually united Byzantium and Russia in the game.

In any case, I had a lot of fun writing this AAR and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

*switches to advertising mode*

Why don't you come and check out my Peruvian AAR in the Vicky forum?