Closed Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: * Magna Mundi Gold 2 * - The Perfect Companion for Napoleon's Ambition

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by dharper
    Sorry, but there is nothing you can do about it; there is only one form of Oligarchic Muslim state. However, this problem has been fixed (in the localisation files) for today's patch, so when you start playing with the patch you'll have become an Emirate without lifting a finger.

Governments have no tech penalties of any kind. They do affect your administrative efficiency - are you suffering any tech penalties from "Strained Government" or the like? Otherwise, if you're having trouble, I'd suggest looking at your income versus the number of provinces you own.
    Oh. Where can I find this patch? Edit: oh wait, it isn't out yet, so far as I can tell

Edit: It was my income. The tech costs ~6000 and I can only afford to invest ~7 ducats.

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    72 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Not sure if it was reported yet, but--

I think there's something wrong with the HRE vassals petitioning for independence. Early in my current game (I'm Austria, emperor) Cologne became Burgundy's vassal, and since then I've had several times the 'good news an HRE vassal will be independent soon' event/notice. But nothing ever happens to the Cologne/Burgundy relation.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomous
    Right, I've hooked the game up to the Visual Studio to see the exact cause of death, but all it gave me was

Code:
    First-chance exception at 0x00a54e0b in eu3game.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero.
    And

Code:
    Error[provincehistory.cpp:389]: Unknown countrytag for --- owner-change in Jamaica

Error[provincehistory.cpp:438]: Unknown countrytag --- for control-change in Jamaica

Error[provincehistory.cpp:389]: Unknown countrytag for --- owner-change in Jamaica

Error[provincehistory.cpp:438]: Unknown countrytag --- for control-change in Jamaica

Error[provincehistory.cpp:389]: Unknown countrytag for --- owner-change in Taiwan

Error[provincehistory.cpp:438]: Unknown countrytag --- for control-change in Taiwan

Error[provincehistory.cpp:389]: Unknown countrytag for --- owner-change in Conoy

Error[provincehistory.cpp:438]: Unknown countrytag --- for control-change in Conoy

Error[provincehistory.cpp:389]: Unknown countrytag for --- owner-change in Rio de Oro

Error[provincehistory.cpp:438]: Unknown countrytag --- for control-change in Rio de Oro

Error[provincehistory.cpp:389]: Unknown countrytag for --- owner-change in Trarza

Error[provincehistory.cpp:438]: Unknown countrytag --- for control-change in Trarza
    The countrytag "---" is what the game uses for tags it doesn't recognise. For instance, if you have in a province history file "add_core=WUU", but WUU has no entry in common/countries.txt, it will be rendered in game (and in the save) as "---".

It also pointed to file errors

A missing flag for tag AAA

"Corrupt table entries" in atage.txt, austria.txt (I thought Austria didn't get any special events ), catholic_events.txt, christian.txt, colonial_dissent.txt, cot_removal.txt, curia_controller.txt, events_for_ideas.txt, germannation.txt, housekeeping.txt, hre_demesne_transitions.txt, hre_electors.txt, hre_emperor_responds.txt, hre_imperial_power.txt, japan_i_muromachi.txt, japan_ii_sengoku.txt, japan_iii_edo.txt, liberalism.txt, modernization.txt, newrandom.txt, orthodox_events.txt, papacy_events.txt, personal_unions_after_inheritance.txt, inreformation_events.txt, religious_turmoil.txt, revolutionpart2.txt, sikh.txt, theottomans_1.txt, totalwar.txt, trade.txt, vassals.txt, wahhabi.txt, warcouncil.txt, zma_balkanevents.txt, zma_xvi.txt and zma_xvii.txt

These tend to be the equivalent of a misplaced } in programming; one tiny mistake that gives you three thousand compiler errors with no discernible connection to the actual problem. It's entirely possible that all of these are caused by one flaw in one file. Much better to deal with tangible errors, like;

Code:
    Error[eventmanager.cpp:171]: Event #791002 is missing a title in mod\MagnaMundi Gold 2\events\atage.txt

Error[eventmanager.cpp:173]: Event #791002 is missing a desc in mod\MagnaMundi Gold 2\events\atage.txt

Error[eventmanager.cpp:175]: Event #791002 has no options in mod\MagnaMundi Gold 2\events\atage.txt
    These are numerous and hidden amongst all the other crap, so I won't list them all. There are also a bunch of errors in other files, like

Code:
    Error[countryhistory.cpp:281]: Unknown primary culture ruthenian in Ukraine

Error[countryhistory.cpp:281]: Unknown primary culture spanish in Banda Oriental
    and

Code:
    Error[technology.cpp:611]: unknown technology command 'inflation_reduction' in file mod\MagnaMundi Gold 2\common\technologies/trade.txt
    Which again I won't list here. Complete dump in .txt; here.

Many Thanks Autonomous.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyr
    Yeah! It took me 15 minutes to understand that there are cats and dogs and only cats rule! Stupid rapidshare! Mihd.net rules!
    Is that what it is? Man, I feel stupid now.

EDIT: Finally got it, sixth try lucky.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 1,100 events and decisions for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.09 Standalone (September 20, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Path of Adventure: A mod like no other
    A procedurally-generated adventure quest for EUIV
    Version 1.7.02 Standalone (September 21, 2014) or Steam Workshop

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Fixed the inflation_reduction in trade.txt

Was introduced while coding the economic stuff.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf
    Not sure if it was reported yet, but--

I think there's something wrong with the HRE vassals petitioning for independence. Early in my current game (I'm Austria, emperor) Cologne became Burgundy's vassal, and since then I've had several times the 'good news an HRE vassal will be independent soon' event/notice. But nothing ever happens to the Cologne/Burgundy relation.
    Thks for reporting! Fixed!
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Is terranova free of the virus yet? I've looked through the regular MMG thread since it was mentioned, but there is no mention of it being stopped. Is it safe for me (and other XP users) to go back there?

Also, I won't download MMG2 yet, because I'm still busy breaking MMG for my AAR.
    I've encountered one or two minor gameplay bugs in events, (There seems to be no reason for them) that may still exist in MMG2, but they would spoil [shamelessplug]some amazing parts yet to come of the AAR,[/shamelessplug] so I won't post them just yet, and they're fairly minor and rare anyway.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by aHuman(oid)
    Is terranova free of the virus yet? I've looked through the regular MMG thread since it was mentioned, but there is no mention of it being stopped. Is it safe for me (and other XP users) to go back there?

Also, I won't download MMG2 yet, because I'm still busy breaking MMG for my AAR.
    I've encountered one or two minor gameplay bugs in events, (There seems to be no reason for them) that may still exist in MMG2, but they would spoil [shamelessplug]some amazing parts yet to come of the AAR,[/shamelessplug] so I won't post them just yet, and they're fairly minor and rare anyway.

I did not get a virus since then, but I changed my IE to last version and patched all the critical updates on XP.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

x

PATCH RELEASED!

x
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

*INFO* - MMG2 version 1.03 RELEASED - *INFO*

Around one hundred fixes, including plenty of CTDs and graphical issues.

Download from my sig.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    x

PATCH RELEASED!

x
    can we keep already existing saves? (I've managed to create Spain as Castille before 1490 so I'd prefer not to give up my current save)

EDIT: I'm an ungrateful b*****d sometimes: thanks very much for the patch!!

Playing as France and Venice, my vassals keep on accepting military alliances that I have not offered. Should that happen?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jdcarp21
    Playing as France and Venice, my vassals keep on accepting military alliances that I have not offered. Should that happen?
    that happened to me with Castille: Granada accepted an alliance I didn't offer, although it then broke the vassalage about a month later, despite an event saying that "it was my decision" over vassalage...I was confused but thought it was WAD.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by jdcarp21
    Yes. It is part of the whole balance of power thingie.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Hi,

Much to my joy I managed to create Spain before 1480. Is there a similar unification event chain for England/Great Britain? What are the pre-requisites for GB?
    Last edited by Szabtom; 28-04-2008 at 11:08.

What are "Seized Horses" and "Conscripted" modifiers on the capital? I didn't find them mentioned in the manual.
    I'm not that far in the game yet, but how do governors work? I don't understand this reference in the manual: "Unpopular Governor - Bad luck - Do not shuffle bad governors to new positions". Do I get governors that I can appoint to colonies? How can I "shuffle" them?

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom
    What are "Seized Horses" and "Conscripted" modifiers on the capital? I didn't find them mentioned in the manual.
    They are modifiers that represent the progressive strain on your economy as more and more young able men are sent to the military. The "Seized Horses" represents potential production boosters that are not working because they are parading around in beautiful barding. There is also a modifier related to artillery.

What does this all boils down to? The AI, subject to the same modifiers as the player will now and for the first time build balanced armies.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom
    Hi,

Much to my joy I managed to create Spain before 1480. Is there a similar unification event chain for England/Great Britain? What are the pre-requisites for GB?

Yes, there is an event for England / GB.

You need to own London, Oxfordshire, Wessex, Lothian and Aberdeen.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

200k clubDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
    And Scotland.

Do these modifiers decrease at all? If yes, over what period? Or they just accumulate?

England/GB - owning Lothian means annexing Scotland, doesn't it?

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast