• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hate to say it, but I just purchased Rome:Gold and the last posted link to this mod does not appear to be working. I get an error message that the Filefront page cannot be loaded.

Can the link be re-freshed for us incoming new to Rome:Gold?

I hate to say it, but I just purchased Rome:Gold and the last posted link to this mod does not appear to be working. I get an error message that the Filefront page cannot be loaded.

Can the link be re-freshed for us incoming new to Rome:Gold?

try it again - both links for RIMP 1.3.1 are working now. only the cache-files from 1.2beta are corrupt, but normaly you didn´t need them: in most cases you have only to clean the cache-folder as described in the install-instructions and your computer will create the files at first start of the mod.
and don´t forget the rimp-adaptions from the hotfixes-thread, if you want to use my hotfixes as shown in my sig. ;)

Last edited:
I'm having troubles with the flags not showing up; should i delete the flagfile.txt and dds in the mod/gfx/flags file?

Also, whenever i go to geographical/land (however you want to call it :) ) mapmode, i only see the ocean going through europe but still with the borders showing, any ideas on how to solve this?

RIMP 1.3.1 adaption for patch 2.2

after van diemen told me, i should post my adaption for patch 2.2, i will do so now:

Installation:
1. download the zip-file from the attachement.
2. install the content of the folders inside the zip-file into the same folders of a working RIMP1.3.1-installation (files from 06.06.2009) by overwriting existing files.

note: the zip-file contains a complete changelog. there are also some small bugfixes and gameplay-changes inside. feel free to use these features or not by removing the changed files described in changelog.txt

Attachments

• RIMP_adaption_22.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 104
Last edited:
On the new RIMP files for 2.2, I'm not able to change the year in the new game screen. It's stuck at 1 AVC.

there are no changes in this section inside the 2.2-adaption files. and in my game it works without problems. can it be, that your RIMP- or gameinstallation isn´t working correct?

Have you guys made any progress on the new map?

I have a CTD on 1 january 683, I don´t know if the problem is in the MOD or in vanilla version :(

... mod or vanilla with paradox is impossible to finish quit a game ... with a game 2 years old ...

Just as a quick note, if this project is not dead.. I've got a few ideas I'd like to share.

Is it possible to tidy up Thrace a little bit, still very much like vanilla and not really all that accurate.

Here are a few suggestions:
Just immeadiately north of Pergamon, Abydos should be added (province called Hellespontos)
Cyzicus should also be added (province called Mysia).
Pergammum (city) should be renamed Pergamon and the province called Aeolis/Aeolia.
To the south of Pergamon, a coastal province on the western most coast of Anatolia. Call it Ionia with its city either Ephessos/Ephessus or Miletus/Miletos or Smyrna. Depending on province size and location.
Maybe Mytilene could be added, and it falling under control of Pergamon. Chios is another possible addition. Most other Greek islands are either already added, too small or not important enough.
The Province of Armenia, I've never heard of a city called 'Armenia'. Hence it should probably Artaxata and it should be the Capital of the Armenian Kingdom.

image.cgi

1: Denotes the province of Mysia, with its capital city of Cyzicus/Kyzikos.
2: Hellespontos, with its capital city of Abydos. The city placement is fine and best not moved.
3: The new adjusted Pergamon, city is where the pink dot it, and city renamed Pergamon whilst province is renamed Aeolis/Aeolia.
4: Ionia, with its capital at either Smyrna or Ephessus/Ephessos. Again city placement is fine (Lydia's capital should thus become Sardis).
5: Perga to renamed Pamphylia and its capital should be Side.
6: New province of Lycaonia, city should probably be Mazaca or even possibly Iconium/Ikonion.

Just as a quick note, if this project is not dead.. I've got a few ideas I'd like to share.
Thank you. Almost all of your suggestions were already done in our draft map - we have practically the same point of view with some nuances ;)

Is it possible to tidy up Thrace a little bit, still very much like vanilla and not really all that accurate.
Thracia is totally redrawn and more accurate now.

Just immeadiately north of Pergamon, Abydos should be added (province called Hellespontos)
Done, but province called "Troas" with its city: "Alexandria Troas" (former "Antigoneia", was the local federal and political center - Abydos and Lampsakos are represented by this city)

Cyzicus should also be added (province called Mysia).
Yes, already done.

Pergammum (city) should be renamed Pergamon and the province called Aeolis/Aeolia.
The area of Pergamon is redrawn and divided into Aeolis (the coastal region neighbouring Pergamon - city: Elaea, the port of Pergamon) and Caicus or Kaikos (for the Pergamon area proper, the Caicus valley)

To the south of Pergamon, a coastal province on the western most coast of Anatolia. Call it Ionia with its city either Ephessos/Ephessus or Miletus/Miletos or Smyrna. Depending on province size and location.
This area is already divided into 3 provinces, each representing Smyrna, Ephesus and Miletus territories.

Maybe Mytilene could be added, and it falling under control of Pergamon. Chios is another possible addition. Most other Greek islands are either already added, too small or not important enough.
Lesbos (city: Mytilene) is already added; Chios and Samos islands too.

The Province of Armenia, I've never heard of a city called 'Armenia'. Hence it should probably Artaxata and it should be the Capital of the Armenian Kingdom.
Agree. Armenia is totally revised; Artaxata is one of the new cities added here

Perga to renamed Pamphylia and its capital should be Side.
Yes, Pamphylia is already added with 2 successive capitals: "Aspendos", the local political center at the beginning of the game and then "Attaleia", from the time of the Pergamum's rule.

New province of Lycaonia, city should probably be Mazaca or even possibly Iconium/Ikonion.
Yes, already done with Iconium for city. Mazaka is merely the capital of Cappadocia.

Here is a handy map if you're looking at tweeking Epiros at all..
Ancient_epirus_map.jpg