• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is no real news for you all yet, however we are working on the map and will release a spectacular version (with expansions) in the next upcoming months. I'm sorry the work is progressing quite slowly, however you can be sure that the next version will be much more complete and will become a huge update. We feel that we don't what to release half work anymore, thus the next releases will take a bit longer. Of course the next version will be VV compatible.

panther-anthro said:
Uh a question, what about the original cache files, because my PC can't generate them for Vae Victis, or maybe rome is just odd/silly like that.
Did you make a back up? Otherwise you will have to install the vanilla textures exactly like you do with RIMP (loading the game without RIMP and deleted province_textures), only now you do it without using RIMP in your modding folder. Be assured however I'm currently exploring Vae Victis and have been able to get it running well with RIMP. I will post a Vae Victis compatible version soon with some extra new RIMP map features as well, though you will have to do without the major expansions as we are currently still working on that.

Version 1.3 will be released tomorrow!

I'm glad to announce that version 1.3 will be released tomorrow, I have most things ready for release now, but would still like to check some things. This version will bring most enhancements announced earlier in the sneak peaks and will be Vae Victis compatible. It will sadly not bring any map expansion yet, but we are working on that part as well for a later release. I hope everyone will be eagerly awaiting the release for tomorrow: so sharpen you blade strategos and don't forget to bring your helmet!

Rome Improved Map Project v1.3 available

The Rome Improved Map Project v1.3 is now available to download. Please read the new installation instructions, so parts have been changed and you will now have to rename you "provinces" folder to for example "vanilla_provinces" in order to correctly load the RIMP provinces when you start your game. Also you still need to remove the cache files and you can use the "delete_cachefiles.bat" provided with the RIMP v1.3 to do just that.

Here is the download link:
Rome Improved Map Project v1.3
Please also visit our site at: http://tkw.dk/index.php

Enjoy and please someone make a pretty new AAR with this version!

Wowz, nice!

But what happened to all gallic and other kind of northern nations?
And could it be possible to have as many nations as some mod called Tribes and Empires has?

Enewald said:
Wowz, nice!

But what happened to all gallic and other kind of northern nations?
And could it be possible to have as many nations as some mod called Tribes and Empires has?
Currently we are still discussing what to do about them. Originally we felt, like I described in one of the sneak peaks, that expansion of some nations went to rapid due to annexing all the minor tribes, however with Vae Victis the AI seems to react better now. Maybe we will reintroduce them later after some more play testing.

good works!

but: you added some new provinces in 1.3 so the content of the 1.2 cache-files can´t be used. the "blue textures"-problem isn´t solve with this "old" cache-content. :(

can anybody upload the content of the map/cache/province_texture - folder from a working 1.3-version, please?

mate0815 said:
Can anybody upload the content of the map/cache/province_texture - folder from a working 1.3-version, please
I have uploaded the province_texture folder for the RIMP v1.3 for everyone that cannot create these files themselves. You can download it here: Van Diemen's province_textures RIMP v1.3

hmm after I installed your mod all my provinces has turned blue :S followed the install instructions in the thread and in the manual with came with the mod.. I assume that blue provinces is not WAD right?

Scorpi said:
hmm after I installed your mod all my provinces has turned blue :S followed the install instructions in the thread and in the manual with came with the mod.. I assume that blue provinces is not WAD right?

use the content for the province_texture-folder from the post before. THATS the ultimate fix for the "blue-texture"-problem of some users like me. ;)

@vandiemen: thx for the really quick response. :)

Could you include the Hotfix mod? I'd like to try this out, but I'm hesitant to expose myself to some of the more annoying bugs of vanilla (not that there are many, but a couple are fixed by the Hotfix mod).

Nimic said:
Could you include the Hotfix mod? I'd like to try this out, but I'm hesitant to expose myself to some of the more annoying bugs of vanilla (not that there are many, but a couple are fixed by the Hotfix mod).

the mods are compatible without any changes, so thats what you can do by yourselve:

- copy the hotfixes-files to the same folder in the rimp-folders
- make sure, that the rimpfile with .mod-extension have all entries, as its shown in this post

Ok, first impressions:

1. Campaign menu: No gallic factions until 600 AUC. Is this WAD? If yes, maybe a series of events firing when Rome expands in the area could balance that region.

2. Campaign menu: In 667 (if i remember correctly) many italian provinces become empty ("barbarian"). This is obviously a bug, right?

3. As already stated in another post, Syracusae is at war with itself. War attrition is not accumulated, which is a good thing.

Ok, first impressions:

1. Campaign menu: No gallic factions until 600 AUC. Is this WAD? If yes, maybe a series of events firing when Rome expands in the area could balance that region.

2. Campaign menu: In 667 (if i remember correctly) many italian provinces become empty ("barbarian"). This is obviously a bug, right?

3. As already stated in another post, Syracusae is at war with itself. War attrition is not accumulated, which is a good thing.
All of these issues are known by us, the first point was an attempt to reduce the amount of AI expansion early in the game, however VV seems to have reduced the amount of war declarations when there isn't a common border, so I shall post a fix soon to re enable them all from the start.
Your second "bug" is also known by us, this was the social war period in the Roman republic and thus some parts of the country declared independence, however since we didn't had enough flags we were not able to fully implement it, however that will be fixed in future too (maybe with the new VV region features?)
Your last point is also known, however I can't seem to find the problem, it should be somewhere in the files made by paradox itself, because we enabled Syracusae earlier than paradox did. I will look into that again.

All of these issues are known by us, the first point was an attempt to reduce the amount of AI expansion early in the game, however VV seems to have reduced the amount of war declarations when there isn't a common border, so I shall post a fix soon to re enable them all from the start.
Your second "bug" is also known by us, this was the social war period in the Roman republic and thus some parts of the country declared independence, however since we didn't had enough flags we were not able to fully implement it, however that will be fixed in future too (maybe with the new VV region features?)
Your last point is also known, however I can't seem to find the problem, it should be somewhere in the files made by paradox itself, because we enabled Syracusae earlier than paradox did. I will look into that again.

Van Diemen, can you say when the next version of this magnificient mod will be ready - fixing bugs and adjusting to VV 2.1? I refuse to play without it :)