• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you. I will look into it whether or not we can use it. I either case these initiatives are always welcome.

I have encountered a problem, I apologize if it has been answered previously.

I used the loader to run this mod. However, now when I run the game without the mod, there are outlines where the 'mod' map was. The provinces are back to normal, but there are random lines where the new provinces used to be. Any help would be appreciated.

Nsignificant said:
I have encountered a problem, I apologize if it has been answered previously.

I used the loader to run this mod. However, now when I run the game without the mod, there are outlines where the 'mod' map was. The provinces are back to normal, but there are random lines where the new provinces used to be. Any help would be appreciated.
Probably because of the textures that remain behind. Maybe you could post a screenshot, that always helps to clarify things. If it is your texture folder please (map\cache\province_textures) remove the textures of the RIMP and let the game create new ones or if you made a backup use it.

Van Diemen said:
Probably because of the textures that remain behind. Maybe you could post a screenshot, that always helps to clarify things. If it is your texture folder please (map\cache\province_textures) remove the textures of the RIMP and let the game create new ones or if you made a backup use it.
How can I differentiate between normal textures and RIMP textures? Or are they all RIMP?

I probably won't remove it though, I played it more last night, and like it more than I originally did, great work though!

Nsignificant said:
How can I differentiate between normal textures and RIMP textures? Or are they all RIMP?
You can't. You have to remove all files within the cache folder (leave an empty folder called "province_textures" inside the empty cache folder), which is no problem if your computer can recreate them or you made backups.
Nsignificant said:
I probably won't remove it though, I played it more last night, and like it more than I originally did, great work though!
Glad to hear that, I hope you like it. BTW: what did not appeal to you at first or was it just a matter of getting used to it?

Van Diemen said:
Glad to hear that, I hope you like it. BTW: what did not appeal to you at first or was it just a matter of getting used to it?

Just colonizing all the tiny provinces in North Africa began to piss me off. Also, it seemed to me that Greece was split up into too many minors. It may be more historically accurate, but it just seems a little over the top.

But again, good work.

~nsignificant

An update on our current work

We are currently working on improving the map for both Gaul and Iberia. I have posted a picture here so you can see what is going to change and get "improved". We are currently not available for more comments on this work, though if you have some minor suggestions or are able to provide a flag for one of these nations than you may always post them here or PM me. Overview map was provided by Tartarin for the first time (Eshmunazar did the previous work).

improvementprovincesingvr8.jpg

We need flags for the following nations (most are tribes and some already have flags that are in the current game, these need not to be done):

GALLIA

Aquitani : Aturus, Egircius
Bituriges Vivisci : Garumna
Cadurci (+ Petrocori, Nitiobroges) : Oltis
Volcae Tectosagi : Tolosatum
Volcae Arecomici : Rhodanus, Atax
Massilia : Massilia, Varus
Salluvi : Druentia
Voconti : Druna
Allobroges : Isara
Arverni (+Ruteni, Vellavi) : Elaver
Lemovices : Vigenna
Santones : Carantonus
Pictones : Sapara
Bituriges Cubi : Cares
Aedui : Aturavos
Sequani : Dubis
Helvetii (+Rauraci) : Helvetia
Mediomatrici (+Leuci) : Vosegus
Lingones (+Mandubii) : Vinganna
Senones : Icauna
Carnutes : Liger
Venetes (+Namnetes) : Herius
Coriosolites (+Osismii) : Saliocanus
Redones : Aremorica
Aulerci (+Turoni, Andecavi) : Sarita
Unelli (+Baiocasses, Lexovii) : Olina
Veliocasses (+Caletes) : Icta
Parisii (+Suessiones, Meldi) : Sequana
Remi : Matrona
Treveri : Mosella
Eburones : Rura
Nervii : Sabis
Bellovaci (+Ambiani, Viromandui) : Samara
Morini (+Atrebates) : Agnona
Menapii : Scaldis
Aduatuci : Rhenus

GALLIA CISALPINA

Taurini : Bodincus
Ligures : Liguria
Insubres : Insubria
Cenomani : Ollius
Raeti : Athesis
Veneti : Plavis
Boii Cisalpini : Padus

I made you a flag for Armorica:

asterixpj6.gif

:)

The Patrician said:
I made you a flag for Armorica:

asterixpj6.gif

:)
Please, do not make fun of this thread. I'm in for a joke, but not here. We need to keep this thread as clean as possible and this means no silly things posted here.

Thanks!

Are you going to fill ALL that space with tribes? Omg.

Hope you can get some great flag makers though, good luck with the project, it will be great : )

vanin said:
Are you going to fill ALL that space with tribes?
No, not all the provinces. Some will be revolter nations. Though I really hope we can create some flag for all of them.

Van Diemen said:
No, not all the provinces. Some will be revolter nations. Though I really hope we can create some flag for all of them.
i am sure if you ask gigau he would be able to help. he is the Tabula Aegidiana cartographer

Instalation Help!

:confused: First of all I love the ideas and historical accuracy of this mod and am looking forward to playing it.
Unfortunately, however, I'm sort of a newb at mod using, and when i downloaded the file, it was, im sure as you know, a .rar file. My computer apparently doesn't know what to do with .rar files, so if anyone could offer any help that would be great....
Thanks in advance and remember, im a newb at this so theres a chance I won't understand some of the more complex aspects of this mod.

chenoireb said:
Unfortunately, however, I'm sort of a newb at mod using, and when i downloaded the file, it was, im sure as you know, a .rar file.
I believe you can use this program to open and extract .rar files: Winrar 3.71 English version

No, there is currently no other site where you could download the RIMP. However it seems to work fine now with me.

Van Diemen said:
We are currently working on improving the map for both Gaul and Iberia. I have posted a picture here so you can see what is going to change and get "improved". We are currently not available for more comments on this work, though if you have some minor suggestions or are able to provide a flag for one of these nations than you may always post them here or PM me. Overview map was provided by Tartarin for the first time (Eshmunazar did the previous work).

improvementprovincesingvr8.jpg

We need flags for the following nations (most are tribes and some already have flags that are in the current game, these need not to be done):

GALLIA

Aquitani : Aturus, Egircius
Bituriges Vivisci : Garumna
Cadurci (+ Petrocori, Nitiobroges) : Oltis
Volcae Tectosagi : Tolosatum
Volcae Arecomici : Rhodanus, Atax
Massilia : Massilia, Varus
Salluvi : Druentia
Voconti : Druna
Allobroges : Isara
Arverni (+Ruteni, Vellavi) : Elaver
Lemovices : Vigenna
Santones : Carantonus
Pictones : Sapara
Bituriges Cubi : Cares
Aedui : Aturavos
Sequani : Dubis
Helvetii (+Rauraci) : Helvetia
Mediomatrici (+Leuci) : Vosegus
Lingones (+Mandubii) : Vinganna
Senones : Icauna
Carnutes : Liger
Venetes (+Namnetes) : Herius
Coriosolites (+Osismii) : Saliocanus
Redones : Aremorica
Aulerci (+Turoni, Andecavi) : Sarita
Unelli (+Baiocasses, Lexovii) : Olina
Veliocasses (+Caletes) : Icta
Parisii (+Suessiones, Meldi) : Sequana
Remi : Matrona
Treveri : Mosella
Eburones : Rura
Nervii : Sabis
Bellovaci (+Ambiani, Viromandui) : Samara
Morini (+Atrebates) : Agnona
Menapii : Scaldis
Aduatuci : Rhenus

GALLIA CISALPINA

Taurini : Bodincus
Ligures : Liguria
Insubres : Insubria
Cenomani : Ollius
Raeti : Athesis
Veneti : Plavis
Boii Cisalpini : Padus

Two suggestions:
1) for the Gallic and Spanish tribes, I would think that totemic animals for the flags, eg: Wolves/Boars etc. would be most appropriate.

2) books that might be useful, if somewhat simplistic for checking out designs etc. would be Osprey's "Rome's Enemies", especially Rome's Enemies (2)
Gallic & British Celts (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Romes-Enemies-(2)_9780850456066), Rome's Enemies (1)
Germanics and Dacians (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Romes-Enemies-(1)_9780850454734/), and Rome's Enemies (4)
Spanish Armies (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Romes-Enemies-(4)_9780850457018/)

Hope that helps, and that the links work....

Problems with RIMP installation.

HELP!

First of all, I drool when I see the redesigned map. So, first of all, fantastic work--keep it up!

Now, for the reason why I post.

Having played EU I, EU II, CK and DV, I have never encountered so many problems when trying to install a mod.

I'm running version 1.2 on Vista, having downloaded the game from GamersGate. The computer I'm running it on is fairly new (from earlier this year) with an ATI Radeon X1200, so I don't think it's the graphics card, the processing speed of the computer, or the amount of room on it (there's barely anything in there but for a few .doc files and the pre-installed "new computer" software).

First, I tried to install SPQR v.3 with RIMP, and that didn't work (I followed the instructions I have found on the readme and in the forum).

I have had no issues trying to run the SPQR v.3 alone with the original map folders.

Then I tried to install RIMP alone, and the following is a description of what I have attempted to do.

The methods I have attempted for installation:

1) both the overwrite and the mod as outlined in the instructions. Problem: when I try extracting the .rar into the EU-Rome folder itself, I get various error messages. One of them is:

"C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\Rome_improved_map_projecta.rar: Cannot create Rome Improved Map Project v1.2\ (followed by whatever file) ...

Access is denied."

for a total of 418 errors.

2) I've tried taking the "read-only" status off all the Rome files. Same message. I've tried to extract the .rar directly into the EU-Rome folder BEFORE moving the already extracted files to EU-Rome from a separate desktop folder (that is, before I've created a separate folder on the desktop and extracted the files there--where I had no issues, btw--and moved the Rome Improved Map Project folder into Rome and moving into "mod" and running it as one) and I get the error message:

3) I've deleted all the files in the cache and province_textures folders and tried to extract the files into EU-Rome. No luck.

4) I've tried the "create a 'cache backup' folder and a new empty 'cache' and 'province_textures' folder and running RIMP as a mod--after loading the game and creating the map (and waiting about 15 minutes) the Rome window closes after "Creating Trees" and I get this (now abhorred) Vista message:

"Rome has stopped working".

5) I've also tried to erase all the files which may have been left over with Vista when taking out a program, and it doesn't seem to help.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but having dl'ed the game from GamersGate, I haven't been able to run a clean re-install for some reason. I'm sure that's a GamersGate issues, but any clarification would help, since this is the first time I've bought a program through them (didn't want to bother with trying to find an actual hardcopy of EU-Rome, since it sounded pretty hard to come by).

If I download the Cache 1.2b files, what would I do with them? Where would I download them to and where would I extract them to? Would that even help?

I'm at my wit's end here with this mod, but I have this bizzare feeling that Rome wouldn't even be interesting enough for me to play without it.

I would like detailed, step-by-step (read: pedantic) instructions to walk me through this one. I'm really frustrated with this (I haven't even bothered to play the game itself, but I got it about 3 days ago), since I don't want to play without the new map.

Any and all help would be very greatly appreciated, and you could walk away with the assurance that you'd be giving a Paradox fan the opportunity to enjoy what looks like a very interesting title with great potential--since he's already close to chucking the whole computer down the stairwell. :eek:

Many thanks!