• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I'm going to use these two for Atropatene.

overviewsatoflagsah4.jpg

Thank you all for your advise and making of the initial horse (head).

mandead said:
No worries. The second is much better due to being far less blurred, so you ought to try and make the first match it. :)
I already altered it.

Here is an ingame display of Atropatene

Some changes should still be made, such as government type and Kings, but it currently is well playable.

overviewatropateneqc3.jpg

Does anyone hold any information about the Kings of Atropatene during the Rome timeframe? (Please don't come with any wikipedia information, I have that already).

Sorry, but I don't know that yet. I'm still awaiting some files from other members of the team.

I've got some maps and ideas I'd like to put forth to help flesh out the "barbarian" lands a little better. When I get home I'll start linking them.

My basic idea would be to place more gallic nations, but to ensure that the hordes aren't reduced to add provinces to Germania and further west. Since in this time period most of the areas from Germania and west weren't organized into nations that actually threatened to expand into the "Civilized" part of the world. It wasn't until the mass migrations and partial Romanization of their cultures that they became a threat.

JakethX said:
Vandiemen i have freind who is making a LOTR mod but needs help in creating rhe map i was wondering if you could help him he has a thread in the Rome mod forum
I already explained to Antro-Panther that I cannot help him with his project directly, because I'm working together with the rest of the team on this project. I can't spare any time on two projects simultaneously, however if you have any questions you can always post them by PM to me and I will try to answer your question as best as I can.

Future artwork (flag) requests now on other thread

We have created a new thread for any future artwork requests including artwork for the Rome Improved Map Project. I have already posted a new flag request over there. So if any of you like to make that one, please visit this new thread.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357907

Van Diemen, are Rome map files saved as 8 or 24-bit BMPs? 24, presumably? It's just that my map seems a much bigger file than the vanilla one and I wasn't sure if I'd saved it as too rich a filetype, hence the noticable increase in filesize (vanilla is 6.88MB, mine is 21MB as 8-bit or 63MB as 24-bit)...

Any ideas?

Also, what are the files I need for my map to work 100%?

provinces
rivers
terrain
topology

(positions, trees...)

Thanks. :)

mandead said:
Van Diemen, are Rome map files saved as 8 or 24-bit BMPs? 24, presumably? It's just that my map seems a much bigger file than the vanilla one and I wasn't sure if I'd saved it as too rich a filetype, hence the noticable increase in filesize (vanilla is 6.88MB, mine is 21MB as 8-bit or 63MB as 24-bit)...

Any ideas?
I'm not sure, because I don't make all the map files. I think however that it would be 24-bit, since all the things I did and saved as 24-bit came out ok, although I must admit that the program I use has an auto-detect option and thus I do not brother very much about this issue.

mandead said:
Also, what are the files I need for my map to work 100%?

provinces
rivers
terrain
topology

(positions, trees...)

Thanks. :)
I believe your list is complete, but if you want to completly change the map you also need to alter the colormap_hires and the colormap_water.

Delay for the next version

Although I'm not very happy to announce it we are currently on a minor delay. Please don't understand me wrong, we are progressing well. However the next version we release will be more different from the other versions we released. We are currently working together with an other mod project that hasn't gone public on this forum yet. They have created new trade goods, which will be necessary in order to keep a nice and diverse map instead of X provinces producing the same trade good. Please keep up your interest, but it might become a little silent for awhile, don't be unnerved though.