+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Improved Map Project

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe I will release version 1.2 today. Though people should understand that it would not be the final version and some new countries still have to be added. Also the new trade goods will not be in this "beta" release.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Rome Improved Map Project v1.2 beta now available

I have uploaded the new version 1.2 beta. It contains the Near Eastern and North African modifications. Plus some more nations to play with.

Have fun!

Download link:
    Rome Improved Map Project v1.2 beta
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Thank you.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I'm curious if there are any plans for work on Germania/Gaul...I know these areas aren't important in vanilla, but even as few as a dozen more provinces scattered across this region would be of great use in Rome: Enhanced.

If you don't wish such changes to be part of IMM, I'd like to ask anyone who is willing to do the work to contact me, as I could add such changes to IMM upon incorporation into R:E, which is planned for July (i.e. when the semester is over and I have a surplus of time). I'd be forever grateful, and you'd be a valued member of the Rome: Enhanced team (if you wish to be), which is currently lacking in GFX/Map modders.

Regards,
    Battlecry
    Mod it 'til you break it, then fix it and mod it some more!
    VICTORY IS LIFE
    ----------------------------------------------

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wey! 1.2! Great work, this made me smile all day xD

Quote Originally Posted by battlecry
    I'm curious if there are any plans for work on Germania/Gaul...I know these areas aren't important in vanilla, but even as few as a dozen more provinces scattered across this region would be of great use in Rome: Enhanced.
    I'm not quite sure if we are going to improve the all the "barbarian" areas of the map. However I do know that we will try to improve Gaul and Iberia, so at least some barbarian provinces will get an overhaul. Also the Balkan area deserves a little visit IMO.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen
    I'm not quite sure if we are going to improve the all the "barbarian" areas of the map. However I do know that we will try to improve Gaul and Iberia, so at least some barbarian provinces will get an overhaul. Also the Balkan area deserves a little visit IMO.
    That would do. I'd like to keep the number of new (Germanic) tribes I've added, but the current layout doesn't give me the kind of separation between them and the majors that I'd like (at least not while keeping them in the provinces that bear their names). So I suppose the northern Balkans is fairly important to me, as this would be something of a "buffer zone" so that the tribes can expand without immediately coming into contact with a major.
    VICTORY IS LIFE

*bump*

is this still alive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosacrux
    *bump*

is this still alive?
    The whole mod forum has been pretty dead lately...not really sure what that means.
    VICTORY IS LIFE

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battlecry
    The whole mod forum has been pretty dead lately...not really sure what that means.
    The Rome general forum is pretty dead for a major release. I fear that sales have been lackluster, or many people think the game is uninteresting.

Of course this mod is still alive! You shouldn't worry about the silence, like I posted earlier. It is just that we are operating on a different forum (still only for modders BTW) to discuss progress and implementing the work of the different modders. So, indeed at first this thread was flooded with posts by members of the team, now this takes place somewhere else. That doesn't mean we don't do anything, however we haven't been able to make much progress yet for that last 2 weeks since Eshmunazar is a little absent. Besides that work on trade map improvements is coming about nicely thanks to a new member of our team Tartarin. He has made new overview maps with the trade goods that were historically in the regions during the Hellenistic period. I'm going to implement that (a lot of work) during the next two weeks.

In short: don't worry too much, though work hasn't progressed as fast as it initially did (everyone was highly motivated then), but it is still progressing on a slower pace. The main problem is the absence of Eshmunazar, don't know when he will be back, though I sure he will appear again soon. And to keep this mod interesting try to help us a little by making some discussions in this thread or somewhere else of example. Perhaps someone could write an AAR with this mod? I myself always check this thread for new posts at least once a day, so I am always available to read new suggestions and answer any questions.

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

i have some problems with loading texture-files in 1.2beta. following all instructions and trying both ways for using, the result is the same, as here is to see. can it be, that topology.bmp and terrain.bmp should be included in the mod, but forgotten?

or have anybody an idea, what i can do?
    Last edited by mate0815; 03-12-2008 at 14:15.
    EU4-MOD:
    HaREM: Heirs and Rulers Education Mod (English & German) update!

Deutsch statt Paradoxisch?
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU IV: Community-Deutschkorrektur
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Sengoku: Sengoku_DeutschKorrektur v0.30

No, the files you mention should be provided by your own EU:Rome install. There is no need to adapt these files in v1.2. Hopefully you did not delete the topology.bmp and terrain.bmp (judging from your screenshot it looks like these are indeed absent), because if you did you need to reinstall your game.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2

Awesome progress on this mod VD.

East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen
    No, the files you mention should be provided by your own EU:Rome install. There is no need to adapt these files in v1.2. Hopefully you did not delete the topology.bmp and terrain.bmp (judging from your screenshot it looks like these are indeed absent), because if you did you need to reinstall your game.
    i didn´t remove these files. and i made a new install too, but it did not help. hmmm, curious, but if nobody else know these problems, i have to look for the reason by myself...

edit: now i try it with deeper analysis. it seems, in my game, the province_texture creation stopps on prov. 319 (as the original vanilla do). so i need a little more help: can anybody with a working instalation post the (zipped) content of the ...map/cache/province_texture/-folder? i know, its a file with more than 100mb, but i have no other idea for making a working installation on my computer... please help!
    Last edited by mate0815; 20-06-2008 at 14:17.
    EU4-MOD:

-> Besseres Deutsch für EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'll upload the cache and texture folders to filefront and provide the link later in the evening.

cache files and textures
    Last edited by veritas; 20-06-2008 at 23:30.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas
    I'll upload the cache and texture folders to filefront and provide the link later in the evening.

cache files and textures
    thanks a lot -now it works.
    it seems, my computer has a problem with creating the texture-files in the right way.
    EU4-MOD:

Quote Originally Posted by mate0815
    It seems, my computer has a problem with creating the texture-files in the right way.
    More people seem to have that problem. They can now all use the upload provided by Veritas if needed.

EDIT: Here is the link in case you can't find it: Cache files v1.2 beta
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 26-06-2008 at 09:54.

This Mod is GREAT. Keep up the good work and Thanks
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just wondering, since you have added the province of Messene, would you add the Mamertines? I've made a flag out of one of their coins:

I know the feet/claws/whatever look weird, and it does resemble the Egyptian flag alot, but i hope you can use it anway .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast