• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We are in need of another flag for the country of Atropatene. The flag should have the symbol of a horse in it. Here is a picture that you could use for inspiration:

Although the horse in the above picture doesn't originate from Atropatene it does resemble an eastern look and since this country is famous for its horses it may become be nice symbol for Atropatene.

Van Diemen said:
I'm afraid you are right. If you indeed followed up the installation instructions it should work. However it seems that some computers can't handle making new files, but don't be appointed. Once we have finished improving the current map we will release a version with generated textures for all of those who cannot generate them themselves. However the file will become large(about 150 MB) and thus I have chosen to leave the current releases, which are more or less previews, without texture files.

Thanks for answering me. I see your point. It's just strange, cause my rig isn't such an old one (Dual Core, GF8600 with 512MB).

So I'm patiently waiting for a version that includes the texture folder.

Ask, and panther shall deliver! Horse Flag go.

HorseFlag.gif

mandead said:
The flag is okay panther-anthro and mandead (BTW the resizing I could have managed on my own, but still thank you), but it is not precisely like I had in mind. It's a little too Medieval and European. Just the head of a horse in Eastern style would have been better (look at the image I showed you about the horse head), but I can imagine that's hard to do. If any of you are able though to create a better flag, please do. And please don't get me wrong I really appreciate all efforts from others to help us, but we have to be a little demanding, I think you understand. In the mean time I will use this one, but try to improve it.

Thanks anyway

JakethX said:
make the map so it goes all the way up to scandanavia and east into russia that would be awesome
Although everything about expanding the map is still in progress (and we are advancing already on that front). I believe that expanding the map into Russia doesn't hold a lot of added value to the gameplay. Maybe we will add a little, but you shouldn't expect to see an entire world map, just to India and Arabia and some extra additions here and there (like North Africa and South Russia as that was Scythian land). However under our project the "world" will certainly become a much bigger place!

Last edited:
Out of interest, if you can find me a better image of the horse you posted, I can have a go. Alas, I am neither Paul Daniels nor Birger, so I can't work artistic wonders from a photograph. I need some sort of flag or paint image or something similar really. :)

I've never proposed to be particularly good at image editing, but I do enjoy the challenge.

Well, I made two other flags myself and adapted the flag you guys sent in, so it fits better. Which flag is the best?

overviewhorseskn4.jpg

I think if you made mine smaller and adapted it to the colour scheme of your second flag (the striped one), it'd probably be your best bet. Your second one doesn't look quite right because the horse is more 3D, and looks like the top of a rocking horse, but the actual flag background/stripes are very Rome-esque, which makes it look a lot better. Combine the two - if you can - and IMO that would be the best bet. I'm not too keen on the first, and it wouldn't look right in-game.

I agree with you mandead. Here are two alternatives. One could be the rebel and the other the normal country. What do you think of them now?

secondatropateneflagswc2.jpg

Better, but firstly, the head should be a bit smaller (to accommodate the lines), and secondly the lines should be a little thicker. Finally, I'd change the colour of the line on the first one, if you're going to keep the background as red. I'd go for something a little more contrasting, if I were you.

Would this be what you had in mind?

againatropatenerp6.jpg

Much better, now just try and sharpen the image if you can. Making the head a fraction smaller than that would be good, too, if you can. Just make sure it isn't blurred.