• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GustavWasa said:
What happened with India?
Well as you may know that is going to be implement after the normal EU: Rome map has been improved, some basic work however has already been done by veritas with India. Currently we are also considering to expand a little into North Africa for a more earlier release.

Looks neat, and great that you are up and running again.

Btw, got a flag for you. I used a Volcae coin as guideline, but perhaps it looks far to medieval, and the colours don't seem right...

Attachments

• volcae.psd
    14,2 KB · Views: 24
vanin said:
Looks neat, and great that you are up and running again.

Btw, got a flag for you. I used a Volcae coin as guideline, but perhaps it looks far to medieval, and the colours don't seem right...

Thanks for your flag, Vanin. This cross is actually a good historical choice.

Update on Italia and Sicilia

Work on both Italia and Sicilia continues. I added new provinces, flags and countries this weekend. Especially Sicily has been improved by adding two more provinces there. Italy was visited again to correct some things and as you can see to the north there are four new tribal countries available from the start date. Work will continue the next upcoming weeks to expand, improve and test the new map further. I can understand when you say that we should release our current work already, however I don't like to release greatly unfinished work so that everyone feels demoralized when they start up a new game. Keep sending us information and flags if possible and we hope that by the time Vae Victis comes out we will have revised a lot of the vanilla map so that everyone can enjoy both the enhanced gameplay and improved map, because it makes my eyes hurt every time I see those paradox "old" map screenshots!

overviewstatusitalyandsmf9.jpg

Take a look at the new countries and provinces in Sicily and North Italy.

Neat. Sicily did need more provinces, 3 was better than two, but five is even better. Is that red-brown thing the Mamertines? No clue about the lighter-brown there though... In any case, it looks really good, and I have no doubt that once VV is out, and you have improved the map + adding Kush and lands all the way to the Indus, this game will be above many others.

vanin said:
Is that red-brown thing the Mamertines? No clue about the lighter-brown there though...
Yes, the dark red country are the Mamertines as Messana and the lighter-brown is the Tyranny of Agrigentum as suggested by Tartarin.

This is looking fantastic! Been a while since I've snopped around your MOD, but your doing even more and its looking brilliant! :)

Good luck getting the new version out, hopefully VV won't make all your hard work pointless and its easily adaptable

Gigalocus said:
Good luck getting the new version out, hopefully VV won't make all your hard work pointless and its easily adaptable
I hope so, but I think everything will remain quite implementable, since our mod only modifies the map (something paradox will probably not change) and not a large number of events like other mods.

help uninstalling

I really like this map as well.

I seem to have made a mistake trying to install it, however. I ended up will all-sea instead of land terrain, and the pathfinding for units no longer works. Can't seem to uninstall the mod -- i've tried unistalling the whole game and doing a fresh install, but it keeps defaulting back to my poor installation of this mod.

Any tips on how I can completely unistall this mod?

righto

veritas said:
Uninstall Rome, delete the folder and reinstall.

Righto.

I committed a classic newbie mistake here for anyone else who ever does the same: I didn't read the instructions carefully enough. files in both the cache and the textures subfolder need to be replaced - I was only doing the latter. all seems well now.

The Maestro said:
Paradox is changing the HOI3 map to more territories. Why can't they do it for Rome?
Because they are lazy. Furthermore EU: Rome has already been released and HoI3 not. Also Vae Victis is a character/gameplay orientated expansion, not a map expansion and I haven't seen a single screenshot yet that contains any new province.

And because establishing the province's distribution and nomenclature for the ancient era is a bit more difficult than for the modern era. If you want a good and satisfying result, it requires a lot of reasearch and difficult choices.

Van Diemen & His Crew - Put them on the Paradox Payroll

Tartarin said:
And because establishing the province's distribution and nomenclature for the ancient era is a bit more difficult than for the modern era. If you want a good and satisfying result, it requires a lot of reasearch and difficult choices.

Like the title says, Put them on the payroll. Make the new map project an official paradox project.

I'll be the first on line to buy a finished product fully play tested by Paradox.

A nice surprise is still awaiting you all and no it's not that we have been recruited by paradox nor that we are going to release the new version very soon. However once it is really ready and finished I will reveal it here with a screenshot.

This project is looking very good. I can't wait to try it out along with Vae Victis.

A question. Will you also look into editing the buildings and infrastructure of certain provinces? I seem to remember cities like Syracuse and Carthage, for example, having rather small fortifications and harbor facilities in the vanilla version. I am sure there are a lot of provinces that could be looked at to give them more historically accurate buildings.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Last edited:
Excellent stuff going on here - congrats guys! It is looking sweet. I hope it plays well with VV.