• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope you are impressed with our work and please feel free to discuss it here, of course I won't be able to answer every question and especially not: "when will this be released" related questions. We will release the next version when we feel we have improved and expanded enough for the game to feel complete until the next release.

Looking real good! This would allow great scope for the Ancient world, and good having the map further south and east. Include the Baktrians, Parthians, Nubians (Meroe/Kush) and the Mauryan Empire in India. Although, I would like to make a little suggestion for Greece. The province of Korinth, it could/should be called 'Isthmus', although it was a term to mean a small stretch of land surrounded by water/sea/ocean. In Ancient Greek and Rome, when people would mention 'The Isthmus' as in a specific place, they were making reference to Korinth/Megara. :)

Thank you for your suggestion.
The Corinth's territory/province is named "Corinthia" (gr. Korinthia) as it was also named by the ancients because the borders of this Corinthia province include not only the main part of the Isthmus itself but also the area Southwest of it, around the city of Corinth.

Do you plan adding or changing stuff like climate, trade goods, national ideas, events, decisions, governments in the next version of the mod or maybe it will have only the new map? It has been some time since we've got some screenshots of new version, could you maybe give us some more of your fantastic work? I (and the rest of the community) would be really grateful for this. You've done a great work with RIMP guys.

I have VV 2.2 and my terrain map is all ocean like. I have followed the instructions and installed the adaption file and tried everything i have read in this thread. its odd because when i boot the game it loads the terrain:confused:
if anyone have an idea please post it so i can play this awsome mod:cool:

I'm eager to know how the expanded map has come along.

I've been considering doing my own map editing, possibly even using the HOI3 map as a starting point (focusing on Europe and Asia Minor) and perhaps even increasing the size of that area if the game engine can handle it so I can squeeze more cities into areas like Greece, Italy, and North Africa.

Any more news on current progress??? I'm keen as mustard to get my hands on the new version of this, it seems that the new changes will be quite extensive! :)

Like I said yesterday a big developer update with screenshots was about to happen, well here it is. As you may know we are working on improving and expanding the map for EU: Rome. Until today you have seen us mostly working on improving the map, however our talented team has been able to expand the map as well. Most of this was done during the past few months, though veritas started experimenting with the new map already more than half a year ago. Now you may want to know: which areas does the new map add?

The new map was mostly created for the purpose of expanding EU: Rome, while also the team felt that some inaccuracies with the old map, like a malformed Italy, needed to be dealt with. The new map is based on satellite images and modified to exclude any modern day activities, like huge man made dams and water reservoirs. The new map will ultimately expand the EU: Rome map towards India and into Arabia and modern day Somalia. This means that new sea zones need to be made as well from the Red sea towards India and the Persian gulf. And something that will make everyone happy: we added a lot of rivers!

arabiapreview11.jpg

Note that work here isn't finished, we still need to fill in parts of Arabia expand into Persia.

Besides new map expansions and rescaling of Greece and Italy we also improved and expanded the old North Africa map. There are now a lot more nations in North Africa and these were formed mostly from the old Numidia country, which did not exists in the way paradox presented it, as one country.

previewsouthwesteuropen.jpg

New countries in North Africa and a minor expansion of the North African borders

Of course in time other regions will be revised as well, as the new map enables us more detail and more proper inclusion of otherwise border nations, like Garamantea. Also we will revise the regions made by paradox. In time, when ready, I will discuss that here with you as well. Hopefully we will be able to finish our current work within the next couple of months, so that you all will finally be able to play with a proper Rome environment.

Here is one more picture of the new Greece, one of the regions will need to revised again in future.
greecepreview11.jpg

I hope you are impressed with our work and please feel free to discuss it here, of course I won't be able to answer every question and especially not: "when will this be released" related questions. We will release the next version when we feel we have improved and expanded enough for the game to feel complete until the next release.

Just curiously-are the names of rivers included in the mod?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Fu.Th.Sy
Is this mod playable with 2.31 beta patch ?

Yes, I am playing this mod with the 2.31 patch.

Originally posted by Fu.Th.Sy

Yes, I am playing this mod with the 2.31 patch.

what about Illyria van diemen it is completely left after hand. lets not forget by 230bc in balkans there were only two powers able to engage rome i battle. it took romans three wars to subdue them and the outcome was decided more through treachery rather than roman victory. plus the provinces right now are completely unrealistic historically, topografically and number wise. taulanti shoul be split in epidamnus seaside province and taulantii proper interior. macedonia should have its western side a new province encheleae with capital lychnid or pellion. taulanti should have albanopoli. epidamnus should have capital dyrrachium. scodra should have a seaside province of scodra and interior that of labeate. we are talking in 250bc for cities with 50-70000 souls and wth theatres who could seat 8-9500 as in byllis or apollonia, dyrrhachium arena had 21000 seats. i just took knowledge of your mod otherwis i would have helped with input much more before. looks a great map by the way.

Van Diemen

I noticed that there are two Nasamonias'

Is this intentional?:confused:

looks great, waiting impatiently :)

This looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished version. :D I bought HO3 and EURVV at the same time, with low expectations for the latter primarily from what at first look seemed like excessive abstraction in units. However, technology and ideas handle differentiation well, and it will be a long time before I delve into HOI3. I hope Paradox makes some expansions.

The mods for this game are first rate, and I am particularly happy with RIMP. The added geographical resolution and minor powers in Sicily add vastly to the Punic War experience. I consider it an absolute must, and hope that the upcoming version is integrated into the other major mods.

Thanks for sharing!

I seem to be having some issues with the climates. They have started to stack in all the regions. However, the duration is always 300 years for each climate "tag". This way I now have all the Steppe regions with -20% population growth and a new stack gets added every year.
Is this supposed to happen?

Find your map\cache\province_textures folder and delete its contents. The next time you load the game it will take a little longer to load while the game re-generates the textures, but it should fix them.

If that doesn't fix it, then if you're using the Steam version you may need to verify the integrity of your game cache.

Find your map\cache\province_textures folder and delete its contents. The next time you load the game it will take a little longer to load while the game re-generates the textures, but it should fix them.

If that doesn't fix it, then if you're using the Steam version you may need to verify the integrity of your game cache.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

I was following the directions carefully, and I had deleted the contents of the province_textures folder. When I load Rome with RIMP selected from the mod choices, it then loads all the textures for the new regions. But when I go to play, all of the regions (including the new ones) are light blue, similar to the seas.

After reading your post, redid everything (again) but this time I also re-downloaded VV and the 2.2 patch. I also re-installed the RIMP fix to the RIMP folder. I went back and made sure the contents of the province_textures folder was still empty (it was). When I opened Rome, it again took time to add the textures, but when I went to play, I still had the light blue regions everywhere.

I am on Windows Vista, and when you scroll up in this thread, there are people who had the same problem as me. One said he was on Windows 7. Another didnt say what OS he was using, but it seems clear other folks have the same issue.

Thanks again, and any suggestions are appreciated! I would really like the try this mod but the blue regions make it difficult to play...