• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOOooooooooooooh, this could actually distract me from event coding long enough to actually play the game for a bit... Playing around with New Egypt looks like a lot of fun ^_^ .

Version 1.1 ready for download

I have placed the upload link in the first post of this thread. Please read the installation instructions in the readme file carefully. This release adds new provinces to Greece and Egypt plus changes some of the trade goods in the Italian provinces. It is advisable to remove the old files for the previous version manually.

Enjoy the new experience of this improved map.

yes but i have followed all the steps from pdf and doesn´t works. it stop loading on "maplogic" and later nothing...

peregrino05 said:
yes but i have followed all the steps from pdf and doesn´t works. it stop loading on "maplogic" and later nothing...
If you used the previous version there may be some problems with the province.txt files in the history\provinces folder. Try to delete all the double province.txt files. (for example "98 - Calabria" (v1.0) should still have been called vanilla "98 - Tarentum" in the first version to allow proper overwriting of the correct files, this however was not done. The same applies some "99 - Bruttius", which should still have been named vanilla "99 - Ager Bruttius"). Maybe you have still some of these files left in the folder. I hope you can get it to work now.

Furthermore I would also like to know if someone has been able to get it going without difficulties.

Well... It works, but currently all non-historic Egyptians seems to be named Nilitic_Name.

As you might guess, it makes it somewhat difficulty to figure out who's whom :) . I'm not certain if the problem is yours or mine, however...

Plus, the geographic map has some odd spots of blue in the added provinces. Not an annoyance for me, since I tend to stick to political view, but it's likely an annoyance to you :) . Again, though, that could be my fault.

Jane_Doe said:
Well... It works, but currently all non-historic Egyptians seems to be named Nilitic_Name.
Thank you for reporting this. I have seen it too, will look into it. I will hopefully be able put up a hotfix to eliminate the problem tomorrow.

Jane_Doe said:
The geographic map has some odd spots of blue in the added provinces. Not an annoyance for me, since I tend to stick to political view, but it's likely an annoyance to you :) . Again, though, that could be my fault.
You can resolve the blue spots by following the installation instructions carefully. The blue spots occur because of the old texture files that remain in the game, while new provinces have been added. You should delete all the texture files in the Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\map\cache\province_textures folder. Don't be afraid to do this, once you start up the game it will produce new texture files automatically so that the new provinces fit in with the old ones and you will have normal good textures again for all the provinces in the game.

Last edited:
Van Diemen said:
You can resolve the blue spots by following the installation instructions carefully. The blue spots occur because of the old texture files that remain in the game, while new provinces have been added. You should delete all the texture files in the Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\map\cache\province_textures folder. Don't be afraid to do this, once you start up the game it will produce new texture files automatically so that the new provinces fit in with the old ones and you will have normal good textures again for all the provinces in the game.

Yeah, I figured that was the problem :) . I just haven't gotten around to it yet, because I started the game before I remembered the cache.

Hotfix Nilotic names

Here is the hotfix for the Nilotic names, just overwrite the culture.csv file in the localisation folder. I believe this should fix it. To be sure, please start up a new game and wait if the new family members have a name. I have not checked it, but I'm almost 100% sure that the problem is fixed. The nilotic_malename and nilotic_femalename were missing in the culture.csv
I have also added a fix for the crossing between Messana and Bruttius.

Link:
Hotfix Nilotic names

Last edited:
Van Diemen said:
If you used the previous version there may be some problems with the province.txt files in the history\provinces folder. Try to delete all the double province.txt files. (for example "98 - Calabria" (v1.0) should still have been called vanilla "98 - Tarentum" in the first version to allow proper overwriting of the correct files, this however was not done. The same applies some "99 - Bruttius", which should still have been named vanilla "99 - Ager Bruttius"). Maybe you have still some of these files left in the folder. I hope you can get it to work now.

Sigh, are more than 200 names of provinces...isn´t another way for to fix it? Even reinstall all.
Please i beg help because im in a middle of important AAR

peregrino05 said:
Sigh, are more than 200 names of provinces...isn´t another way for to fix it? Even reinstall all.
Please i beg help because im in a middle of important AAR
Well, you could of course always reinstall the entire game and try again or you could do it manually. If you choose to reinstall, please don't install the old Rome Improved Map Project version 1.0, immediately install version 1.1 (here the problem with the provinces.txt should be fixed) BTW: Did you overwrite your vanilla files with the 1.0 version, because it only applies then of course.

Because reinstalling is a little drastic it should suffice IMO if you would only delete the following province.txt files located at Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\history\provinces:
98 - Calabria
99 - Bruttius
102 - Sardinia

Even better try to delete all province.txt files (by looking at the number of the file) that are going to be replaced by the mod and copy these in Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\history\provinces. This shouldn't be very hard to do.

If this doesn't resolve your problem with installing this mod I would advise a reinstall of the entire game.

Last edited:
I fear im not completly explained, i don´t have installed your mod 1.0 previously, i installed 1.1 directly and followed instructions from pdf and...crash

peregrino05 said:
I fear im not completly explained, i don´t have installed your mod 1.0 previously, i installed 1.1 directly and followed instructions from pdf and...crash
Try to do it by the game launcher, otherwise I don't know what the problem could be. I trust that you used a clean version of EU: Rome. Others are able to play this mod! Perhaps tell me precisely which steps you took to install the mod.

I noticed that even in version 1.1 there are still 2 files that should have been named otherwise:
"90 - Apuani" should have been "90 - Etruria" for proper overwrite
"102 - Tharros" should have been "102 - Sardinia" for proper overwrite

Last edited:
Well, i followed all the pass of install in carpet "mod"
i erased all the textures
i have installed your mod 1.1
i have launched fron launcher normally, begins all ok included the game but there is not changes, the map is the normal.
I hace launched from launcher with Improved Map mod (named) and freezes (for always) on Maplogic.

Please help i wish to play with Athenae!!

I really don´t understand what the problem could be. You are doing everything correct and still the game does not continue. Now it may seem a bit silly, but I experienced it during the modding also, but when I deleted (to be sure) all the provinces.txt files in the history folder it loaded ok, however of course all the new provinces were blank. Please try this first. I´m going to give you instructions to resolve the problem step by step. So, please remove all the files in history folder for the mod itself and then start up via the launcher. See if it continues now (as was the case with me then). If it does continue there is something wrong with these files. But at least I then know were the problem is. Please do this for all the folders in the mod until you find good load up that works (but is not complete of course). The only thing you should remain in the mod is the map folder. I´m going to reinstall the game too and try to install the mod.

Last edited:
Well, I reinstalled the entire game and deleted all remaining folders left after the removal of the game. I installed patch 1.1 and loaded up the game without any mod.
I installed the mod by game launcher and renamed the "cache" folder located inside the "map" folder of vanilla EU: Rome (not one one of the mod) to "cache backup". Then I created a new folder inside the vanilla EU: Rome "map" folder called "cache" and created inside this new folder again another new folder called "province_textures". I started up the game and mod with the launcher and it worked without a flaw. So, if you follow the instructions you should have no problems in installing the mod!

Last edited:
Van Diemen,

I downloaded your map mod and was not able to get it to run. After a bunch of failed attempts I finally found out my problem: My computer cannot generate the province textures. Mostly likely due to a lack of video RAM on my computer. In any event I was able to generate the the textures on someone else's computer.

So it turns out you may have to host the texture files for those with crappy computers.

mebethekoko said:
Van Diemen,

I downloaded your map mod and was not able to get it to run. After a bunch of failed attempts I finally found out my problem: My computer cannot generate the province textures. Mostly likely due to a lack of video RAM on my computer. In any event I was able to generate the the textures on someone else's computer.

So it turns out you may have to host the texture files for those with crappy computers.
Thank you for your information. I will deliver a proper cache file in the final version that updates the current map. These releases are still more or less previews of the development of the Rome Improved Map Project. The first stage of the mod in not yet finished, but will be in a matters of weeks.

Praetor said:
Van Diemen,

I tested your mod on both my computers. It works fine with my old one using XP, but it doesn't on my newest with Vista. Could it be the operating systems?

Not in my case. I'm using XP, and yet I still couldn't generate the textures.