• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe I will release version 1.2 today. Though people should understand that it would not be the final version and some new countries still have to be added. Also the new trade goods will not be in this "beta" release.

Rome Improved Map Project v1.2 beta now available

I have uploaded the new version 1.2 beta. It contains the Near Eastern and North African modifications. Plus some more nations to play with.

Have fun!

Download link:
Rome Improved Map Project v1.2 beta

Thank you. :)

I'm curious if there are any plans for work on Germania/Gaul...I know these areas aren't important in vanilla, but even as few as a dozen more provinces scattered across this region would be of great use in Rome: Enhanced.

If you don't wish such changes to be part of IMM, I'd like to ask anyone who is willing to do the work to contact me, as I could add such changes to IMM upon incorporation into R:E, which is planned for July (i.e. when the semester is over and I have a surplus of time). I'd be forever grateful, and you'd be a valued member of the Rome: Enhanced team (if you wish to be), which is currently lacking in GFX/Map modders.

Regards,
Battlecry

battlecry said:
I'm curious if there are any plans for work on Germania/Gaul...I know these areas aren't important in vanilla, but even as few as a dozen more provinces scattered across this region would be of great use in Rome: Enhanced.
I'm not quite sure if we are going to improve the all the "barbarian" areas of the map. However I do know that we will try to improve Gaul and Iberia, so at least some barbarian provinces will get an overhaul. Also the Balkan area deserves a little visit IMO.

Van Diemen said:
I'm not quite sure if we are going to improve the all the "barbarian" areas of the map. However I do know that we will try to improve Gaul and Iberia, so at least some barbarian provinces will get an overhaul. Also the Balkan area deserves a little visit IMO.

That would do. I'd like to keep the number of new (Germanic) tribes I've added, but the current layout doesn't give me the kind of separation between them and the majors that I'd like (at least not while keeping them in the provinces that bear their names). So I suppose the northern Balkans is fairly important to me, as this would be something of a "buffer zone" so that the tribes can expand without immediately coming into contact with a major.

Rosacrux said:
*bump*

is this still alive?

The whole mod forum has been pretty dead lately...not really sure what that means. :confused:

battlecry said:
The whole mod forum has been pretty dead lately...not really sure what that means. :confused:
The Rome general forum is pretty dead for a major release. I fear that sales have been lackluster, or many people think the game is uninteresting.

Of course this mod is still alive! You shouldn't worry about the silence, like I posted earlier. It is just that we are operating on a different forum (still only for modders BTW) to discuss progress and implementing the work of the different modders. So, indeed at first this thread was flooded with posts by members of the team, now this takes place somewhere else. That doesn't mean we don't do anything, however we haven't been able to make much progress yet for that last 2 weeks since Eshmunazar is a little absent. Besides that work on trade map improvements is coming about nicely thanks to a new member of our team Tartarin. He has made new overview maps with the trade goods that were historically in the regions during the Hellenistic period. I'm going to implement that (a lot of work) during the next two weeks.

In short: don't worry too much, though work hasn't progressed as fast as it initially did (everyone was highly motivated then), but it is still progressing on a slower pace. The main problem is the absence of Eshmunazar, don't know when he will be back, though I sure he will appear again soon. And to keep this mod interesting try to help us a little by making some discussions in this thread or somewhere else of example. Perhaps someone could write an AAR with this mod? I myself always check this thread for new posts at least once a day, so I am always available to read new suggestions and answer any questions.

i have some problems with loading texture-files in 1.2beta. following all instructions and trying both ways for using, the result is the same, as here is to see. can it be, that topology.bmp and terrain.bmp should be included in the mod, but forgotten?

or have anybody an idea, what i can do?

Last edited:
No, the files you mention should be provided by your own EU:Rome install. There is no need to adapt these files in v1.2. Hopefully you did not delete the topology.bmp and terrain.bmp (judging from your screenshot it looks like these are indeed absent), because if you did you need to reinstall your game.

Van Diemen said:
No, the files you mention should be provided by your own EU:Rome install. There is no need to adapt these files in v1.2. Hopefully you did not delete the topology.bmp and terrain.bmp (judging from your screenshot it looks like these are indeed absent), because if you did you need to reinstall your game.

i didn´t remove these files. and i made a new install too, but it did not help. hmmm, curious, but if nobody else know these problems, i have to look for the reason by myself...

edit: now i try it with deeper analysis. it seems, in my game, the province_texture creation stopps on prov. 319 (as the original vanilla do). so i need a little more help: can anybody with a working instalation post the (zipped) content of the ...map/cache/province_texture/-folder? i know, its a file with more than 100mb, but i have no other idea for making a working installation on my computer... please help!

Last edited:
veritas said:
I'll upload the cache and texture folders to filefront and provide the link later in the evening.

cache files and textures

thanks a lot -now it works. :rofl:
it seems, my computer has a problem with creating the texture-files in the right way.

mate0815 said:
It seems, my computer has a problem with creating the texture-files in the right way.
More people seem to have that problem. They can now all use the upload provided by Veritas if needed.

EDIT: Here is the link in case you can't find it: Cache files v1.2 beta

Last edited:
Just wondering, since you have added the province of Messene, would you add the Mamertines? I've made a flag out of one of their coins:

MMM-1.jpg

I know the feet/claws/whatever look weird, and it does resemble the Egyptian flag alot, but i hope you can use it anway :) .