+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Improved Map Project

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by GustavWasa
    What happened with India?
    Well as you may know that is going to be implement after the normal EU: Rome map has been improved, some basic work however has already been done by veritas with India. Currently we are also considering to expand a little into North Africa for a more earlier release.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks neat, and great that you are up and running again.

Btw, got a flag for you. I used a Volcae coin as guideline, but perhaps it looks far to medieval, and the colours don't seem right...
    Attached Images

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by vanin
    Looks neat, and great that you are up and running again.

Btw, got a flag for you. I used a Volcae coin as guideline, but perhaps it looks far to medieval, and the colours don't seem right...
    Thanks for your flag, Vanin. This cross is actually a good historical choice.
    Le satanique ennemi de la véritable histoire : la manie du jugement. (Marc Bloch)
    Rome Improved Map Project for EU: Rome

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Update on Italia and Sicilia

Work on both Italia and Sicilia continues. I added new provinces, flags and countries this weekend. Especially Sicily has been improved by adding two more provinces there. Italy was visited again to correct some things and as you can see to the north there are four new tribal countries available from the start date. Work will continue the next upcoming weeks to expand, improve and test the new map further. I can understand when you say that we should release our current work already, however I don't like to release greatly unfinished work so that everyone feels demoralized when they start up a new game. Keep sending us information and flags if possible and we hope that by the time Vae Victis comes out we will have revised a lot of the vanilla map so that everyone can enjoy both the enhanced gameplay and improved map, because it makes my eyes hurt every time I see those paradox "old" map screenshots!

Take a look at the new countries and provinces in Sicily and North Italy.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Neat. Sicily did need more provinces, 3 was better than two, but five is even better. Is that red-brown thing the Mamertines? No clue about the lighter-brown there though... In any case, it looks really good, and I have no doubt that once VV is out, and you have improved the map + adding Kush and lands all the way to the Indus, this game will be above many others.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin
    Is that red-brown thing the Mamertines? No clue about the lighter-brown there though...
    Yes, the dark red country are the Mamertines as Messana and the lighter-brown is the Tyranny of Agrigentum as suggested by Tartarin.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k club

This is looking fantastic! Been a while since I've snopped around your MOD, but your doing even more and its looking brilliant!

Good luck getting the new version out, hopefully VV won't make all your hard work pointless and its easily adaptable

Quote Originally Posted by Gigalocus
    Good luck getting the new version out, hopefully VV won't make all your hard work pointless and its easily adaptable
    I hope so, but I think everything will remain quite implementable, since our mod only modifies the map (something paradox will probably not change) and not a large number of events like other mods.

help uninstalling

I really like this map as well.

I seem to have made a mistake trying to install it, however. I ended up will all-sea instead of land terrain, and the pathfinding for units no longer works. Can't seem to uninstall the mod -- i've tried unistalling the whole game and doing a fresh install, but it keeps defaulting back to my poor installation of this mod.

Any tips on how I can completely unistall this mod?

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Uninstall Rome, delete the folder and reinstall.

righto

Quote Originally Posted by veritas
    Uninstall Rome, delete the folder and reinstall.
    Righto.

I committed a classic newbie mistake here for anyone else who ever does the same: I didn't read the instructions carefully enough. files in both the cache and the textures subfolder need to be replaced - I was only doing the latter. all seems well now.

Sergeant
    Europa Universalis: Rome

Map Change

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen
    I hope so, but I think everything will remain quite implementable, since our mod only modifies the map (something paradox will probably not change) and not a large number of events like other mods.
    Paradox is changing the HOI3 map to more territories. Why can't they do it for Rome?

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro
    Paradox is changing the HOI3 map to more territories. Why can't they do it for Rome?
    Because they are lazy. Furthermore EU: Rome has already been released and HoI3 not. Also Vae Victis is a character/gameplay orientated expansion, not a map expansion and I haven't seen a single screenshot yet that contains any new province.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

And because establishing the province's distribution and nomenclature for the ancient era is a bit more difficult than for the modern era. If you want a good and satisfying result, it requires a lot of reasearch and difficult choices.
    Le satanique ennemi de la véritable histoire : la manie du jugement. (Marc Bloch)
    Rome Improved Map Project for EU: Rome

Sergeant
    Europa Universalis: Rome

Van Diemen & His Crew - Put them on the Paradox Payroll

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarin
    And because establishing the province's distribution and nomenclature for the ancient era is a bit more difficult than for the modern era. If you want a good and satisfying result, it requires a lot of reasearch and difficult choices.
    Like the title says, Put them on the payroll. Make the new map project an official paradox project.

I'll be the first on line to buy a finished product fully play tested by Paradox.

Agree with The Maestro, you need to be rewarded for the hard work you have done, this is, by far, the best mod to any p-dox game i have played.

A nice surprise is still awaiting you all and no it's not that we have been recruited by paradox nor that we are going to release the new version very soon. However once it is really ready and finished I will reveal it here with a screenshot.

India and Persia recieved their terrain? Well whatever it is I am sure we will be delighted, every teaser/update is a good teaser/update.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

This project is looking very good. I can't wait to try it out along with Vae Victis.

A question. Will you also look into editing the buildings and infrastructure of certain provinces? I seem to remember cities like Syracuse and Carthage, for example, having rather small fortifications and harbor facilities in the vanilla version. I am sure there are a lot of provinces that could be looked at to give them more historically accurate buildings.

Thank you for all your hard work!
    Last edited by barrabas; 06-11-2008 at 19:13.

Patron Saint, Lost Epic Causes .Spartan's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Excellent stuff going on here - congrats guys! It is looking sweet. I hope it plays well with VV.
    The most difficult pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much and power over little - Herodotus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast