thank vista for these problems - i know them all, too.
sometimes nothing helps to give all the files the rights they needed. and creating the textures for provinces also fault on my sytem...
therefore try this:
- extract the files from the mods into your temp-folder. this folder needs no rights for working.
- give all extracted files read- and write-rights.
- copy the modfiles into the rome/mod-folder manually.
- take a look at the system-cache in the folder: ...user/yourusername/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program or Program (x86)/
if you find there a folder named "Paradox Interactive/EU-Rome" or so, delete it. the AppData-folder is hidden, make sure, that you will find it.
additional for rimp or spqr on rimp:
- rename the folder ...paradox/rome/map/cache into maybe cache_vanilla
- create new folders cache and cache/province_textures in the /map-folder
- copy the content for this two folders from the downloaded cache 1.2b -file into the new (blank) folders. use the bypass and extract the cache-file into your temp-folder first.
start the the rome-launcher with admin-rights and choose the mod.
on my vista-system it works - after a lot of tests and nights of despair...