+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Improved Map Project

Please change the capitol of the Balearics from Mago to Ibossim which was the real 654 BC founded Carthaginian town in the island group.
    Once you know that the Spanish Church is being continually worn down by such a succession of disasters and by so many deaths of the Sons of God as a result of the oppression of the heathens, we believe not one of you will lie low. We urge you...to do your outmost to defend your brothers and liberate the churches. With Apostolic authority and the power divinely bestowed on us we graciously grant to all those fighting firmly on this expedition the same remission of Sins that we conceded to the defenders of the Eastern Church

Pope Calixtus II proclaming a Crusade in Spain, 2nd April 1123

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have been working on this mod for the past few days and the Greek provinces are almost ready. I have added Athens and Corinth as new independent countries. Furthermore Greece has undergone a entire makeup especially in the South. Just take a look at these screenshots.

If any of you have any comments please post them here or send a PM to me, so that I can adjust these matters. Furthermore I haven't been able to add any leaders for Athens or Corinth, so suggestions over these (in this timeframe) would also be welcome. If you might have access to a different standart for Athens or Corinth and you believe these aren't correct, please PM me and send the resources needed.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Great work! Very excited to try the new Greece.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Rise of Prussia

Greece just got a whole lot more interesting! Great work.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

"To know nothing of the time before you were born is to remain forever a child", Cicero

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I have a small request: if anyone has any information about Athens and Corinth especially the leaders of these states during the timeframe of the game, please share it so that I can make these nations more realistic. I cannot seem to find decent info about them (not even names).
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen
    I have a small request: if anyone has any information about Athens and Corinth especially the leaders of these states during the timeframe of the game, please share it so that I can make these nations more realistic. I cannot seem to find decent info about them (not even names).
    Here (scroll down, it list every Archon of Athens known)
    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archon_of_Athens

I've got SFA on Corinth though...
    Mod it 'til you break it, then fix it and mod it some more!
    VICTORY IS LIFE
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by battlecry
    Here (scroll down, it list every Archon of Athens known)
    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archon_of_Athens

I've got SFA on Corinth though...
    Thanks, now just only Corinth!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Blog Entries
    Maybe they were illiterate (apologies to any Corinthians)...cause I can't find a damn thing in any of my books on the period, or online.
    VICTORY IS LIFE

Impossible? A Challenge! jorian's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    hi, sent you a PM regarding the map
    "Maps are cool, everybody loves maps!" - Johan

Blog Entries
    I'm sure this is a common question, and I don't want to pester, but any sort of ETA on the next version?
    VICTORY IS LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by battlecry
    I'm sure this is a common question, and I don't want to pester, but any sort of ETA on the next version?
    I understand your impatience (I will not use the irritant familiar Johan patch cliche ). However I want to add some more provinces to Greece (Thrace), furthermore an other member of the team, vertias, is working on Egypt and I want to release a finished Greece and Egypt with some Italian corrections too at once before moving on to Seleucia and Carthage. Therefore I really don't know when I will release it, but I think it will not have to take another full week. Probably by the end of the weekend (so that veritas can finish Egypt) will the next release be ready.

Soberanodeloepopeyico peregrino05's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Two questions:

The mod is operational yet?

HAve you planned divide Argolis on AcroCorinth (Corinth capital) and Argolis (Argos Capital)?.

Thanks and cheers!
    ""Spain is the strongest country in the world, the Spaniards have tried to destroy his country for centuries and they have not succeeded." O.V.Bismarck
    Monograficos ilustrados o animados hechos por mi.
    Ven al Foro Elite, Se de Elite!!
    Primer AAR español del HoI3 La guerra Civil. First spanish AAR HoI3 Spanish Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by peregrino05
    Two questions:

The mod is operational yet?

HAve you planned divide Argolis on AcroCorinth (Corinth capital) and Argolis (Argos Capital)?.

Thanks and cheers!
    The mod is operational, but only the Italian provinces have been uploaded and as you can see in earlier posts the next version with Greece and Egypt will not take very long.

I haven't planned to divide Argolis in Acrocorinth and Argolis. I believe that the province of Argolis is already small and cannot be split in even smaller parts.

Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Here is a sneak peak of Egypt's new setup. Province files should be ready tomorrow afternoon or evening, school's almost out!

Impossible? A Challenge! jorian's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    hum...you could carve 1 or 2 privinces from the terra incognita aswell in the south (Nile region)

...and maybe have some provs at the coasts of nile, not sure about that doh

"Maps are cool, everybody loves maps!" - Johan

OOOooooooooooooh, this could actually distract me from event coding long enough to actually play the game for a bit... Playing around with New Egypt looks like a lot of fun ^_^ .
    Ever wonder what would happen if a person in the middle of a mod left for five years or so, then came back to work on it, completely skipping several patches, a complete expansion, and every other major mod for the game?

Well, why not take a look at this...

Or, well, do so after she finally posts again.

Version 1.1 ready for download

I have placed the upload link in the first post of this thread. Please read the installation instructions in the readme file carefully. This release adds new provinces to Greece and Egypt plus changes some of the trade goods in the Italian provinces. It is advisable to remove the old files for the previous version manually.

Enjoy the new experience of this improved map.

Soberanodeloepopeyico peregrino05's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yes but i have followed all the steps from pdf and doesn´t works. it stop loading on "maplogic" and later nothing...
    ""Spain is the strongest country in the world, the Spaniards have tried to destroy his country for centuries and they have not succeeded." O.V.Bismarck
    Monograficos ilustrados o animados hechos por mi.
    Ven al Foro Elite, Se de Elite!!
    Primer AAR español del HoI3 La guerra Civil. First spanish AAR HoI3 Spanish Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by peregrino05
    yes but i have followed all the steps from pdf and doesn´t works. it stop loading on "maplogic" and later nothing...
    If you used the previous version there may be some problems with the province.txt files in the history\provinces folder. Try to delete all the double province.txt files. (for example "98 - Calabria" (v1.0) should still have been called vanilla "98 - Tarentum" in the first version to allow proper overwriting of the correct files, this however was not done. The same applies some "99 - Bruttius", which should still have been named vanilla "99 - Ager Bruttius"). Maybe you have still some of these files left in the folder. I hope you can get it to work now.

Furthermore I would also like to know if someone has been able to get it going without difficulties.

Well... It works, but currently all non-historic Egyptians seems to be named Nilitic_Name.

As you might guess, it makes it somewhat difficulty to figure out who's whom . I'm not certain if the problem is yours or mine, however...

Plus, the geographic map has some odd spots of blue in the added provinces. Not an annoyance for me, since I tend to stick to political view, but it's likely an annoyance to you . Again, though, that could be my fault.
    Ever wonder what would happen if a person in the middle of a mod left for five years or so, then came back to work on it, completely skipping several patches, a complete expansion, and every other major mod for the game?

Well, why not take a look at this...

Or, well, do so after she finally posts again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast