License the Europa Engine, and get your work published on Gamersgate

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coreymas said:
OH,

When you get your hands on the Contract/NDA from Paradox can you post the "gist" of it so those of us interested in Participating can understand the requirements/responsibilities.

Thanks

Corey

provided the contract contents itself are not NDA or at least privileged inforomation and it is OK with the Paradox people to do so. Though it may be that such info is privileged, so I'll not post any info without some sort of approval from Paradox first.

(and I haven't received it yet, my guess is it will be early next week, since it's already Friday evening in Stockholm)

i would say though that interested parties considering it should make their applications now. You will not be fully committed to any project with Paradox just by applying, and if after looking at the contract terms you decide you don't like it, you can refuse and end negotiations.

Last edited:
Someone should make a change to EU 2 so that you get a core province after some time of ownership.

re: Mr. G's "core prov after ownership"... that could be done by events. All you would need to do is use country flags with events that turn them on or off when they own or don't own the province, or events that sleep other events, or some system like that. It's messy and complicated and would take a TON of events to cover all the possibilities (the easiest way I can think of would take about 6-9 events per province) but possible.

Mr. G said:
Someone should make a change to EU 2 so that you get a core province after some time of ownership.
Grenoble said:
Looking forward to a brand new EU2 now :)
Sheridan said:
re: Mr. G's "core prov after ownership"... that could be done by events. All you would need to do is use country flags with events that turn them on or off when they own or don't own the province, or events that sleep other events, or some system like that. It's messy and complicated and would take a TON of events to cover all the possibilities (the easiest way I can think of would take about 6-9 events per province) but possible.
Don't worry, I already have a very long list of fixes and new features for EU2. I will start a new thread in AGCEEP subforum for this and see for general EU2 forum too.

Cool! I am definatly up for a Victoria team!

Count me in, OH! :D

I'd like to second (or third) the request for a sneak peek at the terms and conditions P'dox is offering.

And may I say how exciting a development this is?

fasquardon

Sheridan said:

This have never been done before?

Joy of joys!
Victoria is going to get its long awaited makeover! :cool:

White Daimon said:
***** Attention: Do not start a thread in this forum****

I think this means that you shouldn´t start one ;)

Pfff details! :rolleyes: :p

So noone else reckons it might be a good idea to look at this from a pan-game POV rather than every group doing all the work separately for different games? For instance I could imagine that if you gonna mess with the Badboy code for one game, it might be useful for another game as well, same for trade, revolt risk, nationalism etc. etc. Or for instance to have a pan-game group (sort of a label thing), that has certain requirements for it's members and for quality control, so people know that any conversion for any Paradox game released under that label will be quality work and not just download stuff and find out it's "crap".

Sounds like a a good approach to me?

*faints*

*wakes up*

*drools*

Hell yeah, it's times like these that I wish I could code a bit. But I can't, so I'll just give my support.

Oh man, completely transformed EU2, HoI, Vicky... duuuude. :D

*drools*

magdat said:
So noone else reckons it might be a good idea to look at this from a pan-game POV rather than every group doing all the work separately for different games? For instance I could imagine that if you gonna mess with the Badboy code for one game, it might be useful for another game as well, same for trade, revolt risk, nationalism etc. etc. Or for instance to have a pan-game group (sort of a label thing), that has certain requirements for it's members and for quality control, so people know that any conversion for any Paradox game released under that label will be quality work and not just download stuff and find out it's "crap".

Sounds like a a good approach to me?

Apparently for those who make a contract there will be subforum where all kinds of stuff can be talked about. I think there people will freely share information on various game mechanisms and programming them.

magdat said:
So noone else reckons it might be a good idea to look at this from a pan-game POV rather than every group doing all the work separately for different games? For instance I could imagine that if you gonna mess with the Badboy code for one game, it might be useful for another game as well, same for trade, revolt risk, nationalism etc. etc.

That's a good point. There's also a good many features I'd like to transfer between P'dox games. For example using HoI2's occupation rules on EU2 and CK...

magdat said:
Or for instance to have a pan-game group (sort of a label thing), that has certain requirements for it's members and for quality control, so people know that any conversion for any Paradox game released under that label will be quality work and not just download stuff and find out it's "crap".

I would have thought that P'dox would want to do the quality control themselves.

fasquardon

I'd love to see what a dedicated team could do with Crusader Kings.
Now hopefully the groups that work on these have some dedicated programmers. I've seen other optimistic projects die out because when it came down to programming and implementing their ideas, people began losing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.