License the Europa Engine, and get your work published on Gamersgate

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We have now investigated the idea we had back in january, and that was so enthusiastically recieved. Our lawyers have looked it through and finalised a combined licensing and publishing contract. We will be making the sourcecode of the europa engine available for those interested in developing in it. The europa engine was the engine that powered the eu1&2, victoria, crusader kings & Hoi1/2, as well as their expansions.

If any individual, team or group are interested, then contact us at enginelicense (insert an at here) paradoxplaza (a dot here) com , with what you want to do, and we'll take it from there.

Reactions:
But would the code for the games themselves be released too?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not sure of the difference between the engine and the game itself. :()

HoI2 ARM :eek:

Not that I´m not pleased with that... I´m just surprised. Happily surprised offcourse :)

rcduggan said:
But would the code for the games themselves be released too?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not sure of the difference between the engine and the game itself. :()

yes. the sourcecode for the games.

Most excellent. Expect to see a world of cyclops waterlillies what live on the underside of orange clouds as seen reflected in a jug of goat milk from Myth and myself very very soon!!! :D

Way cool.

Will the content from the games be included as well? And will you release tools you used for development, like eg. mapping tools?

Wow. Just wow. Thank you very much! :D

party22.gif

Now before i send out my henchmen to caputure blue emu, Kanitatlan, Wobbler, White Daimon, Germadoc et al. and have them brought to my vulcano island, i would like to ask for some t&c as well :)

This is a very interesting development. I suppose thorough proficiency with C++ would be needed to work with the engine or are there tools to work around that?

Any ways, I can see lot's of interesting stuff come from this. :cool:

EDIT: Just found the older thread, so reading up now.

Last edited:
Hot Damn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.