• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59851)

General Secretary
Aug 13, 2006
Lesser of Two Evils:
Germany in a Draka World
"They say that we are doomed to be nothing. They say that we are only a second rate power, doomed to fight for a distant third behind the continent-states. People of Germany, will you let them say these things to you? Will you let them spread these lies about the Fatherland? No! We will show them. In the end, it is our nation that shall rise above! It is Germany that shall span not one, but all of the continents!"
--Adolf Hitler, 1932
The following is an excerpt from Globe in Chaos: The Interbellum Years:
. . . rise to power, Hitler began rearming Germany. He meant what he had said while a minority party, and while he was in power, he would not allow Germany to be simply a second-rate power. Interestingly, as he rose to power Germany was only a second-rate power, at best: along with Japan, France, and increasingly Britain, Germany was second rate to the so-called "continent-states" of the United States of America (North America) and the Domination of the Draka (Africa, some of Asia) (see Fig. 1). In terms of total land area, these two nations did indeed dominate the globe. . .

drakamap1936.jpg

Fig. 1 - The World in early 1936. Key: USA - Blue; Dom. of Draka - Black; Germany - Red​

Last edited:
This is my fourth AAR, and I hope it will end better than my last (dead) one. It is based on a country I created in SM Stirling's Draka books (if you are unfamiliar with these books, here is a timeline. The mod that I use is Randallw's Domination of the Draka Mod.

It will follow the basic style of "Dar al-Islam." It begins with either dialogue or a speech, with is followed by an excerpt from a Western-style history book.

I hope you will enjoy.

INDEX

Gearing for War
Lesser of Two Evils (4-17-08)
First Steps (4-20-08)
Tempestuousness Before the Storm (4-22-08)

World War II
And So It Begins (4-24-08)
The Continent (4-28-28)
The Balkan War (5-1-08)
The North (5-7-08)
One New Axis Member, One New War (5-14-08)
Barbarossa (5-20-08)
Two If By Sea, Three If By. . . (5-23-08)
Seelöwe (5-26-08)

The Eurasian War
The Eurasian War (5-30-08)
The First Months (6-3-08)
Breakthroughs (6-6-08)
Collapse (6-8-08)
Counterstrike (6-9-08)
The Eleven Month Offensive (6-11-08)
Mountains Between the Seas (6-14-08)
Onward (6-16-08)
Revenge (6-19-08)
Third Front (6-21-08)
The Zambezi (6-24-08)
German Engineering (6-26-08)
Victory! (6-29-08)

Post-Draka
A New Atlas (7-4-08)
Preparation (7-6-08)
The Fortress' Back Door (7-8-08)
Loose Ends (7-11-08)
Dying Gasps (7-13-08)
Down Under (7-16-08)
Alexander's Dream, Hitler's Reality (7-18-08)

World War III
Civil Unrest Leads to Civil. . . (7-21-08)
Europe in WWIII (7-24-08)
The World in WWIII (7-29-08)
Opening Moves (8-2-08)
The Fight Goes On (12-22-08)
Victories and Defeats (12-24-08)
The War Abroad (12-30-08)
The European Front (1-1-09)
The Cold War (1-2-09)

Last edited:
Joy! A new soonerborn AAR. :)

Whoops is a unique name though, and definitely will get more people to the thread.

Anyways, looks interesting.

Sorted :)

(I don't suppose I could get you to resize the world map a bit? If you can, have a thumbnail displayed, or just scale it down to like 900 pixels wide. Thank you.)

Interesting AAR idea by the way, I'll be following this :)

Sometimes I see alternative worlds...

Would Germany be able to become a Great Power? Would Draka allow it? Would Darkwing Duck allow them to... erm... I think I got confused with the "D" and the "K" an all... ;)

How come World War I happened exactly the same even with the Draka?
(I never read the books, so I wouldn't know)

But good luck, they probably have massive IC and armies, and will be very difficult to defeat.

me too. id never heard of the draka till about half an hour ago, but i read the timeline and although for the first few years i liked them, i now don't. and find myself thinking hitler's germany would seem lovely compared to draka.

Interesting to see how this works out in HOI2. Read the books on wikipedia, looked interesting although very forced. No way they could have lasted that long where they are and with their policies (I mean, annex the whole Ottoman empire and Bulgaria? No one is that arrogant or would allow that!).
Hopefully you can resist the domination though

Last edited:
BritishImperial said:
me too. id never heard of the draka till about half an hour ago, but i read the timeline and although for the first few years i liked them, i now don't. and find myself thinking hitler's germany would seem lovely compared to draka.
From what I have read of the Draka, I would agree with you.... as I think majority of people would. :eek:

I find it highly unlikely hta a county controlling those totally industrious areas of Africa and the Urals would be a superpower, more just a huge useless tract of worthless land.

Maj. von Mauser said:
I find it highly unlikely hta a county controlling those totally industrious areas of Africa and the Urals would be a superpower, more just a huge useless tract of worthless land.
QFT. I read through the timeline provided. History went
paradoxbackup_bleedingeyes.gif

Please return some sanity to the world. No matter how f:eek:cked up it is, it'll be better than this Draka mess.

Maj. von Mauser said:

„I find it highly unlikely that a country controlling the totally industrious areas of” Siberia „and the Urals would be a superpower, more just a huge useless tract of worthless land”

So, what's up with Russia? Is it Russia or the SU? Is it a significant power?

The Bolsehevik revolution did succeed, HOWEVER, the USSR is much weaker in the Draka world.

TIME TO SMASH THE SNAKES! :D