• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At least Sparta is so deep in the manure it can't sink any deeper... :p :D

Sorry for the delay...the last two weeks at work have been brutal! I haven't had time to read anything let alone write anything, but I did take some time to get this completed...I hope you all enjoy it!

Bad Movie References - 1, AAR - 0

Alcetus Eurpontid

King of Sparta

Point Break, 1 July 541 AUC to 14 October 554 AUC

20-01.jpg

Well great. Pontus’ fleet prevents Phocas from lifting the Bithynian siege. I wish I’d built a navy. Of course, I wish I was the King of the Seleucids…man that would be cool!

But no, I am King of Sparta and I’m about to lose another one of Dad’s hard-fought gains.

20-02.jpg

And there goes Bithynia, all our wood stocks, and my dignity.

20-03.jpg

And now, I am going to try the old “cut the military budget” trick to raise funds…at least, if the mercenaries desert, I can finally afford to replace them.

20-04.jpg

I am so pleased: we have managed to bring Sparta back, financially. We have a full treasury and a solid income.

In celebration, I am going to spend every penny we have on a festival to the gods.

We shall sacrifice 10…No! 20! Sheep for the glory of Zelus and Ares, saviors of Sparta!

20-05.jpg

Um. Did someone forget to tell the Mercenaries the war is over?

Phocas, be a dear and let them know…also let them know that the “Please don’t desert” bonuses will be suspended.

20-06.jpg

What are the odds he’s started wearing crowns?

20-07.jpg

As usual, we attack!

20-08.jpg

As usual Ares supports us!

Not that either of these has ever helped us before.

20-09.jpg

I’m going to spare you the details of the violence, chaos, rebellion and destruction, oh and the sale of Epirus’ temples, and cut to the chase.

At one point, Macedon thought they could claim Epirus, Aetolia, Thracia and a 50 gold indemnity. Now they want white peace, no doubt so they can sit a scheme and just attack us again at the earliest opportunity. If Sparta is to ever be secure, Macedon must be broken before they can get stronger.

So, Macedon wants a White Peace? This time they will not get it. This war will either break Macedon or Sparta.

I’m kind of hoping it is Macedon who breaks.

20-10.jpg

It would seem, I was wrong. It was, indeed Sparta who broke.

I blame that Civil War during our First Macedonian War. Macedon was doomed without it. Or maybe I should have ignored the rebels and finished off Macedon.

I guess it doesn’t matter anymore. I am the last of the Eurpontids and, through ill luck, I also managed to kill off my nephew Ikesios, last of the Agiads…that’s why his widow, my favorite daughter, hates me so much.

So, I’ve undone all my father’s work, brought financial ruin to all of Greece, demolished and sold for scrap the entire irrigation, road, farm and religious infrastructure that helped make the Greeks so famous throughout the world and also to stand so firm against Persia. I’m just going to assume I don’t get a statue.

Plus, the Seleucids have just declared war on us again.

I went ahead and killed their messenger. Odds are good one of my fellow citizens will murder me long before the Seleucid Army gets their revenge.

And this ends The Adventures of House Eurpontid. The rebirth and demise of Sparta in twenty chapters and two kings.

Thank you all for reading.

And so the manure was all over the place... :D

Ouch. But a good run. A valiant attempt.

Well, I guess the Eurypontid's are just born with bad luck. All in all, a fitting end, I must say. :D

However, the AAR was a joy to read, Alfred Packer! Good show.

Alas, the poor Europontids! We knew them gentle readAARs. Where are your jests now? Your infinite fancies? - fitting for such tragedy and high drama. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the AAR and well done!

sparta... lost! Nooooo!

But still a nice aar. I just hoped you could have done what your ancestors did... but it seems you lost several times wars against the eastern blobl. :p

As somebody else enacted the most foul deed of necromancy I can pounce at the opportunity to add my own two cents: Read the Eurpontids over a month ago, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Hey this AAR is something I want to have written, and that's quite rare (not saying anything about my skill just that I'm fastidious.)
In any case I like your writing style. Kind of reminds me of my own actually. Lot's of picture, we like that :rofl:
I'd love to see some bitterness with the spartan leaders, I mean after all they lost everything including their status among the greek city-states (which was pretty much all that mattered to them) over the last -say- 200 years.

Keep it comming!

oh almost forgot.... the compulsory:

FOR SPARTAAAA!!!