• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alfred Packer

Off Again
47 Badges
Jun 3, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I guess they don't know it is BC yet.

Archidamus Eurpontid

King of Sparta

Taking Stock, 1 January 474 AUC to 20 January 474 AUC

01-01.jpg

Hello, I am Archidamus. I am King of Sparta. We used to be pretty big shots, but, well. Let’s just say our ship has sailed. For example, we don’t date from our big wins over Persia and Athens. We don’t date from our big losses to Thebes or even Thebes’ humiliating defeat at Macedon’s hands. No, our calendar is based on when the City of Rome was founded. I don’t even know where Rome is!

Not only that, but the King of Sparta, me, is an orphan.

01-02.jpg

Here is my son Eudamidas. He is more popular than I am even though he looks like someone just shot his dog. And I mean all the time.

01-03.jpg

Aannnd this is Sparta. Yeah, we don’t yell that anymore. Not since we lost all those great Helots. It’s not as easy to be warrior-heroes when you have to darn your own socks. Plus, our bottomless well caved in.

01-04.jpg

Even the hated Achean League has a larger army and richer lands. Well, they don’t know we hate them yet, but if we are going to restore glory to Sparta, we need enemies right?

01-05.jpg

Oh yes, I also command the army. All 1,000 of them.

01-06.jpg

My son commands our boat.

01-07.jpg

I would offer a sacrifice to the gods to get their support for my plan to restore Sparta to greatness, but we are so poor, our sacrifices would only insult them.

So, we are on our own.

01-08.jpg

My diplomatic initiatives are not off to the great start I had hoped for.

Poor Eudamidas. He was hoping we could use the wood to build a second boat.

01-09.jpg

Well, we do have one trade route. With my secret enemies the Achean League. I’m selling them the supplies they will need to raise effective Heavy Infantry.

I’m really not good at this.

01-10.jpg

This is my new wife Eirene. When you are King of Sparta, you can’t be too choosy.

Archidamus has set a worthy goal! Restore Sparta to greatness. However, is he the right man for the job? Is his son? Does it even matter? Join us next time as Eudamidas pretends not to be grossed out that his step-mom is younger than he is on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of House Eurpontid!

Another Sparta AAR. How did I know this would be a popular one. At least you don't shout it anymore. ;) Good luck, AP. May the Gods be with you (when you can afford them.) :D

In your universe, Sparta and its leaders seem rather... dull. Try to get something done with those losers... :rolleyes:

I like this AAR already! :D

mmm nice start

Alfred Packer said:
Well, we do have one trade route. With my secret enemies the Achean League. I’m selling them the supplies they will need to raise effective Heavy Infantry.

I’m really not good at this.

Ah... classic Alfred Packer at his best! Hilarity is bound to ensue! :rofl:

Hehee, thanks for the laughs. And sorry to hear about the well. :rofl:

Kill all your kings till you get a Leonidas, have just 1,000 men, use attrition to get just 300 men, march north to the hot gates and beat Persia (Or Selucis or macedon) there and then! Who needs 25,000 hoplites??!

Alfred Packer said:
I would offer a sacrifice to the gods to get their support for my plan to restore Sparta to greatness, but we are so poor, our sacrifices would only insult them.
I got a real laugh out of that line.

Good job. Really... :)

Haha, brilliant. I absolutely f*cking wet myself at this bit:

"My son commands our boat."

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
You've done it again Alfred! A great start! Especially liked the "Here is my son Eudamidas. He is more popular than I am even though he looks like someone just shot his dog. And I mean all the time."-line. Wonderful stuff :rofl: :rofl:

~Lord Valentine~

Very funny AAR, I´ll be following it.