+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inkwell - Advertise Your AARs Here

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

EU3

EU3 - HTTT Always War
    Always WAAR - The British Always War AAR

Can the great British empire form in a state of constant war? This dynamic mod, changes the course of the game as there is constant war between every neighbor you will come across.

HOI3

HOI3 - SF Common Weapons
    Operation Vistula - The Polish Alternative AAR

Poland fell to Germany in just 5 weeks of fighting, can TheCheeseMaster beat this, overcome them and conquer Berlin before 1943? Or will he fall to Germany and fail democracy to the traitorous fascists.

HOI3 - SF Common Weapons
    Scramble For Africa - The Ethiopian AAR

Ethiopia is possibly the hardest nation in the entire world to play as, no opportunities exist. The war with Italy will prove near impossible to deal with, but I will have to.

HOI3 - FTM Common Weapons
    Ireland In World War Two

Its 1940, Europe has changed dramatically. Ireland successfully managed a coup in 1936 and because of this, Germany never caused their annexation and never put enough pressure on Czechoslovakia. But after a war with Poland, Switzerland and Czechoslovakia, the allies had had enough and declared war against a strong and powerful enemy. Ireland is in the middle of it.
    Last edited by TheCheeseMaster; 18-11-2011 at 23:38.
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Crusader Kings IIRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Rise Of Sardinia
    A Dark Continent AAR - Europa Universalis 3 Divine Wind

God punished the Christian people, for it lived in sin and forgot His word. Spreading from the lands of France, the deadly disease He sent to Europe spared no one, killing men, women and children, leaving the continent empty. Only a few chosen ones managed to survive, seeking refuge in the major islands, who had not encountered the wrath of the Lord.

One of these islands was Sardinia. Mariano IV of Arborea, King of one of the four states in which the island was divided, wisely employed the refugees as mercenary soldiers, and in less than a decade he conquered the whole of the island, taking a new royal name: King Mariano I of Sardinia, or, in the native tongue, Giuighe Mariane I de Sardigna. He was succeeded by Queen Eleonora I. Her most known accomplishment was the conquest of Corsica, who was in a perpetual state of civil war between the Genovese refugees, whose government in exile ruled the island, and the Corsican locals, who, thinking of the Genovese as cursed by God, rebelled and longed for a local King. A good part of them accepted the rule of Eleonora, seen as the descendant of a dynasty whose survival was wanted by the Lord Himself, while more than an half of the Genovese were either lynched by the locals or sentenced to death by the Queen in person. Her reign was inherited by Mariano II of Sardinia.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Continent-AAR

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

AARs ahoy!

For Europa Universalis III
    Republic of Russia: A Novgorod Divine Wind AAR
    Started 2/24/11 - Completed 4/1/11
    Tied for second place in Writing with the StAARs, Third Place in the EU3 OscAARs for 2011

Novum Romanum Imperium: A Tuscany DW AAR
    Started 4/9/11 - Completed 2/15/12
    Won WritAAR of the Week 6/13/11; Co-winner of Best Narrative EU 3 AAR, Q2 2011; Character WritAAR of the Week 9/12/11; Winner of Best Narrative EU 3 AAR, Q3 2011

Descent into Madness: A Random EU 3 AAR
    Started 11/4/11 - Completed 6/7/12
    Weekly AAR Showcase 12/4/11; Character WritAAR of the Week 1/24/12; Best Comedy EU 3 AAR in the 2011 ACAs; Tied for second in Q2 2012 ACAs for EU3; Second Place in 2012 EU3 OscAARs!

The Hohenzollerns megacampaign part 2: For God and the family (Bavaria DW 5.2)
    Started 2/23/13 - Completed 11/29/13

For Victoria II
    Syni Kyiva (Sons of Kyiv) -- Ukraine Tutorial AAR
    Started 4/2/11 - Completed 5/22/11

Republic of Russia Part 2: Vicky 2 Conversion AAR
    Started 9/19/11 - Abandoned 11/13/11

Novum Romanum Imperium 2.0 -- an AHD Vicky 2 Conversion AAR
    Started 2/22/12 -- Completed 9/29/12
    Weekly AAR Showcase week of 4/29; co-winner, Favorite Narrative Vicky 2 AAR, ACAs Q1 2012; Writer of the Week 6/4/12

Chaos's Revenge: A Random AHD AAR
    Started 6/30/12 -- Completed 9/5/12
    Winner of Best Character Writer of the Week for 8/26/12

Reliving the Restoration -- A Japanese Tutorial AHD AAR
    Started 8/18/12 -- Completed 11/11/12
    Weekly AAR Showcase, week of 11/25/12, Third Place for the 2012 VictAARian Cross!!

A return to Dutch arithmetic -- A Netherlands AHD AAR (2.31)
    Started 11/15/12 -- Completed 2/11/13
    2nd best Vicky 2 AAR, Q4 2012 ACAs

The advantages of backwardness: A Russian Empire NNM AHD AAR
    Started 2/3/13 -- Completed 4/10/13

Nobody expects the Spanish expedition: An 1861 Spain HOD Beta AAR
    Part 1|Part 2|Part 3
    Started 4/5/13 -- Completed 4/13/13

Gunboat diplomacy: An HOD Tutorial AAR
    Started 6/1/13 -- Completed 10/5/13
    Third place in 2013 ACAs (First Half)

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? Hohenzollern part 3 -- Interactive!
    Started 12/13/2013 -- Completed ???

For Hearts of Iron III
    We, the People: A USA FTM Interactive AAR
    Started 1/8/12 -- Completed 2/20/13
    Third place for the Iron HeAARt in 2013!

Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR Admin|Updates
    Started 2/27/13 -- Completed ???

For Crusader Kings II
    The rise of the Hohenzollerns -- A CK2 Mega Campaign AAR
    Started 9/14/12 -- Completed 2/23/13
    Tied for fourth best CKII AAR, ACAs, Q3 2012; tied for best CKII AAR, ACAs, Q4 2012; Character Writer of the Week, 3/2/13, third place in the 2013 CrusadAAR's Chalice

The Oldest God: A Zoroastrian AAR (featuring Death)
    Started 10/9/13 -- Completed 2/11/14
    Tied for best CKII AAR, second half 2013 ACAs; Weekly AAR Showcase 12/29/13; Character Writer of the Week, 11/25/13

Consecrated blood waters my fields: A Hvitserk megacampaign
    Started 6/23/14 -- Completed ???

For March of the Eagles
    The ulcer erupts -- A Spanish AAR
    Started 4/11/13 -- Completed 5/3/13

For Europa Univeralis IV
    Japan or Bust (probably bust!): A Uesugi CoP AAR
    Started 2/19/2014 -- Completed 6/18/2014
    Tied for third place in Q1 2014 ACAs

Fan of the week 4/24/2011, 10/15/2012, 10/27/13
    Tied for second place in the 2013 WritAAR of the Year!
    Last edited by Avindian; 23-06-2014 at 16:39.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSengoku
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

TUFTO'S INKWELL

Purveyor of Narrative AARs since 2011.

Thrice Character WritAAR and Once WritAAR of the Week.

Currently Active:

Byzantium was dying, the Mongol age was over, the Mamluks were declining, and the Crusade of Varna had just failed catastophically. A new time was coming; a Turkish time. And at the centre of its rise was Ivy the Egyptian, whose family would dominate the Sultans of Constantinople for over three hundred years...

On indefinite hold (to be resumed after the completion of Ivy):

A Narrative AAR of the Basiliakos Dynasty of Thessaly and Thessalonika.

The sins of Consantinople and the piety of Thessalonika, at the beginning of the 12th century, were too far apart. With the Empire torn between rival claimants, a little family from Thessalia, steeped in battle and faith, began to claw its way to the Throne of Emperors, determined not to stop until every last lord bowed to their blades...

On Indefinite Hold (to be resumed at some point in 2014, probably in July):

The Red Mexican

A Spanish AAR for Victoria II

A century of empire. That's how we remember it. When the greedy imperialists took away the hopes and fortunes of a thousand nations. But it was also a century of revolutions and fury, resentment and crushing poverty. The revolution will never die. The barricades will never come down...

On Indefinite Hold (to be resumed sometime in 2014, probably at Easter or during the summer):

The Devil's Darkness

A Georgian AAR for Crusader Kings

Georgia. A little kingdom on the edge of the Black Sea. A land of tyrants, of plots and conspiracies, of noble men and darker ones. But when the Portugese branch of the Bagratuni dynasty takes hold of the realm, three centuries of blood and sorrow would follow, as Georgia reared its head to become the dominant power in the East...

Lost save:

One More for Perdition

A Venetian Fantasy AAR for Europa Universalis III

All is not well in the world. The mortal states bicker and war, the fragile truce between the skeletal Reapers and the power-hungry Vampires is fraying, and the Jack O' Lanterns are looking up at the sky in fear. When one of the oldest and most prestigious Reapers, Kael, takes a young Copt, Mona, as his protege, they cut a path through the world using a single nation as their vessel: the Most Serene Republic of Venice...
    Last edited by Tufto; 02-01-2014 at 23:12.
    House of Ivy: A Europa Universalis IV AAR FINALLY UPDATED. My Inkwell.

"There is nowhere else. You will only tread a circle, Titus Groan. There's not a road, not a track, but it will lead you home. For everything comes to Gormenghast."

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Europa Universalis III AARs

Yin, Yang and the ugly: a Divine Wind Ming AAR.

A gameplay-focussed AAR in which I tackle the then-new Ming Faction system. The Divine Wind expansion changed Ming considerably, primarily by introducing Factions. Ming is either ruled by the Eunuch faction, the Bureaucrats or the Temple faction. Each Faction poses certain restrictions and penalties on you or providing bonuses and opportunities.

Will Ming be shackled by the machinations of eunuchs and bureaucrats or will the Central Republic forge itself a place under the sun, despite all the hurdles within and without?

Double Domination: Germany versus Japan.

In this experimental AAR I play two countries, Bavaria and Taira (soon Germany and Japan) in alternating turns of 10 years. In 1770, the Final Battle between both nations will commence and determines who will win Double Domination!

Narrated by two sport commentators, Jim and Bob.

Europa Universalis: Rome AARs

Those Crazy Gauls.

In this AAR, I will play the republic of Gaul, formed from uniting the Gallic tribes under the Parisii banner. But a time-travelling mad scientists takes over the young republic and will decide its fate: Will he succeed in taking over the world or were they right to call him mad?

I have played EU:Rome VV now for about 20-30 hours and this will be my first long-term campaign. Don't worry if you are not familiar with the game, I will explain the mechanics as part of the AAR.

Currently aborted.

Last edited by knul; 04-01-2013 at 12:24.
    Current AAR: EU4: Single Domination: Ming, the first EU4 AAR ever to feature a non-European country!
    Finished AARs: EU3: Double Domination: Germany versus Japan. EU3: Yin, Yang and the ugly: a Divine Wind Ming AAR

See an overview of my AARs at my Ink Well page.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    500k club

My first AAR for Rome
    The Legacy of Alexander the Great - Seleucid Empire campaign
    Started 17/10/2011

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

VIDEONFAN'S INKWELL

Welcome brave adventurer,for you must be really brave to seek out my horrid AARs!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tr!selcu.gif‎
Views:	44
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	86107  
    Last edited by videonfan; 24-07-2013 at 21:33.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Gela's Inkwell

I've been prolific throughout my career, but I've omitted links to almost all my AARs due them all sharing in a terrible case of author abandonment.

Republic of the Blue Lion: An Athens DW AAR

This is my personal favorite of everything I've ever written. It isn't complete, and I'm still working on it. It started off like a light narrative, with short text and lots of screenshots. In relatively little time, however, it evolved into a far more in-depth story where every character has their own ambitions and they work to the benefit (or detriment) of Athens in their own convoluted ways.

Gela's EU3 AAR for Beginners - A Guide

The majority of people, it seems, believe this to be one of my best AARs. It's also a work in progress, but not abandoned. It's an attempt to help beginners understand the very complex game of EU3 a bit better, and is also a gameplay-style chronicle of the game I'm playing to illustrate it. Written with my best efforts in comedy.

My best attempt at a huge narrative undertaking. Much more in-depth than Blue Lion, I'm focusing most of my energies into this one at the moment. It is designed to have a lot less about the game and a lot more about the characters. It follows a cast of varying characters who eventually convene on the Eastern Academy of Scholarship, run by a man named Minas. The main character is Sivus Bischa, who is frequently annoyed at being treated as a second-class citizen simply because he is from Belarus.

It will also features a second cast of characters who live in the actual time period of the game. Their story is another one of twists, turns, and ambitions.
    Last edited by gela1212; 09-11-2011 at 23:04.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Hello-

I have EU I, II, & III, and HOI I & III (skipped II). I enjoy writing once in a while and have done a few AARs for HOI3.

HOI3

Death on the Danube: 1936 Hungary
    Semper Fi 2.04d (Gameplay style)

I attempt to bring a Hungary that has taken the Balkans into the Comintern but find out I have bitten off more than I can chew.

Put the wAAR in wAARlord: 1936 Guangxi Clique
    Semper Fi 2.04d (Gameplay style)

I join the Axis and conquer most of the Pacific with three Light Cruisers, but what comes next?

No Peace for AAR Time: 1936 United Kingdom
    For The Motherland 3.05 (Gameplay style)

Great Britain refuses to cave to German demands at Munich, and the Second World War starts one year early.

Kneel Before Zog!: 1936 Albania
    For The Motherland 3.05 (Gameplay style)

A country with one tech, one HQ and almost nothing else becomes one of the dominant powers of Europe, thanks to a puppet show.

LIFE in the Trenches: 1936 Xibei San Ma
    For The Motherland 3.05 (Narrative style)

Join acclaimed photojournalist Jacques Theriaux as he views the war from Xibei San Ma.

Springtime for Hit-LAAR, or, Diplomacy will only take you so FAAR: 1936 German Reich
    For The Motherland 3.05 (Comedy style)

A gay romp with Adolf and co. at the Berchtesgaden who try to win the war with Flower Power.

I'm still pretty new to the forums, so my AAR list is much smaller than those above me.

La storia di Casa Orsini (The History of House Orsini)

It is a CK AAR following the History of the Orsini Dynasty. Though the only Orsini ruler in the game that is not a bishophoric (sorry 1337 Roma) is sadly fake, but the Dynasty is completely real. It is currently being updated like lighting, so check it out.

I also have an abandoned CK Capua AAR, that sadly ended due to a crash after only two updates.
    Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?
    Joseph Stalin

If any foreign minister begins to defend to the death a "peace conference," you can be sure his government has already placed its orders for new battleships and airplanes.
    Joseph Stalin

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
    Joseph Stalin

One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.
    Joseph Stalin

First Lieutenant VagabondvonLMG's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Hello, readers! I have been doing my AAR for a while, but now, I am going comercial!

YOU'LL LAUGH!!!

YOU'LL CRY!!!!!

YOU'LL FIND TRUE LOVE!!!!!

Come, and experiece the epic adventure with TENS of other people!

Be AMAZED as Good Ole' Erie fights England! Italy! Persia! Aztecs! Zapotecs! Photobucket! The Mayans!

AND MANY MORE ON..........

THIS TIME, IT'S FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Last edited by VagabondvonLMG; 22-11-2011 at 04:48.
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

This Time, It's For Real! - Finished

Not dead

FALCONETTE'S AARs

DARKEST HOUR

The Darkest Hour of the Russian Empire

Scenario: The Great War
    Timeframe: 1914-1918
    Style: History book + Graphic-based + Gameplay
    Chapters: 28

The Darkest Hour of the Russian Empire 2

AwAARds:
    • Best DH AAR of December 2011

Scenario: The Great War -> The Day of Decision
    Timeframe: 1918-1933-1939-...
    Style: History book + Graphic-based + Gameplay
    Chapters (+appendices): 34 (+3)
    Last edited by Falconette; 11-03-2012 at 07:58.

Paraipan's Inkwell

Europa Universalis 3

Inspired by the combination of the history book and narrative styles in recent AARs like The Grey Eminence, The Red Lioness of Holland or the old Triumph of Eagles, In the Sadow of the Vesuvius will also try to emulate this hisotry book\narrative style. Using the Death and Taxes mod, this AAR will try to stay within a minimal historical plausibility at all times. So, grab a phone, call your favourite pizza place, order a Napoletana (yeah I know that Let's Eat Pizza Napoletana is the name of another Naples EU3 AAR) and follow the kings of Naples as they try to transform their kingdom in an European super power.

Crusader Kings

My first attempt at an AAR. Also a history book\narrative combination centered on the House of Lacon, a Sardinian dynasty. As my old computer had a break down, I lost most of the screenshots and the most recent saves. I was planning to replay the game from an earlier save and continue the AAR, but the frustration of having to play the game all over again made me stop the AAR.

(click on the pictures for links to the AARs)
    Last edited by Paraipan; 15-12-2011 at 12:24.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

tamius23's inkwell

Are you bored? You will be after you've read some of the stuff in here.

Crusader Kings 2 AARs

The Il-Khanate 1218 - 1411

A return to my gameplay style after Shaybanid, this time for CK2. Starting as a pagan, the first one in CK2.

Now finished.

The Muromians 867 -

Another gameplay AAR; this time, following a Volga Finnic tribe in The Old Gods.

On hold due to a dead computer. May resume in August or be cancelled.

Europa Universalis 3 AARs

Kaba Ma Kyei 1399 - 1575

My first AAR, about Pegu in EU3, started 1399. You could read it, but most of the pictures have gone. It's in a gameplay style.

The Story of Styria 1399 - 1821

Another gameplay AAR, chronicling the histories of the rarely-existent nation of Styria. Complete!

Helped me win WritAAR of the Week for June 10th, 2012 and was reviewed in the fourth New AARlander.

Children of Genghis Khan 1525 - 1821

This one is about Shaybanid, started 1525 (and rather better than the previous one). It's also a gameplay AAR.

I managed to survive until 1821, so it became:

Victoria 2 AARs

Children of Genghis Khan part 2 1836 - 1929

A direct continuation of the previous AAR using the converter utility. Begins in 1836 in a gameplay style, then near the end it changes completely into a newspaper style. If you want to know why, you have to read it.

On hold due to the same dead computer as above.

Styria Redux 1836 - 1936

The Story of Styria continued in Victoria 2. Completed in just ten updates. The first EU3 to V2 AAR to end in 1936.
    Last edited by tamius23; 09-07-2013 at 19:24. Reason: "On hold-ing" two AARs

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Derahan's Inkwell

Can Poland Into Space? A Poland Polandball AAR This is by far my most successful AAR yet and the crown of my work so far ().
    This is about the story of Poland, or inoffically the Adventures of King Polandball is my AAR about Poland in Polandball form, trying to be a little comedy AAR (on hiatus, possible discontinuation due to possible savegame loss).
    Last edited by Derahan; 01-07-2013 at 17:07.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

MastahCheef117's After-Action Reports

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

Indivisible and Inseparable
    Austria-Hungary in The Great War

Austria was founded on the principles of loyalty and power. Austria-Hungary was founded in a desperate time.

Defeat in 1866 at the hands of what were to become their greatest allies, the Germans, forced the emergency creation of Austria-Hungary. For over forty years, she has sat in wait for her time to show the world what she is made of.

Now, it is 1914. Europe, and the world, are in crisis. Francis Ferdinand, heir to the Throne, has been assassinated by a lowly Serbian nationalist. Retribution must be given. It is Austria's time to show the world what she is truly made of.

A history-book AAR following the adventures of Austria's greatest commanders in her struggle for survival, equilibrium, and absolute victory in a world engulfed in war.

Victoria II

Libre, Soberana, y Independiente
    The Storied History of the Central American Navy

The Federal Republic of Central America was born out of the fires of revolution. The Spanish Empire's declining status invoked a rebellion across Latin America. For over a decade, the colonists fought for independence. By 1829, it had been achieved.

Now, the Central American Republic is in poor state. With an underdeveloped military, a collapsing economy, and a relatively "patriotic" people, President Francisco Morazán must unite and gather his people, reverse the bad fortune of his young nation, and bring her to glory, to worldwide renown. To do so, he will need men. He will need ships. He will need a navy.

A narrative/text-book on the creation and expansion of a navy to give a small Central American country a voice in the matters of the world.

Last edited by MastahCheef117; 06-01-2012 at 04:50.
    Mohammad Khan Qajar, Leader of the Qajar Tribe and future Shah of Persia, in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1778
    His Imperial Majesty Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia, in KeldoniaSkylar's A Question of Power
    [18:32:01] <etranger01> At best I can hope for Lesser Satan status
    [21:25:41] <Frymon-[Mailbox]> Obama's policy abroad is like sitting in a corner eating glue
    [21:03:21] <RedNomNoms> Johnson is indeed good at Johnsoning

Cybvep's AARs

I. Black Crusaders - HPP mod Germany 1936 AAR
    Check it here!

This is the first AAR I have ever written. Much to my surprise, it became rather popular. I used the great Historical Plausibility Mod for SF, which makes the game both more realistic and more challenging. It is not, however, very deterministic, which my AAR demonstrates quite clearly, as the war was started over Czechoslovakia in 1941 and the Soviet Union began their path to European domination by attacking Poland and Germany in 1942.

It is a gameplay AAR, but it involves quite a bit of German propaganda, as I gladly boasted about my victories and diminished the importance of my failures. The game was quite challenging for a while, because I gave hefty bonuses for the AI (but no penalties for the player - I hate that!) - there was a time when the Soviet Union had 8000 (!) manpower and outnumbered me greatly. The AAR involves everything from grand encirclements and great naval battles to massive struggles with the logistical situation in the East, which made the AAR feel more epic and seem more plausible. While it was never finished, you can rest assured that it contains plenty of action!

II. Influence Wars - Japan 1936 HPP Interactive AAR
    Check it here!

Another HOI3 AAR utilising HPP mod, but this time it's an interactive one, involving heated discussions and power struggles between the Imperial Japanese Army and the Imperial Japanese Navy. I got the idea for this AAR while contemplating on the RL internal conflicts between the various branches of the military during WWII. Few games try to represent the domestic issues like these ones, so I think that the idea is still quite fresh.

The funny thing is that I play a dual role of the Emperor and the Game Master of sorts, which means that I have to execute the plans created by the Army and the Navy AND find new ways of making the lives of the players miserable (e.g. they don't have access to the save games and I gave the AI various situation-specific bonuses which they do not know of), because we all know that unchallenging games suxx .

Interactive AARs are always hard to classify, but I think that it's best to describe the Influence Wars as a mix of Gameplay and Narrative AAR types. The AAR appeared in the Weekly AAR Showcase on 18th of December and won the AARland Choice AwAARd 2011 in the Favorite Narrative AAR, HoI(1-3) category.

Unfortunately, the AAR had to be stopped after I lost my whole HOI3 folder...

III. Destiny of the Clan Otomo - Sengukuo AAR
    Check it here!

This is my only non-HOI3 AAR for the moment. It is purely a gameplay one and it shows my short-lived but flashy attempt at achieving dominance in feudal Japan. I recommend this one to anyone who loves to read about the player's failures. It appears that the game's AI and mechanics can offer a good challenge if you are playing as a small or medium-sized clan.

There is no fun if there is no chance to lose, right?
    Last edited by Cybvep; 30-07-2012 at 00:56.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Tarabulus (Tripoli, to be specific...), Italy (in Libya, again...)
    Hello. Everyone recognizes me as wzhang29, and I have a handful of AARs, but a few are dead. Here we go...
    DEAD
    *waves Russian flag*
    First and foremost,
    The
    Russian
    Empire

Awards: NONE
    Take 2...
    Watch Britain in WWI! (DEAD because of the Mod file)
    Center of the Caribbean (No attractors)
    ONGOING...
    Avanti
    Italia!

My first HOI3 AAR, and it's... dormant.
    COMPLETE+ALIVE
    Nothing?????
    Last edited by wzhang29; 26-05-2012 at 18:17.
    For the want of a nail the horseshoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horse shoe nail.
    Inkwell
    Senator Sebastian Lender of Georgia, a Democrat in We, the People.
    Assisting with the V2 to HOI3 converter

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Tanzhang's (譚張) Inkwell (硯臺)

Hello everyone, (anyone?)
    Having reached my self-imposed threshold of three AARs before starting an inkwell page (what's the point if you only have one or two AARs?), I believe it is now time for me to start an inkwell. In due time, I'll add content to this page: AwAARds, images, comments on my work, etc. but for now some simple links to my three AARs will suffice.

Thanks for visiting

Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    My first AAR since around 2004 when I tried my hand with the Wittlebach Dynasty in EU2. This time back with a Welsh tale of adventure in CK2. Edit: trying out The Old Gods with CK+ 2.063 with a bookmarked opening

The House of Wittelsbach With CK2Plus ver .24 and patch 1.04 abandoned

The House Of Mathrafal: A Welsh Adventure abandoned

For Greater Glory: The House of Wittlesbach
    Last edited by Scott1964; 14-02-2014 at 15:44. Reason: more info
    Its basically....Beta-patches will be for computer-literate people.

Tax this dude into space!

For Greater Glory: The House of Wittlesbach
    The Royal House of Bavaria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast