• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bafflegab said:
Curiously, you mentioned that you write for TV...
Well... perhaps a more honest word would be "wrote". The studio has closed, and I'm currently doing odd jobs. Once you've worked in show-business, EVERYTHING else is just an "odd job". If I might be permitted to sound rather melodramatic: show-business isn't something you do... it's something you ARE.

I've worked on dozens of projects, if not a hundred or more... eighteen years worth. Probably the best-known thing that I worked on intensively was "Untalkative Bunny" with Graham Falk, one of the Ren-and-Stimpy guys. I was hired for eight bucks an hour, to stand there feeding the artists' drawings into a scanner. Within two months, I was getting doubled wages for choreographing the whole series... timing actions, poses and scenes, changing camera angles, adding and cutting scenes and poses, re-arranging material, and writing inserts or even entire shows (I wrote their Easter special, for instance). Within another two months, Graham had tripled my wages and signed over some of his own royalties to me, because he felt that I was carrying enough of the burden to deserve a cut.

Good times... good times.

Laurwin said:
dont forget that you can change ministers in '36!
I've already played ahead to summer 1939. I put in Gurtner and Schact, switching in Buch and Doenitz when they became available later on.

There wasn't much point in getting a construction bonus on Armor... the research strategy I adopted put me so far behind in that field that I've still only got three Armored Divisions built by summer 1939.

blue emu said:
robably the best-known thing that I worked on intensively was "Untalkative Bunny" with Graham Falk, one of the Ren-and-Stimpy guys. I was hired for eight bucks an hour, to stand there feeding the artists' drawings into a scanner. Within two months, I was getting doubled wages for choreographing the whole series... timing actions, poses and scenes, changing camera angles, adding and cutting scenes and poses, re-arranging material, and writing inserts or even entire shows (I wrote their Easter special, for instance). Within another two months, Graham had tripled my wages and signed over some of his own royalties to me, because he felt that I was carrying enough of the burden to deserve a cut.

just checked wikipedia and what did i see?

Other recurring characters include:

* Squirrel: An orange Squirrel, who frequently pays visits to Bunny, and lives in the wild (as far as a city allows, such as city parks), but still with all the affordable modern comforts. He is sometimes accompanied with his son and daughter.
* Emu: A grumpy, frustrated cantankerous blue emu who usually puts Bunny in bad situations.
* Friendly Friend: An unknown creature who usually annoys Bunny.
* Beaver: A beaver with the latest trends. His favorite sport is hockey.
now, who was first? ;)

Nice! I'll have to go back and check-out some episodes on You-Tube or something. New knowledge gives a different perspective.

Knowing nothing about the tech and equipment changes for the Mod-34, I am definitely intrigued about the uber-rocket-weaopn that you are about to unleash. This is definitely going to be a different Barbarossa without vast amounts of armour. I guess we'll be seeing the subplot of "Is militia useless?" played through in this as well...

Manziel said:
now, who was first? ;)
Yup... my Forum nick is from the grumpy, frustrated, cantankerous, bad-tempered bird in our show. It suits me, yes?

I wonder what your special secret weapon against the enemy will be... Maybe me-262s? :eek:

nukes? nah, theres too many techs for that, so early in the game, lots of the nuke techs are also hard to research, but its good that they also give a research bonus when finished

Well, surely from what I know about the mod, from my first test game, is that the waffen-ss troops will truly be formidable.

Have you already renamed the aforementioned divisions, maybe Germania, Deutschland and there something else but I can't remember anymore. *googles, Der Führer it was!*

Werent' they all regiments IRL though, in the beginning of the war in poland?

I wonder if there's events for SS panzer divisions also :eek: , following the same logic they would definitely be über, but I dont think that they will start as panther II- divisions initially. If you already got 'em, don't spoil the surprise :eek:

Awsome AAR, I will be following this. :D
And I see that you are going for a sub heavy fleet just like the germans had in RL, I bet it will be put to good use by your superior analytical skills. ;)

I wonder what your special secret weapon against the enemy will be... Maybe me-262s? :eek:

nukes? nah, theres too many techs for that, so early in the game, lots of the nuke techs are also hard to research, but its good that they also give a research bonus when finished

Well, surely from what I know about the mod, from my first test game, is that the waffen-ss troops will truly be formidable.

Have you already renamed the aforementioned divisions, maybe Germania, Deutschland and there something else but I can't remember anymore. *googles, Der Führer it was!*

Werent' they all regiments IRL though, in the beginning of the war in poland?

I wonder if there's events for SS panzer divisions also :eek: , following the same logic they would definitely be über, but I dont think that they will start as panther II- divisions initially. If you already got 'em, don't spoil the surprise :eek:

I have a question:
When you research all of the research techs and all of the industrial techs, what is the net research modifier?

Nice updates, though.

Chaing and Stalin have been very silent lately.

Japan hasen't even said anything at all.

I think a more internationalist voice would be awesome.

Anyways, this is one of the more funny AAR's I have ever read, keep it up!

Suscribed....It made laught all the way during my class on Russia involvement in WW2....like I don't it all now :rofl:

ColossusCrusher said:
I have a question:
When you research all of the research techs and all of the industrial techs, what is the net research modifier?
There are 670 techs, so I haven't added the modifiers all up. I'm sure it would be strongly positive, though, not negative... players aren't expected to actually research all the techs, after all. I doubt that there's really time to do so.

ColossusCrusher said:
Nice updates, though.
Thanks. I'm having fun.

I'll be working on another update soon, to take us into the usual 1936+ period. Hopefully, some critical questions will soon be answered...

Will Avenol ever realize that he's playing a war-game? Will Hitler get his Wehrmacht Death Machine finished before the Danzig crisis? Will von Falkenhausen choke on his noodles? Will the Japanese player ever say anything? Will he carry out his threats to attack Chiang? If he does, will Hitler ruthlessly abandon Chiang as soon as it looks like he's losing? Does a bear shit in the woods?

Stay tuned...

von Falkenhausen better not choke on his noodles, he is like the only good officer Chaing has.

Just found this, and I love it. Brilliant stuff! :D

Thank you for writing this, but I would really appreciate it if you made a table of contents in one of your first posts. It's really annoying to have to read through 2 pages of comments on popular AARs before getting to the next update.

But I'm subscribed regardless. :)

Amazing work :rofl: keep 'em coming. But I want to see more Stalin!

blue emu said:
Hitler (Germany): What kind of help?

Chiang (Nationalist China): I’ll need help, like... digging them out of the ground. To start with.
Too rich :rofl:

I've discovered this AAR and I can't stop laughing with it :rofl: :rofl: .

Awesome dialogues. Obviously I subscribe to "The Game".

Keep up the good work :D

PS: All who play the Mod34 I think that really will enjoy it.

Discomb said:
... I would really appreciate it if you made a table of contents in one of your first posts.
Done.