• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so when will we see our precious Racketenkampfhubschrauberbewegung (RkKpfHbsrbrBwg)divisions in action? I am getting restless. Even the name is so cool..

you will complete the satellite subtree and space program soon too, right? pretty please :)

Working on the winter '39-'40 update, but it's pretty tough slogging, since not much is happening... perhaps I should just skip ahead to the main action: Summer '40 Barbarossa?

blue emu said:
Working on the winter '39-'40 update, but it's pretty tough slogging, since not much is happening... perhaps I should just skip ahead to the main action: Summer '40 Barbarossa?
Whatever works best for you. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for you to write a quality update.

For what it's worth, in an AAR of this style I don't think there's much need for completeness - if the game isn't suggesting humorous dialogue there's no point trudging through it anyway.

(Hitler - Germany) 'Somebody throw a pie or something, for god's sake!'

:)

I'm waiting impatiently for an upgrade, but quality is the most important!

About the research rate: in my Italy game I decided tot push for all the techs i'm interested in, until i had to research industrial techs. This worked out pretty well, in '39 I had a very advance fleet with advanced pocketbattleship and lvl 3 cruisers. This fleet already kicked french and english ##. But in '41 I had semi-pro Infantry and all my cruisers where lvl 6, with an inf org of 98 and an positioning for CL an CA of about 75min -110max. ATM i'm trying to top this with the germans..

It's your AAR, man -- if it isn't fun to write, then move on to the good stuff. I bet you could do a quick gameplay update on the winter and satifsy our curiosity sufficiently. I bet you took Yugoslavia, Denmark and Norway; picked up some alliances in the Balkans; but my question is: did you roll through Spain?

-- Beppo

I am with beppo. Though I am interested in the mod 34 mechanics, especially the tech tree. We all read this for the fun of the story, advance the story :)

Hitler (Germany): OK... time to clean up the map a little... all these funky Orange and Green colors are giving me eye-strain.

DoWLux.jpg

DoWDutch.jpg

FallWeserubung.jpg

Avenol (League of Nations): Oh my God... where will it end? Do you intend to attack EVERY other country in the world, Mr. Hitler?

Hitler (Germany): Of course not. You’ve heard that old saying: “Good fences make good neighbours”? Well... it seems to me that the Atlantic, Pacific, Mediterranean and Indian Oceans would make pretty good fences. Anyone on the other side of them can think of me as a good neighbour.

Stalin (USSR): The Pacific? WTF?

Hitler (Germany): Sorry... just a slip of the tongue.

Wilhelmina (Holland): I didn’t want to live near you, anyway. Java’s a dump... but it’s got one big advantage: it’s almost as far away from YOU as it’s possible to BE.

Hitler (Germany): Go play with the monkeys, Wilhelmina. There! That looks a little better...

ChannelCoast.jpg

Stalin (USSR): Well... since we’re cleaning up the map... hey Ryti! You’ve got some of my cores. Hand them over.

Ryti (Finland): Not a chance, Stalin... they’re my cores, too. You can’t push us around.

Stalin (USSR): I mean it, Ryti... you give me my cores, or I’ll come and take them!

Ryti (Finland): If you’ve got the balls, then go for it... but don’t forget your fuzzy hat and mittens. If I were you, I’d be more concerned about your neighbour Adolf, instead.

Hitler (Germany): Don’t sweat over that... we’ve got a NAP.

Apr40_EF.jpg

Stalin (USSR): That’s right.

USSRDoWFinns.jpg

Hitler (Germany): Well, that should keep Uncle Joe busy for a while... sheesh! Why is my TC load so high already?

TC_Load_Apr40.jpg

Partisans_Copen.jpg

Hitler (Germany): Jeez... these Partisans are going nuts... they’re over 40% everywhere! Will you guys just CHILL OUT?

Mihailovic (Yugoslavia): Speaking of chillin’, Adolf... My dudes have decided that they don’t want to help you conquer the world after all. Sorry... but count us out.

Hitler (Germany): WHAT? Nobody walks out on ME, Mihailovic! You’re gonna find youself looking up the wrong end of a Nibble-Whoosher, pal!

Mihailovic (Yugoslavia): Well... if you’re really sure you want a bunch more Partisans... I’ve got lots.

Hitler (Germany): ... mmmm... now that’s a tough choice. I don’t want to let you get away with bailing out of the Axis... but I don’t want your friggin’ Partisans, either. I’ll have to get back to you on that one, OK?

Mihailovic (Yugoslavia): Take your time.

Hitler (Germany): Thanks.

I wonder if Hitler will take the partisans or not......find out next week? :p

Seems like Hitler sure is doing all he can to uphold the NAP with Soviet Union......wait was that 100 divisions I saw a bit behind the german lines?
I wonder what they are doing there. ;)

Yugoslavia is doomed

Delex said:
Is that a cool update or what? And thanks god not Tojo speaking lol.

Well, that's one thing I _really_ want: Mooooore Tojo!

/Bananas

Whoooo! Guilt free commenting ahoy!

That Mihailovic has some cojones, huh? I forsee a grand future for him in the Heer :) Also, if Wilhelmina thought Hitler was bad, wait 'til she meets the new neighbours!

Sad that Stalin cannot spot those stacks. They ought to be casting a shadow over Moscow already by the looks of things.

Jon Young said:
Sad that Stalin cannot spot those stacks. They ought to be casting a shadow over Moscow already by the looks of things.
If I remember the AI files properly, the AI reacts to all units within a given number of days' travel behind the front lines. I guess 1 province is enough in this case, or the Soviets haven't had time to ship their new border guards over from Siberia.

Stalin and I do indeed have a Non-Aggression Pact. It times out in... let's see...

Code:
    treaty = { 
        id = { type = 16384 id = 58 } 
        type = non_aggression 
        country = "GER" 
        country = "SOV" 
        startdate = { 
            year = 1935 
            month = december 
            day = 29 
            hour = 0 
            } 
        expirydate = { 
            year = 1940 
            month = april 
            day = 29 
            hour = 0 
            } 
        cancel = yes 
        }

... three more days.

Of course, I'll still have to wait for the ground to harden. Call it three weeks.