• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ok

Suppressing the revolt in Corfu took two months, but after that peace was restored.

Rebcorfu1.jpg

In February 1456 I decide to warn Wallacia and Novgorod so they are aware that if they attack any of their neighbours of the right faith, We will avenge them for attacking good catholic nations.

A great sorrow struck our realm in July the same year. Our beloved Bishop was summoned home to God and Nicholas II assended the throne Of Malta. We also tried to offer Riga to join us in our quest for the Holy Land but they were not keen to even negotiate with us.

NickII.jpg

To enable us to convert the Orthodox in our vicinity we ask Silesia and Hungary for military access in October 1456, which they grant us. Silesia borders us to the west and Hungary to the north.

Bohemia realises the same month that they want the protection of God and offer us an alliance.

Bohemia.jpg

To be able to assist The Teutonic Order if they get attacked I ask Scottland (north of us) for military access, which they grant us. God might not approve of this move since some of their provinces are not of the true Faith. (April 1457)

Scottland.jpg

Since Brittany and Albania is not totally committed to Catholosism, we warn them too not to attack their catholic neighbours (October 1457). Poland recives the same diplomatic message in November 1457.

February 1458 brings good news to The Knights. Our stability reaches -2

Stab-2.jpg

Finally, in June 1558 we get our first National Idea. I chose QFTNW so we can find and liberate Jerusalem for the Pope!

QFTNW2.jpg

God must think that we are not getting on with our Holy Mission. In December 1458 Corfu revolts again and our loans needs to be repaying. The end of 1458 does not look good for the Knights. To help restore order, Nichoas II exchanges his crosier for the sword.

Korfutwo.jpg

The rebellion is strong, We must have angered God, it is not over until September 1459.

I never said we were good at economics. We are warrior Knights not Knight bankers!

To convert the orthodox kingdoms north east of me, I used my money to buy mercenaries. With hindsite that was very stupid of me!

God is not smiling on this AAR. I managed to delete some of the screenies I was due to put up today. Have managed to restore some of them.

The civil war with the Greek minority takes nine months to quench and also almost drives our realm to the brink of bankruptcy. Where is the Banker of God when you need him?

Korfu2end.jpg

After the civil war ended Nicholas II decides it is time to build up a domestic army and get rid of the mercenaries so we can send out explorers to retake the lost City of Jerusalem. The last two foreign regiments are disbanded.

In June 1460, the Bishop of Liege asks for military access. We grant them this since they are a good Catholic country.

The Greek minority in our realm is still not happy being under the rule of the True Faith and revolt against us in September 1460. But not all is dome and gloom. Burgundy joins us in our quest for the Holy Land.

Burgundy.jpg

God smiles on The Knights in November 1460 and our stability reaches -1.

-1.jpg

Leinter requested that we joined them in their war against Brittany which we happily would have done but due to the civil war we had to decline.

In January 1461 there seems to be a world war going on my continent. The knights were asked to join in due to the rebellious Greek minority we had to stay out of it. As a result of this our prestige has reached an all time low! The war seemed to be a two front war caused the OPM Mazovia (the green coutry on the map). On one side they were involved with Silesia, Bohemia and Hungary and on the other side Poland and Hesse. Mazovia did not survive this war and is now a part of Poland. And before this we had the War between Brittany, Leinster and Connacht.

wwi.jpg

To our great sorrow, archbishop Nicholas II dies during the second Greek Civil war (January 1461). He will be remembered for his economic reforms and the stability he brought to our realm. May God rest his soul. In his place Johannes Baptista I rose to the throne.

JBI.png

The records of the Knights between January 1461 and April 1463 have mostly been destroyed by the Orthodox rebels (Also know as Idiot deleting the wrong files). During this time Johannes Baptista managed to end the second Civil war but a third one started in Athens sometime in the beginning of 1462.

Civwar3.jpg

In November 1462 Johannes Baptista I dies and is succeeded by Johannes Baptista II who many believed to be the previous archbishops son due to their close relationship in life and the name Johannes Baptista II took on being elevated to the throne. This disturbed the realm so much that the stability fell to -2

The third civil war was ended by Johannes Baptista II in April 1463. Hopefully this means we can concentrate on recruiting a explorer and set sail to rediscovered the Holy Land which has been lost to Christianity for hundred of years.

EndcivIII.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday the 4 of May 1463 is a glorious day for our nation. We recruited our first explorer
xplorere.jpg

His first find is the country of Yemen followed by Japan

Yemen.jpg

Japan.jpg

But no sighting of the Holy Land

Our economy takes a hit in November 1463, because we need to renew our loans to The Teutonic Order.

In January 1464 we get a call to arms from our trusty ally The Teutonic order. We accept since they are, like us, defenders of the true faith. Scotland, England and Lithuania will regret the day they attacked one of God's chosen Nations!

WArTO.jpg

Fijj said:
I tould you you were going to bankrupet.

But you never listen to the Demi-God of Banking anymore... :(
:rofl: you are the one that wrote the FAQ

And The Knights should of listened to the demi-mod of trading, so they would of had more income.

Anyways, what you need to do is to lay low. Don't do anything. I know it sounds boring, but this seems to be the only way you can dig yourself out of this whole. (that or having your enemy hand over 50 ducats for peace)

Our first attempt to fight the Scots fail. We loose the battle of Salonica.

Warscotland.jpg

The Scots swarm over out boarder and attacks our province of Athens.
(looking at the war overview thingy we should count us lucky if we survive this)

Our diplomats try to get us out of this war very early on before we have done any major losses but the Scots say no.

We try to defeat the Scots but they are very strong and throw us back. In August they attack us in our province of Corfu but we defeat them! Glory to God!

Scotsoutofcorfu.jpg

The battle continues into September with more and more Scots attacking but we stand strong and the Scots back off. The moment of glory is shortlived as the Greek minority in Corfu rises against us.

We also get a call to arms from Bohemia who are embroiled in a war with Poland. We decline as we cant afford to fight a two front war with both Poland and Scotland-England-Lithuania.

BohemiavsPoland.jpg

In October 1464 our stability reaches -1 mid war. We are still trying to defeat Scotland in Athens but are beaten off.

stab-1.jpg

At the same time The Teutonic Order signs a peace deal and becomes a vassal of Scotland. They will pay for this in blood! Sadly our mind is strong but our army weak. We lost Athens to the Scots. We are also under attack in Morea. Lithuanian has landed a fleet there whilst we were slogging it out with the Scots. God seems to have forgotten the Knights.

Lossofathens.jpg

We try to end the war by offering the Scots Athens but they turn it down. After this they attack us in Corfu again but we win. We send off our army to liberate Morea from Lithuania.

Savingcorfuandmorea.jpg

At the end of the year we are on the brink of bankruptcy but we still fight on. We manage to scrape through to the end of the year without economic collapse.

The Scots starts the new year by attacking us in Crofu and they defeat us. It is like David and Goliath but in reverse. Corfu is now in the hands of the Scots.
DAvidvsgoliath.png

To stop us going the same way as the noble Teutonic Order we offer Scotland Athens and Corfu and they accept. We can just hope that they will be as rebellious under Scotland as they were us. We curse Scotland and hope the plagues of Egypt will torment them for attacking a righteous catholic country!

50loss.jpg

The Knights have been severely beaten and lost 50% of its realm but at least we are still independent and can continue our quest for the Holy Land. May the rest of 1467 be a good one.

*Ouch*

Well at least you survived. Though how to go from here, I don't know. Your economy is in ruins, and your expansion has been stopped. What I would do to be in your situation :D

This game is going down very fast...
Ok, well try to focus on maybe moving contients. :p
Acually, seriously, you need to get some more land elseware and build up your fleet as the Scots have none (I assume)
Then, you can control the war, by putting your troops in the back of the Scots (with transport) and maybe you can regain your provances.

Eco wise, almost nothing you can do this earily.

Last edited: