+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: In Search of Jerusalem (A random map AAR)

In Search of Jerusalem (A random map AAR)

This is my first attempt to an AAR so lets see how it goes.

I am playing the Knights NA 2.2 and using Nom's Random map mod (0.4.1), which can be found here

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=327843

My game plan is to retake Jerusalem and the Holy land and donate it to the Pope. I will try to convert all infidels I come across by invading them and then converting them. I will only go to war with Catholic countries if I am dragged into the war via an alliance and not on my own accord (I hope I will be able to keep this one).

I will also try to become an ally of the Pope and use my other allies in my crusade to find and retake Jerusalem.

Expect it to be wars, wars and more wars. Hopefully I will survive long enough to find Jerusalem before someone crushes me.

This is my neck of the world at the start of the game.

Jerusalem is (due to some fluke with the mod) lost in the mist of times and I only know it is located somewhere west of my continent.

As can be seen on this map, some of my neighbours needs to be converted to the true faith.

During my first year The Teutonic order becomes my ally but the Papacy rejects my offer of an alliance.

To convert my neighbours to the true faith I recruit some mercenaries and take first Morea and then Athens.

When my economy will allow it I'll go after Trebizond (sp) NE of my country.

If someone knows how to extract a world map from this mod please tell. I would like to be able to post a map of the know world.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Very interesting, I really like this mod and the results it may produce in the game, I'll be following
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Wow! I have never seen an AAR like this. With the random map it seems the holy lands could be in the artic for all we know.

Very interesting and good luck!
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

What a fascinating idea! A Great Quest AAR!

I'll keep tabs on this.

Thanks!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

First Lieutenant ProffessorEGADD's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Agreed! Never seen something like this before!!! Will stay tuned!!!

Thanks! I do know roughly where the Holy Land is but this mod has put it in Terra Incognita for some reason. As soon as I get my first national idea, I will start looking for it. Meanwhile I will continue to convert my neighbours to the true faith and build myself an Ark for my army.

Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

This is pretty cool looking. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Petty Officer Mendez
    Remember: You don't win unless your team wins. One person winning at the expense of the group means that you lose.

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Crazy looking map, can we see a screenshot of the whole world?

Good luck, surviving as Jerusalem would be even harder in a new world.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Here is a map I have manage to extract from the game

The Knights are in the upper left hand corner (yellow continent) and Judea is somewhere on the continent west of if it (Burgundy).
    Last edited by Sweboy; 15-04-2008 at 19:30. Reason: more info

That is amazing and much more of a logistical nightmare for any would-be mariners.

It looks like the Knights and Judea are situated on the largest contiguous continents. Their lack of width and length could make conquering easier but there's also the issue of everyone being on the coast. It makes for good trade but could be hazardous if you anger someone who isn't afraid to load up the transports and pay you a visit.

This looks like a fun map!

I did play a bit more last night and to my great surprise Trebizond declared war on me. It was an easy morsel for the mighty Knights of Malta but I my silly ass forgot to save it. I have the pics but not the save. Have reconstructed the war.

To be continued...

In November Trebizond decides it would be a good idea to attack me. As expected this ended in tears for them. With God on our side we annexed them in March 1454.

But all was not well within the Knighthoods realm. The three wars during the last year has driven our realm to the brink or ruin. We have taken five loans from our ally The Teutonic order. They should know that simony is a sin...

The Knights tried to recruite Transulvania as an ally in our quest of the Holy Land in May 1454, but they rejected us. God will punish them for their folly!

In December we are offered two alliances. First the bishopric of Mainz joins us in our holy quest and then Hungary.

God has also punished Transylvania for rejecting us. First the became a minor to Silesia mid war with Bohemia, who annexed them for their sins.

After a rather uneventful year The Greeks revolted against our rule. God will punish them severely for this madness (plus I cant afford to pay 30 ducats for the other option)

Here is a glimpse of my neighbours in the east.

great, i hope you keep on playing this game!

Should probably mention that Tranylvania was the white country just under the alliance notice and Hungary the nation above it. Silesia is the country west to my heartland.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Your world looks extremely weird

I wonder what you will make of this situation.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

That is one crazy map, I have got to try that mod.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Tryed the mod, never worked for me. But it doesn't matter now! I can just read your mod and notice how much fun I'm missing.

Are you using vista? If you are remove the d3d9.dll and it runs fine.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    nope, Xp.
    The system works and such, just when I start EU3, when I pick a nation on the map, it shows a outline of Earth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast