+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Deleting old Saved Games

  1. #1
    Colonel KLorberau's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    928

    Deleting old Saved Games

    Hi all,

    Been playing for a while (addicted more like it) but I seem to have forgotten how to delete old saved games. I thought you just went into the saved game file and deleted them. When I go there, nothing is in the file itself, even though I have approx 10 different saved games (playing as Germany, USSR, Italy, Japan, and England).

    Seems to me that there should be an easier way of just right clicking on the saved game list to delete them ....

    Any ideas ??

    KLorberau
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

    PM Winston Churchill

    Fan of the Week November 14, 2012
    Fan of the Week. April 8, 2013

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by KLorberau
    Hi all,

    Been playing for a while (addicted more like it) but I seem to have forgotten how to delete old saved games. I thought you just went into the saved game file and deleted them. When I go there, nothing is in the file itself, even though I have approx 10 different saved games (playing as Germany, USSR, Italy, Japan, and England).

    Seems to me that there should be an easier way of just right clicking on the saved game list to delete them ....

    Any ideas ??

    KLorberau
    You need to delete them from the HOI2->scenarios->save games folder. Is this the one you say has nothing in it?

  3. #3
    Colonel KLorberau's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    928
    Yes....I have deleted games from Saved Folder before, but when I installed it on my new computer, I can't seem to find them in there....very strange....

    KLorberau


    Quote Originally Posted by sbr
    You need to delete them from the HOI2->scenarios->save games folder. Is this the one you say has nothing in it?
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

    PM Winston Churchill

    Fan of the Week November 14, 2012
    Fan of the Week. April 8, 2013

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by KLorberau
    Yes....I have deleted games from Saved Folder before, but when I installed it on my new computer, I can't seem to find them in there....very strange....

    KLorberau
    Does your new computer run Vista?

  5. #5
    Resident Iranien Fanatic
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by sbr
    Does your new computer run Vista?
    You really should have asked that question from the beginning

    Apperently vista thinks the save files are configurations files, and thus doesn´t display them to you.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by White Daimon
    You really should have asked that question from the beginning

    Apperently vista thinks the save files are configurations files, and thus doesn´t display them to you.
    I don't know anything about Vista I just remembered this being a problem after reading his last response.

  7. #7
    Colonel KLorberau's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    928
    Yes my new computer has Vista.....the game plays well.....but the saved games are not in the saved game folder.....so, any ideas how to delete them??

    KLorberau
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

    PM Winston Churchill

    Fan of the Week November 14, 2012
    Fan of the Week. April 8, 2013

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Colonel KLorberau's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    928
    Thanks,

    I hate messing with computer programming....I always think I'm gonna screw it up.....but I may try it...

    KLorberau
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

    PM Winston Churchill

    Fan of the Week November 14, 2012
    Fan of the Week. April 8, 2013

  10. #10
    Wouldn't it be simpler to jsut upgrade to XP?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC9
    Wouldn't it be simpler to jsut upgrade to XP?
    AFAIK the move to Vista was an upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts