• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congo said:
Im a student of Politic Science at the UBA...this kind of things are considered fascism there! XD
Well...we are in a Forum, where buttraping the world with fascist Germany and then make jokes about it is perfectly ok.
So I see no problem here either :)

Congo said:
Im a student of Politic Science at the UBA...this kind of things are considered fascism there! XD
Congo: I guess UBA stands for University of Buenos Aires. Well I study politics and history at the Alberto-Ludovicana in Freiburg. And first I was pretty shocked that you would consider me a fascist but I don't understand on which part you are referring to.

hasskugel: Yepp I'm playing with Revolutions and the VIP:R 0.1 mod.

Treppe said:
Congo: I guess UBA stands for University of Buenos Aires. Well I study politics and history at the Alberto-Ludovicana in Freiburg. And first I was pretty shocked that you would consider me a fascist but I don't understand on which part you are referring to.

hasskugel: Yepp I'm playing with Revolutions and the VIP:R 0.1 mod.

No no no no no no :)

Im not telling you fascist in RL, but those actions you are making in the game would be considered by current commies students at my Univ as fascism, is that they are always critizcising Argentine histroy and compare almost everything as fascism!

but those actions you are making in the game would be considered by current commies students at my Univ as fascism, is that they are always critizcising Argentine histroy and compare almost everything as fascism!
Yes the humanity in UBA is terrible! i'm studing agronomy in Balcarce... The politics are totally out!
The AAR is exellent!! Yours events are really good.
Get ready the Empire will attack with a few badboy. And they make many units in a few time. What is the difficult level now?

This game are impel me to continue my forgotten argentinian AAR.

I was checking out all of the Vicky AARs and I just noticed this one, its great! I look forward to continued updates, and of course the defeat of the confederation! :D

Congo: I'm very eased that it all was just a missunderstanding. :) And I know exactly what you mean when you're talking about commie student.

Juan_chaca: Thanks Juan. I would be pleased if you continue your AAR so I could see how you (as a native argentinean) handle things.

Quanto: The defeat of the Confederation is mandatory :)

Update will be up in the next two hours. And it will contain lots of pictures.

Last edited:
Libertad o Muerte! Pt. III - 1838

1838headergy1.jpg

Palacio Presidencial - Buenos Aires

"They did what?" Rosas shouted in disbelief and repeated himslef. "They did what?" his voice was trembling with anger. "They can't declare peace out of a sudden!" Rosas shouted. Foreign minister Arana, the one he was shouting at, stayed calm and answered "But they did. And if we deny the peacedeal we would be internationally corrupted and we will be looked at as ferocious aggressors. Which we aren't, are we?". "No we're not. But we could not tolerate an autonoumus bolivian nation. These territories are argentinean!" Rosas replied angrily. "I know the difficulties of the situation we are in but it would be the best choice to accept the peace deal for now." Arana proposed. Rosas looked up from his military maps: "We accept the peace. For now."
1838perubolivianwarendxc7.jpg

The war against the Bolivian-Peruvian Confederation ends with the dissolution of the confederation but without any territorial gains for Chile and Argentina. Lima was within eyespot of the Argentinean Army when peace was concluded. The newly recruited 2. Cav. Div. didn't saw any action at the frontlines.

Dear beloved friend,
It's a pleasure to hear from you again. Things are going very nice lately. Academic circles, reading clubs and intellectual societies are popping out of the ground like mushrooms. Things have changed a much at the university it seems that the professor aren't any longer controlled by the Mazurka. It's like you could breathe more freely and that you can smell with any breath the scent of liberty. I hope this development will continue for a long a time. Hopefully we get another university were future generations of young men could be enlightened. Are there any efforts to found a university at Montevideo? It would be a great place for sure. Perhaps you could bring such a consideration to the governors mind, couldn't you?
[...]
Sincerely yours,
Emilio Estevez

1838innenpolitik1oe8.jpg

Academic life was blossoming like never before and the 'Universidad de Buenos Aires' became more and more important and a place where one could feel the heartbeat of the nation.

President de Rosas was smiling brightly as he read the newest reports of the Mazurka. The director of his secret service seemed to be a really brilliant man. He accomplished it to oppress the opposition further by the mere introduction of the moustache as a sign of loyalty to the gouvernment. Rosas was glad that the Mazurka had the situation under control. It seemed that he hadn't to worry about a rebellion in the near future.
1838innenpolitik2ch7.jpg

Left: The moustache became a widespread sign of President de Rosas supporters.
Right: No new tariffs were imposed because a) we have enough money and b) Montevideo is our harbour.

The foreign affairs needed much more his attention. The governor of Calingasta demands his support in a rather unimportant border conflict with the chilean province of La Serena. Perhaps it would be necessary to send out some troops to control the border and some diplomats for negotiations. Maybe this conflict could be solved without bloodshed.
1838borderdisputeaq0.jpg

The rather negligible border dispute in the La Serena area became a national affair when gold was discovered in the disputed area.

Parade ground - Buenos Aires

The newly composed "Marcha del Cacador" thundered through the streets as the last line infantry regiment arrived at the parade ground. The military band stopped playing and as the last tones fainted General Gutierrez gave the command to present the arms: "Generalcaptain I report all regiments lined up complete. They are ready to serve the needs of our nation and people and are awaiting your orders."
Generalcaptain (and President) de Rosas assumed command and ordered to lower the arms. A rather long speech followed where the Generalcaptain honoured the fallen soldiers and praised the survivors for their bravery and toughness which allowed to carry away the victory. As he ended the crowd cheered so hard that he could feel the earth trembling beyond his feet. As the crowd silenced Generalcaptain de Rosas walked across the plaza right to him. "General Gutierrez, for your extraordinary braver espacially for your daring venture straight into the enemies heartland I appoint you "Hero of the United Provinces" and "Defender of the Nation"." The crowd cheered and then de Rosas presented him his sabre: "Keep your arm strong and your sword sharp and you won't have to fear any enemy." As the crowd cheered again he whispered: "Mark my words. I guess you'll need your sword earlier than you might have thought."
1838militaryparadeyk7.jpg

With a great military parade the victory over Brazil, Uruquay and Bolivia-Peru was celebrated. Every member of this campaigns from the common soldier to the commanding generals were honoured.

I'm not a poet and I only understand a dozen words of spanish so please forgive me that I leave you without a comment to this screenshot.
1838forschungfg5.jpg

In the late 1830s the era of romanticism began in Argentina. Unlike european romanticism the argentinean one was shaped by the motif of the sweet death for ones fatherland: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." - Horaz

"Telegrafico del norte" Newspaper - Miranda

Miranda. In the early morning the Ramirez sulfur mine caught fire and burned down to its walls. Four miners died in the flames. Another 23 were severly wounded. The investigating police officers assume that it was malicious arsonry but so far the police don't has a suspect. This newspaper got some secret informations where as the arsonists are presumably brazilian rebels who laid fire to harm Argentinas industry. Miners as well as the citizens of Miranda are crying for vengenace and "bastard" is one of the nicer comments you can hear about brazilians today in the streets of miranda.
1838sulfurminesonfirewa1.jpg

On September the 17th a large fire devastated the sulfur mines of miranda. Many newspapers suspected an act of brazilian cruelty and trickiness.

"Presidente the chileans won't back off. I negotiated with them in a very friendly way. I offered them compensation. I even threatened them. But they aren't moving a single inch." Aranda told President de Rosas.
"So we won't. Perhaps we have to make that more visible." Rosas answered and looked for a long moment at a portrait of San Martin before he said:
"Send Gutierrez to the chilean border, send in the cavalry!"
1838chileanwar1wg1.jpg

During the entire summer tensions were rising in the border area and during september the hostilities slowly evolved to a full fledged war.

Only hours later the chilean government declared war. The inevitable happened. Rosas knew he couldn't give in without losing his face and the support of serveral governors. It was the same in the case of his opponent for sure. Well, Chile opened just another round and Argentina was prepared for the dance. And de Rosas was willing to win if he was forced to fight. He put on his gloves, his horse and a whole war was waiting for him.
1838chileanwar2fo6.jpg

After the chilean declaration of war the Piratini Republic immediately offered their support. By the end of October an elite regiment under the command of the wellknown warhero General Garibaldi and an entire infantry divison were enhancing the argentinean defence efforts.

1838chileanwar3ng9.jpg

Left: In the autumn of 1838 the general staff introduced the principles of clausewitzian tactics and strategies in the army. This enhanced primarily the organisation and supply structure.
Right: At the end of the year the Argentinean Army made a few gains in northern Chile. The infantry occupied the gold mines in the La Serena Province while the cavalry was pursuing a single chilean infantry divison. The chilean army tried to avoid a decisive battle, a very important aspect of clausewitzian theory, and did little more as to delay the argentinean advance.

Authors note:
Selfmade event: "Generacion del 37". Written by Juan Chaca for his AAR, I only translated it. Picture by me.
Selfmade event: "Gilden Border Dispute"
Selfmade event: "Defensor de la patria"
Selfmade event: "Border Disputes Escalates"

Last edited:
I guess the glorious Argentinean Army will win the war against Chile by the end of the next year and thus in the nex update. But the argentinean gouvernment hasn't yet decided what they want as spoils of war.

So I'm asking you my dear readers what Argentina should demand in the peace deal.

I propose one of the following 5 options:
Every option has it's pros and cons and the outcome will be of great importance for the future.
chilepeacedealsfz9.jpg

Depicted are the territorial gains and other gains like 'war indemnities'. The fifth proposal requires a relocation of the chilean capital.

Last edited:
I vote option A.

Option B, give them a chance in the future!

And is "Mazorca", not Mazurka.

The word Mazorca means "Corn" in spanish, but is in fact a play of words, "Mas Horca" (that sounds the same as Mazorca) means "More Hannging" due to the fact that they hannged a lot of enemies.....also.....a way of torture was to use a corn to fuck the enemies by the ass.

I Vote E!!

Treppe said:
I guess the glorious Argentinean Army will win the war against Chile by the end of the next year and thus in the nex update. But the argentinean gouvernment hasn't yet decided what they want as spoils of war.

So I'm asking you my dear readers what Argentina should demand in the peace deal.

I propose one of the following 5 options:
Every option has it's pros and cons and the outcome will be of great importance for the future.
chilepeacedealsfz9.jpg

Depicted are the territorial gains and other gains like 'war indemnities'. The fifth proposal requires a relocation of the chilean capital.

Option C. Chile could come back to haunt you in later years and you might be able to annex them later if you choose. Leaving them too large gives you a competitor for colonization/expansion into Patagonia and a possible safe haven if they join alliances contrary to your own.

The polls are now closed. Thank you for participating!

And here are the final results:

A = 1
B = 2
C = 1
D = 1
E = 2

So I will choose between B and E. You'll see my choice in the next update, which will be hopefully online in the next few hours.