• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info johan, good to know. accomplishing the graphic requirements for games is becoming a pain of encrypted tech details lately for me.

If you run Windows XP/SP2, you will automatically also have DirectX 9.0c ;)

jpd said:
If you run Windows XP/SP2, you will automatically also have DirectX 9.0c ;)

thats not the latest version though.

comagoosie said:
I know this may seem like a stupid question, but does it run smoothly on X10?

Full backwards compatibility with dx9 and below, i believe.

This isn't direct at you, hjarg, but just a general statement for everyone, because it is a bit confusing:

Vista users must still grab the latest DirectX9, even if they have updated Vista with the latest Windows Updates and the latest DirectX10.

Don't ask me why DirectX9 isn't already a part of Vista. It's not like the Vista DVD doesn't have enough room to fit it on there.... :rolleyes:

Tried it on two of my computers with DX10, bluescreen once i click single player button and the screen where you choose faction comes up. Bæng.

Tried it on my old computer, which barley can run Win 3.11 and it works like a charm.

I smell unfinished product :(

Cant be a coincidence it fail to run on both my DX10 computers, one AMD, and one Intel, all up to date with drivers and hardware (me and my sons gaming machines).

IceDust said:
Tried it on two of my computers with DX10, bluescreen once i click single player button and the screen where you choose faction comes up. Bæng.

Tried it on my old computer, which barley can run Win 3.11 and it works like a charm.

I smell unfinished product :(

Cant be a coincidence it fail to run on both my DX10 computers, one AMD, and one Intel, all up to date with drivers and hardware (me and my sons gaming machines).

did you install directx9 on your new pc?

dx10 is a buggy piece of shit that does not include all dx9 features.

Ye, I've installed newest DX9, twice actually. I've even tried the new Nvidia Beta drivers, which didnt work either.

So I rolled back everything, reinstalled the Dec 07 nvidia drivers, newest DX9, and tried again, it worked in the sense I didnt get the same error, now it crashes even before game is starting to load :p

Just pops up a window saying game stopped working properly and is shutting down, etc, etc, yadda, yadda.

I give up, guess I wait a couple of hundred patches on full game and try again :)

spl said:
It won't let me download directx9... :(
I am having the same problem. I was pretty darn sure I had the latest version of DirectX, but apparently I dont. I downloaded the dxwebsetup post above and that went fine, but the program fails when it tries to initialize after I accept the license agreement.

germanpeon said:
I am having the same problem. I was pretty darn sure I had the latest version of DirectX, but apparently I dont. I downloaded the dxwebsetup post above and that went fine, but the program fails when it tries to initialize after I accept the license agreement.
Actually I couldn't even download...It kept going to a random page :confused:

2 things here.

Been using Vista for some time now. Once you install the game/demo right click and go to compatability (from the desk top icon). Click on XP Service pack 2 and save. This has helped me in all my other games on vista. Had a major problem witrh War in the Pacific but this fixed it. Since I don't have the game yet (Pre-Ordered) will have to wait an see if this helps.

Prussian Prince said:
2 things here.

Been using Vista for some time now. Once you install the game/demo right click and go to compatability (from the desk top icon). Click on XP Service pack 2 and save. This has helped me in all my other games on vista. Had a major problem witrh War in the Pacific but this fixed it. Since I don't have the game yet (Pre-Ordered) will have to wait an see if this helps.
Oh geez I really hope this isnt an issue with the real game. :(

germanpeon said:
Oh geez I really hope this isnt an issue with the real game. :(
Vista is a real b*tch with a lot of programs. Hopefully SP1 will deal with this.