Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beta Patch 1.0.3 Beta2 Ready - Update 26/3-08

I just downloaded the game from Gamers Gate. Is it a vanlilla game then og is it running the latest (1.0.2) patch then ? I cannot see it anywhere ingame with a version number or anything.

Hearts of Iron IIILost Empire - Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by DABhand
    Ahh yeah your right, my fault for not reading the manual fully :P
    Err theres a manual?

I just been playing and getting wacked by the lil npc's

I better chk that manual thg then to see how to see uncol planets..err and how to play

Second Lieutenant
    Lost Empire - Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbush
    I just downloaded the game from Gamers Gate. Is it a vanlilla game then og is it running the latest (1.0.2) patch then ? I cannot see it anywhere ingame with a version number or anything.
    It's 1.02.

Second Lieutenant
    Lost Empire - Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by JefA
    Err theres a manual?

If you downloaded it from GG, you should be able to download the PDF from there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wan
    It's 1.02.
    Thanx :-)

Lost Empire - Immortals

Question Huh?

I don't see an uninstaller for the first beta under XP. No problem, I'll just uninstall the entire game, re-install and patch accordingly (and people wonder why I'm so anal about having the CD/DVD copy of the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Kahn
    I don't see an uninstaller for the first beta under XP. No problem, I'll just uninstall the entire game, re-install and patch accordingly (and people wonder why I'm so anal about having the CD/DVD copy of the game).
    Yea I know. That's another reason I'm kinda reluctant on Digital Download. Cause I've gotten games before and the company went out of business later or was bought out. I also try to keep copies of game patches cause some of those old games you know had a patch but you can't find anymore. Not to mention if you wanna go back and play the game again a while later you may not remember your login and PW for that DD site.

You have to choose "show updates" in XP as well. It was there for me.

I can see the first beta patch (1.02-1.03 test version) in add or remove programs, but it says "This update cannot be removed." Any ideas why it can't be removed?

Thanks

Lost Empire - Immortals

Exclamation Nope! Did that!

Quote Originally Posted by raoul mitgong
    You have to choose "show updates" in XP as well. It was there for me.
    Did exactly that, while I can see both the 1.0.0-1.0.2 and the 1.03 beta patches, neither contains a "Remove" function, only Info. Right-clicking doesn't produce the option either.

I'd be interested to know if the option only appears with digital download versions or what. That can tell the devs for instance that the patch is not installing the same for every user.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 104011556303312, Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

"Don't enjoy winning if your not prepared to lose once in a while!"

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Is there a gamers gate 1.03beta 2
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

Do I understand correwctly

This patch goes from 1.02 to 1.03 beta 2 and if I have 1.03 then my game should have all the beta stuff??

Did exactly that, while I can see both the 1.0.0-1.0.2 and the 1.03 beta patches, neither contains a "Remove" function, only Info. Right-clicking doesn't produce the option either.

I'd be interested to know if the option only appears with digital download versions or what. .
    It should be available on both Gamersgate and retail. It is Windows Installer that handle it, so maybe the computer configuration can interfere whith the uninstall feature..

That can tell the devs for instance that the patch is not installing the same for every user
    Not sure what you mean by this

Quote Originally Posted by ETF
    Is there a gamers gate 1.03beta 2
    Just courios, did you read the original post? the link for the gamers gate patch is listed.
    http://updates.polluxgamelabs.com/do....0.3_Beta2.msp
    the http server is not exactly fast so the torrent link might be better:
    http://updates.polluxgamelabs.com/do...3Beta2.torrent

Lost Empire - Immortals

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kenand
    Not sure what you mean by this
    Not being snooty or anything, just exactly what was said, the "patch" obviously does not install the same for all users (knew if I didn't include a pict there would always be some shade of doubt as to my sanity ). Maybe the OS (though my config is fairly average), maybe the differences between DD vs retail (I've seen this to be far more common, any game distributed by Steam is a good example as patches there are never interchangeable), maybe some other condition not tested. If it helps, you already have a fairly detailed idea of my system posted here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=347505 If you need more, I have even more detailed specs available.

Is there an install log that would help? Beta 2 installed exactly the same as beta 1, still no uninstall. Honest!
    Last edited by Kahn; 01-04-2008 at 02:27.

Is there an install log that would help? Beta 2 installed exactly the same as beta 1, still no uninstall. Honest!
    I've got the Gamer'sgate version and I was able to uninstall the patch in add/remove programs. You wouldn't think there'd be a difference between computers for something like that, but obviously for you there is. Go figure.

Lost Empire - Immortals

Cool From experience...

Not having bought the GG version (I have the retail US CD) I'm not familiar with the manner they check the game key, but if they're checking for it at all (which is probably a safe bet), then game versions are different by the fact that one version has to get the key online and not check the CD-ROM drive versus the opposite being true for the retail CD version (just another reason I'm anal in buying the CD version). Usually it turns out the other way round, that the retail CD version works flawlessly with any patches and the download version has problems. Is anyone else that has the CD seeing the uninstall? That would lend more credence that it's a problem with the configuration on my machine than with the design logic of the patch. Seeing how PGL used the VC 2005 redistributable for error reporting, this hypotheses is not so far fetched because I have VC 2008 installed which could very well be intercepting some calls made during installation to the VC 2005 redistributable.

Quote Originally Posted by kenand
    Just courios, did you read the original post? the link for the gamers gate patch is listed.
    http://updates.polluxgamelabs.com/do....0.3_Beta2.msp
    the http server is not exactly fast so the torrent link might be better:
    http://updates.polluxgamelabs.com/do...3Beta2.torrent

I did originally It was not there..........Sorry did not see it was updated. Any idea if this is MP frendly as opposed to 1.03beta.

Thanks
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

I can play multiiplayer wahaaa whaaa whaaaa i want to so badly. I need server adreess and port # for themultiplayer. Please provide one please please please.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast