Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: What to do when game wont start (Works on both XP and Vista)

Did you install the directx off of your game disk?
    Forum rules:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...aq_forum_rules
    Heraldic Armies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eraldic-armies
    Horses Project:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Horses-project

Founder: Paradox Modders International, The Iconians Club 20, 150+ friends association,The Chaapa'ai, 500k Club Social Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Lor Dric View Post
    Did you install the directx off of your game disk?
    I didn't because it said I already had Directx9 from games like Crysis and Order of War. I just installed it from the disk and will edit this post if it works.

edit:
    here is the error

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040273): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040273.
    at Pollux.VideoPlayback.VideoPlayer.InitVMR9(Device device)
    at Pollux.VideoPlayback.VideoPlayer.LoadGraphicsConte nt(Device device, Boolean loadAllContent)
    at g1.a(Boolean A_0, Device A_1)
    at hw.a(Boolean A_0, Device A_1)
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.LoadGraphicsCont ent(Boolean loadAllContent, Device device)
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.OnCreateDevice()
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Initialize(DeviceSettin gs settings, String title, GameState initialState)
    at iu.Main(String[] args)
    Last edited by Xan Krieger; 29-10-2009 at 13:03.

did you patch to 1.0.3 then to 1.0.8?
    Forum rules:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...aq_forum_rules
    Heraldic Armies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eraldic-armies
    Horses Project:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Horses-project

Founder: Paradox Modders International, The Iconians Club 20, 150+ friends association,The Chaapa'ai, 500k Club Social Groups

yeah, as that's what I saw to do in another thread.

i had to hassle and got all the prequisites installed, the problem is that when i try and launch the game it just tries to install the game, even though i already did that. i have the 1.03 and 1.07 patches, the drivers and everything should be fine.

i have issues with every game that have this stupid securom thing.

first i had a bad time with star wars empire at war.

now this game doesnt want to launch, securom is nothing but a pest.

anyway, ive read through a lot of stuff online, this game looks good and i want to play it but now i got the "could not write license data!"
    Last edited by wolfengang; 04-11-2009 at 07:46.

lost empire immortals error message

i buy this game orginal download to gammersgate. install this game and 1.0.3--1.0.4--1.0.5 patch not work this game.. (i'install dx9 and prerequisites programs)

error message:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Verilen anahtar sözlükte yoktu.
    konum: System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    konum: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    konum: dx.c()
    konum: dx..ctor(Gui A_0)
    konum: ci.a(Boolean A_0, Device A_1)
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.NewState(GameSta te state)
    konum: hr.a(GameTime A_0)
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.OnUpdateFrame()
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Run()
    konum: is.Main(String[] args)

pls help

Semper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

black screen

Hello I have upgraded from a 8800GTS to a 9800GT also upgrading to newest drivers and now I can not get the game to display correctly. All I get is a black screen with a cursor and music in the background. Has there been any solution? Instead of downgrade drivers? Will not do that because of one game. Moreover I find is strange having to install a DX from an old game. Most of us have DX already installed from a newer games and no wonder that this solution has not helped anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bman654 View Post
    I have heard if you email them again that their tips did not work they will eventually refund your money. If you want to try one more thing, we can enable fusion logging to see if it tells us something:

Open a command prompt (start->run->type "cmd"->press enter)
    In the command prompt (black window) type this:
    reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion /v EnableLog /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    Press enter

Now run the game again.

Post the contents of both log files (I think immortals.log and console.log).

To turn off fusion logging after this test (you don't want to leave it on all the time), type this in the command prompt:
    reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion /v EnableLog

Hopefully this might say something useful.
    Sorry for the delay in answering but I had given up when 1.0.7 didn’t work and as a lark tried to see if the game would work now after many windows updates and also came back here to see if there was anything new here and noticed your post.

Console.log:

Logging system initialized successfully.

Immortals.log:

Log opened: 11/14/2009 5:52:21 PM
    Program: LostEmpire
    Version: 1.0.5.0
    Log System INitialized
    SetCultureInfo
    Settings
    threadName:
    !Error! Message:System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'd4' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    at d4..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at d4.a()
    at is.Main(String[] args)

Again, the black screen is solved (at least in my case upgrading drivers) by deleting the two *.ini files in My Documents/ Pollux Game Labs/ whatever folder there those files are in. This resets the game to start up in 1024x768 mode and change it from there, and restart after that. Why? I do not know. That is what worked for me.

The newest drivers for any video card are not needed unless the video card is a really new one. Drivers for the video card is all that is needed usually since a slightly older video card can not use new stuff in a video card hardware with a different GPU processor, unless it was there in the old GPU processor in the first place.

I have a 9600GT and the only thing about different is the number of streams of info that can sent at one time. Mine is 64 streams and the 9800 is 128 streams or full out of what can be done. Going down to the like 9400 I think only has 32 streams or the 9500 card. The new ones I do not know about, but probably involve a different newer processor on the video card. And Direct X 10 and such, which I do not use myself for any game I have.

Of course I play slightly older video games and not all that many since some newer ones don't sound that good and I have my own desire of playing turn-based or semi-turn-based games.

Other games are not for me.
    Well, enough babbling.

Hi! I have installed the game and all the prereqs except the .NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0 SP1, which will not install since i already have .NET 2.0 SP2!!! I also patched to 1.08. When I try to run the game i get this:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040273): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040273.
    at Pollux.VideoPlayback.VideoPlayer.InitVMR9(Device device)
    at Pollux.VideoPlayback.VideoPlayer.LoadGraphicsConte nt(Device device, Boolean loadAllContent)
    at g1.a(Boolean A_0, Device A_1)
    at hw.a(Boolean A_0, Device A_1)
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.LoadGraphicsCont ent(Boolean loadAllContent, Device device)
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.OnCreateDevice()
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Initialize(DeviceSettin gs settings, String title, GameState initialState)

Is there any way to fix this?

PS. The whole prereqs-installer-thing is really lame!!!

It looks like I didn’t have1.0.7 loaded (I thought it was) so I ran the exe and this is now what the log file has (But it appears to be the same content as it had with 1.0.5.) in it:

Log opened: 12/26/2009 4:07:16 PM
    Program: LostEmpire
    Version: 1.0.7.0
    Log System INitialized
    SetCultureInfo
    Settings
    threadName:
    !Error! Message:System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'd4' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    at d4..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at d4.a()
    at it.Main(String[] args)

The video error is usually because the Direct X of the game has to be installed for this game, maybe becuase it is that (managed?) type of game.

The rest I do not know, but I have found out usually it is a bad install perhaps and I use Add/Remove Control Applet to install this game and the *.msi 103version patch.

107 patch or 108 with the nebulae I think either can be used, but again those should install okay because those are Bman patches.

For me it always installed better using Add/Remove programs instead of the autorun installer that the game came with. Something about it like perhaps some game parts just do not work quite correctly or something or other. Look around on the forum to see what some others think may be still going on in the game.
    I just do not know and do not work for Paradox so if nothing else, perhaps it is an error in your computer or defragging is needed of your harddrive or perhaps an anti-virus program is running that should not be when playing any game or Support from Paradox may have to be tried to solve the problem.

The only place so far (and I have not finished a game yet) that the screen may freeze is picking a galaxy to play on if one is looking at every galaxy in the menu list, it usually freezes there so instead I just look at a couple (very few) and pick one I usually made in the Galaxy Generator Tool .exe program, or at the end of the game when one is quitting, I may get an error message that on the desktop that really does not mean anything, except sometimes I check Task Manager and make sure the game is still not running in the Processes Tab of Task Manager. If it freezes picking a galaxy to play then I just start the game over after getting out of it hopefully with Crtl-Alt-Delete and shutting it down in Task Manager if necessary.
    The rest I do not know and I do not work for Paradox.
    Paradox Support may have to be contacted for anything else if you can not find an old thread that gives solutions.

All a player needs is the 103 (*.msi patch file) and the 108 patch (107 without nebulae). no other patchs are needed for this game.

Game crash on start up after the intro

I have read all the "Crash" Threads and i want to add my crushing cause i have done everything but got no solution. Patch Version: 1.0.8 i have updated every fraking program on my computer and the game specific programs too, date : "20 January 210" i think everything latest. My computer is a High End PC and i'm using Vista 64x Ultimate i hope to find some help.

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Verilen anahtar sözlükte yoktu.
    konum: System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    konum: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    konum: dy.c()
    konum: dy..ctor(Gui A_0)
    konum: l7.a(Boolean A_0, Device A_1)
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.NewState(GameSta te state)
    konum: hw.a(GameTime A_0)
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.OnUpdateFrame()
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
    konum: Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Run()
    konum: iu.Main(String[] args)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at g1.b(ResourceGroup A_0, String A_1)
    at io..ctor()
    at l7.f()
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.NewState(GameSta te state)
    at hw.a(GameTime A_0)
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.GameStateManager.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.OnUpdateFrame()
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
    at Pollux.MDXEngine.Framework.Run()

So, same. Good gaming pc, windows 8 x64
    I want to try a game of historical plausibility, or perhaps random hoi. Sounds awesome right
    Quote Originally Posted by eric292 View Post
    ;P - Life is the intermission between HoI3 sessions.

Old and slow......
    Europa Universalis 3Lost Empire - Immortals

Does Win 8 allow you to have a Program Files(x86) to use 32 bit applications?

JosEPh

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7