• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But the Soviets are already at war with the Germans. And the Poles might not be too happy when access to the Atlantic is cut off by German control of Denmark...

Didn't Hitler say that keeping Poland neutral is important for the time being? I don't think the Germans would remove their only buffer between them and the Ivans.

Kurt_Steiner (1) - It's not a front (yet). Instead, Stalin is content for the moment to send TB-1s over East Prussia to bomb the Junkers and keep the anti-aircraft crews of Marienburg castle on their toes.

trekaddict - Wise you are, sir, in not envying them. It is an interesting circumstance indeed that could make Hitler very interested in preserving Polish sovereignty and neutrality.

Kurt_Steiner (2) - Time will tell...

dublish - True enough. In any case, they've been arming as rapidly as they can for any eventuality.

darthkommandant - He did, and you are correct!

Bonus picture: Pilots and crew of the LDvB pose. Italian airbase at Pachino, Sicily. The Legion Dietrich von Bern accounted for 81 Allied aircraft in September and October.

condor_group_pic2.jpg

Nice photo.........and great update.....Surely the inept and gullible western countries will not fall for this ruse regarding the Danes.....but then again, the "Chamberlainian" types in the West will fall for anything.

But would the Gestapo cause so many casualties just to plan this ruse? Wait!! You did say it was a stronghold of Communists didn't you? So maybe it is the Gestapo's way of killing two birds with one stone.........so to speak...

KLorberau

trekaddict - Wise you are, sir, in not envying them. It is an interesting circumstance indeed that could make Hitler very interested in preserving Polish sovereignty and neutrality.
I don't know if many people are aware of this but Hitler many times before the war gestured to make allies out of the Poles, particularly while Piłsudski was in charge. He went so far as to praise the Polish State in a 1937 speech and cut them in on some predominantly Polish land when Czechoslovakia was dismembered.

I don't know if many people are aware of this but Hitler many times before the war gestured to make allies out of the Poles, particularly while Piłsudski was in charge. He went so far as to praise the Polish State in a 1937 speech and cut them in on some predominantly Polish land when Czechoslovakia was dismembered.

Yeah, the Germans actually suggested that in exchange for an extra-territorial railroad/autobaun through Danzig into east Prussia, they would turn over even more parts of Czechoslovakia that the Poles claimed.

KLorberau - Thank you very much! It's true that politicians are often easily blinded, but as we have seen so far, all that Germany needs is for its enemies to hesitate for it to be able to exploit the situation. Well-spotted about the communists, but be aware that other clues exist as well. More on that soon :D.

HKslan - I think it's the Poles that try to make everyone forget that :rofl:. In my own opinion, though, such moves were far less sincere than in WTL. Here, at least according to the plan of the Scholl Memorandum, Hitler in effect gives up on eastern expansion until Britain is defeated.

Kordo - This actually ties into the very interesting alternate history that I would have done had I not done Weltkriegschaft. That is, Hitler managing to get Danzig peacefully, and continuing his buildup and bloodless annexations until his original ideal start date for the war in 1945-1947.

Kordo - This actually ties into the very interesting alternate history that I would have done had I not done Weltkriegschaft. That is, Hitler managing to get Danzig peacefully, and continuing his buildup and bloodless annexations until his original ideal start date for the war in 1945-1947.

Really now? Well, if you get bored of witting Weltkriegschaft or once you are done with it (in how many years it takes you :rolleyes: ) you could begin this one. Personally it sounds very interesting!

Bonus picture: Wehrmacht leaders confer in front of the Frauenkirche during September's Party Rally in Nuremberg. A low key affair because of the war, the Day of Unity primarily offered an outlet for honoring Germany's war dead. Left to right: Field Marshal von Blomberg, Generaloberst von Fritsch, Admiral Raeder.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1983-1111-502.jpg

Kordo - After writing hundreds of thousands of words about Nazi Germany, I can't imagine what would give me the strength and inspiration to do it all over again.

Oh, right... HoI3! :cool:

Don't get your hopes up at any rate, but I'm glad you like the premise!

You really like that Bundesarchiv, don't you? I wonder how you found it. ;)

Google is your friend, methinks.

:eek:

I feel so unappreciated. :eek:o

*consoles himself by polishing his medals*

dublish (1) - I would write love letters to it if I could! I think I first found Bundesarchiv pictures through Google, although the Wikipedia trove came later. Or should the wink tell me otherwise?

English Patriot (1) - Wikipedia has thousands of these uploaded straight from the German Federal Archive.

Kurt_Steiner - It is!

trekaddict (1) - :D

English Patriot (2) - Isn't he?

trekaddict (2) - :rofl:

dublish (2) - Pip, pip! You are very much appreciated, sir!