• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Striker475 - Good! 'Cuz if you did care..... :rofl:

dublish - :)

Kanil - I hadn't anticipated that people would have a hard time making it out - but I'm sure you're not the only one.

Kanil - I hadn't anticipated that people would have a hard time making it out - but I'm sure you're not the only one.

I thought, for a second, that it was a joke. Then I saw something in the pic that resembled a vague form and told me... perhaps not...

When I look at it more carefully, I can see the shapes. My computer room is not well lit, so I mistook them for shadows on my monitor.

Very neat.

Hmmm... it shows up pretty well for me.

On to the update, it seems to me that this is shaping up to be the Muslim Brothers all over again. Germany contacts a resistance organization that they believe is powerful and numerous -- the resistors claim to have thousands and thousands of well-armed fighters and then there's a big letdown. If I were HKK I'd want to send Fallschirmjager to make sure the job gets done right.

Wasn't De Valera actually titled Taoiseagh (sp?)

TRP - Thank you and welcome! I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

Kurt_Steiner - Ah... I guess I shouldn't presume everyone else is a high-gamma freak like me :rofl:.

Kanil - Ohhhh. So I guess that puts your first "approval" comment in an entirely different light :p. Glad you like it anyway!

SeleucidRex - That is certainly a very distinct possibility. Even outside the confines of Weltkriegschaft that is a very well observed pattern -- from the campaigns of Alexander to the Anbar Awakening. Nonetheless, the IRA is still much better organized than the Muslim Brothers and does have legitimate military experience. Unfortunately, the paratroop option is out. Oberst Student has a full size parachute and glider school up and running at Stendal, but at present all of the combat-ready paratroop-candidates are actually deployed in the glider arm. It will be still some time before full combat units of paratroopers are ready for action. Still, none of that's to say that the glider option wouldn't still be in play. Finally, although de Valera later came to be titled Taoiseach in OTL, at this point he was still just President of the Executive Council.

If I were HKK I'd want to send Fallschirmjager to make sure the job gets done right.

Were I HKK, I'd be waiting for somebody to come up with the idea to drop soldiers out of planes. Give it time. ;)

EDIT: Emu'd by 30 minutes. That's what I get for browsing wiki.

EDIT: Emu'd by 30 minutes. That's what I get for browsing wiki.

What does "Emu'd" mean? :confused:

A reference to Blue Emu, perhaps?

What does "Emu'd" mean? :confused:

A reference to Blue Emu, perhaps?

Yes. blue emu has (had?) a habit of posting an answer to every question anybody asked in the HoI2 forums while somebody else was typing up their own posts. blue emu's answer would invariably be far more comprehensive (and comprehensible) than whomever's he was preempting.

Dropping by to say I'm now into "The Lion's Den!" Simply marvelous stuff here TheHyphenated1, Continue with the great work and I shall soon be caught all the way up with this splendid AAR!

SeleucidRex - That is certainly a very distinct possibility. Even outside the confines of Weltkriegschaft that is a very well observed pattern -- from the campaigns of Alexander to the Anbar Awakening. Nonetheless, the IRA is still much better organized than the Muslim Brothers and does have legitimate military experience. Unfortunately, the paratroop option is out. Oberst Student has a full size parachute and glider school up and running at Stendal, but at present all of the combat-ready paratroop-candidates are actually deployed in the glider arm. It will be still some time before full combat units of paratroopers are ready for action. Still, none of that's to say that the glider option wouldn't still be in play. Finally, although de Valera later came to be titled Taoiseach in OTL, at this point he was still just President of the Executive Council.

Ah =/

What about U-boots? Have you progressed to type VII yet?

dublish - Aha! Well maybe someday blue emu will have a chance to do that himself in this very thread. One can hope...:cool:

volksmarschall - Thank you very much! I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

SeleucidRex - In a word, no. It will still be some time before the next generation of U-boats sees service.

Next update, III:XIX, will be going up some time this week. I predict that it will be, shall we say, rather spicy.

~

I see.... Then how are you going to choke off supplies to Britain before the invasion?

Slaughts - Hopefully not for much longer :).

SeleucidRex - That's going to be tough. That's mainly going to fall to the Luftwaffe, which is frantically trying to adapt to its anticipated anti-ship missions. Luckily for them, the British are not depending on a lifeline of convoys as in OTL.

SeleucidRex - That's going to be tough. That's mainly going to fall to the Luftwaffe, which is frantically trying to adapt to its anticipated anti-ship missions. Luckily for them, the British are not depending on a lifeline of convoys as in OTL.

Did Wever die in a plane crash as IRL? Or is there a chance the Luftwaffe will go in a radically ahistorical direction?

Wever, my dear dublish, is alive, well, and doing his best to ensure that Milch doesn't muck things up too much with Bayerlein and von Küchler :D.