• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kurt_Steiner - They're trying hard to kick the habit.

El Pip - [sarcasm] oh, because your previous comments made it seem like you were rooting for them [/sarcasm] :p

trekaddict - He speaks sooth, El Pip. He speaks sooth.

Brad1 - Thank you! And welcome back!

I always find your air-related updates especially interesting, they are very enjoyable to read.

Excellent job as always.

Happy Birthday, Weltkriegschaft! :)

And may there be many more, even though they can't come fast enough. :D

landsers_in_france_may40.jpg

The day is here at last. A full year has elapsed since the start of Weltkriegschaft and your first introduction to Albert Lössner on the slopes overlooking Berchtesgaden. Thanks to you the readers, were are now up to 67 installments, more than 1000 comments and nearly 45,000 views. I am amazed at the amount of positive feedback you guys have shown, but the story is far from over.

To celebrate Weltkriegschaft’s 1st Birthday, I thought it might be fun to look another year into the future. The date is March 5, 2010. What has happened in the world of Weltkriegschaft in the past year? How do you think the events of today will come to fruition over the next 365?

Does Britain remain free? Has the Soviet Union brought the war to Germany? What of America? Does Martin Kappel continue the struggle against Hitler? Which alliance holds sway in the Mediterranean? Has Hjalmar Schacht transformed the Reich’s economy? Have the various competing personalities within the Wehrmacht reconciled their differences? What of the war in the air and the war at sea? Does the French government still stand defiantly with Britain, or does the tricolore now fly beside the Nazi War Flag?

What do y’all think? Feel free to let your imagination run wild or make carefully-deduced predictions. Or not, if you’re not so inclined. Have fun!

Thank you all again!

With two quick notes of feedback:

kanil - Thank you very much, kanil! There is definitely much air action to come :).

dublish - Cheers, and many thanks!

What has happened in the world of Weltkriegschaft in the past year?
Germany has beaten everyone, easily (with lashing of luck, no significant failures and a blatant disregard for reality obviously) and now rules the world. They are planning for invading the Moon with in the week, then Mars and will doubtless rule the entire universe by the late 1950s, almost certainly earlier. :p

Nice update.....but I think your replies have fallen off due to the length of time between updates....Like the old saying goes, "Write it , and they shall read (and reply).

Keep it up.!!!

KLorberau

I had even considered putting a line in there anticipating this heckling, El Pip, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt...

Just consider that the list of men who believed Germany realistically incapable of her OTL achievements includes names like Baldwin, Chamberlain and Gamelin, while the other side is stacked with men like Churchill, Roosevelt and Einstein ;).

EDIT:

KLorberau - Thank you. Indeed I am endeavoring to get the schedule back on track. It's back to weekly and with a little luck will increase further. Hopefully the excitement to come will keep the readers interested ;).

Just finished the Italian update....very nice.....if that pilot can give the location of the British reinforcements, maybe the Italians can pulverize them with artillery with Luftwaffe support........let it rain down steel!!

KLorberau

KLorberau - Thanks! One can hope, but the Italians have shown themselves so far to only best the British by sheer numbers and firepower, which it seems are both about to shift in the Allies' favor. If the Italians are smart they'll try to get some of their own air support, but the LDvB is strictly a fighter formation.

Rudolf Hess - Hello there. Glad to see that you've started reading. I should warn you, though, that comments that can be construed as directly taking a shot at someone else's comment and not discussing the AAR itself tend not to be looked kindly upon by the moderators around here. Hopefully no offense was intended.

Kurt_Steiner - Sorry if that was off-putting. I bet you never expected to see your comment on I:I to ever be quoted again, eh?

Kurt_Steiner - Sorry if that was off-putting. I bet you never expected to see your comment on I:I to ever be quoted again, eh?

No need to complain, my friend. No one expects the Brown Inquisition, you see :D

Happy one year anniversary TheHyphanted1! Your AAR is on my "to do" list. As I've really only have read through the first 3 pages.

Hopefully I'll find time to read your magnificent AAR!

Kurt_Steiner - True enough!

volksmarschall - Aha! Welcome aboard, and thank you. We all wish for more time in the day, that's for sure.

I predict that this AAR will have much more posts in the next year, it seems that the older an AAR gets, the more popular it becomes. Yogi's Fu Manchu series is a perfect example of this.

I also predict that you will have great difficulty in taking the UK, but will be able to pull it off. Depending on how far you into the game you get Russia may or may not become involved, but it is due to happen at some point. France will be crushed. I more eager to learn what this weltkriegschaft is.

I predict that France will finally be all occupied, but with alot of German blood in the process. The resistance will probably pick off a few members of Hitlers circle like Bormann, Himmler, Goering, or even perhaps ones like Heinrich Muller or Heydrich. Then suddenly somewhere, a revolution might happen in the USA where Fascists or ones friendly to Germany (someone like Lindbergh) will take control and keep American intervention null or on the side of the Axis.

A little random, but you asked :D

Brad1 - Thank you! We shall soon see!

Slaughts - Thanks! Ah, an assassination by partisans? Interesting. And a fascist USA! Don't think they won't try ;).

Enewald - Indeed! Make our SUVs seem downright fuel-efficient.

Ah, Korppi, sorry! You slipped in right under the wire. Thanks for reading and commenting, and I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Next update going up now!